Stuck In The Moment

Hello My Sweetheart!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The start of the day for the Kim's becomes very unusual since Myungsoo woke up very early and made the house fully prepared for his surprise for Hyemi. All people at the mansion are very busy though they didn’t know why. Even Mrs. Kim was very surprised to see what is going on their house.

 

“Son, may I know what is this fussing all about?” The puzzled woman asked.

 

“Mom, I got a surprise for Hyemi. Remember what I told you last time about her?” He hinted to his mother while looking at the newspaper. They are at the dining room having their breakfast.

 

“What? So you really go with your plan? Son, you should consider me first before doing that.” Her mother hissed at him. He is fully aware that her mom would be angry at him like what she did when he first told her the plan. Seeing her reaction, he began starting to be cheesy. He hugged her back like what he usually did when he is young.

 

“Mom, you know that I love that child very much. This is the only way to let her feel the mother’s love and warmth. Well, I’m not saying that you and I cannot provide it for her but a mother’s love will surely fulfil it for her.” He said calmly and sweetly to make the elder woman agreed.

 

“But it is just a pretend mom, not her true mom or simply your wife who can fulfil the duties of a mother. In that plan of yours, you are just hiring a babysitter whom she can call a mom.” Mrs. Kim replied. Angriness and disappointment are shown in her face.

 

“I know mom. We are at it again. It has been very hard for her. She always been bullied at school and there were many instances where I saw her cry, asking where is her mom.” Myungsoo stated in response to his mother. He was getting tired of that conversation. Every time he talked to his mom, it will always be like that.

 

“But Myung, there will be a big trouble in the end. She will be hurt too in the--“ His mother stopped when Hyemi entered in the room.

 

“Appa, why are you and granny arguing with each other?” Hyemi asked her father. She was getting ready for her piano lesson today.

 

“We are just having a serious talk, baby. Don’t worry about that.” He said eyeing his mother who is looking very mad because of their heated argument. “You should eat your breakfast now, because after your school there will be a big surprise for you.” He said which made the child smiled excitedly.

 

“Really appa? I wonder what kind of surprise it is.” Hyemi exclaimed while clapping her hands.

 

“You will be very happy when you see it. Now, better eat your breakfast so that you can start your lesson early.” He said while handing the food to the child.

 

Hyemi eagerly sat on the dining chair as soon as she heard her father’s statement. They began eating although the atmosphere is kind of awkward because of the argument happened. Myungsoo looked at his mother and the latter saw it which made her start to speak again. He knew that it will be about the “mother” issue again, fortunately, his phone rang.

 

“Excuse me.” He said and answered the phone.

 

“Sir, we already fetched the lady.” One of his men answered. He ordered them to pick Suzy to meet him.

 

“Okay. I will be there.” He answered back and ended the call. ‘Good. Now I can have an excuse to end our argument.’ He thought to himself and then looked at Mrs. Kim.

 

“Mom, I got to go. I have some important business to finish.” He knew that she would not believe him since he did not have to work that day.

 

“I know that it is--“

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter