Chapter 20 : Unexpected Encounter

Maknae Love

[KyuHyun POV]

"You're leaving, oppa?"

I turned towards SeoHyun and saw her pouting as I slipped on my shoes.


"Hm? Ah, yes. It's getting dark outside, so I should be getting home."
"Okay, KyuHyun." She walked towards me and wrapped her arms around me.

I was hesitant but pulled my arm over her shoulder for a one armed hug then released her, opening the door and shutting it behind me.

 

Sighing, I walked back towards my car and sat in the drivers seat for the longest time.

 

Why did SeoHyun wear that ring still?

Was she still dating him? 

Still in love?

 

I groaned and rubbed my temples.

This was giving me a huge headache.

 

Starting my car, I drove over a bridge when it began to rain hard.

Ugh, I hate rain. It makes everything feel more gloomy.

 

I tried to drive quickly home, away from the rain, when suddenly my car stopped.

I hit the steering wheel in anger.

 

Why of all days does it have to be now?

 

I sighed and pulled out my phone.

Great, no reception.

 

I exhaled loudly and got out of my car, hoping to find a pay phone anywhere close.

No luck.

 

This was just my day.

 

I saw two lights approaching me slowly and I realized it was a car driving towards me.

I waved my arm so they'd notice me.

Luckily, the driver did and they stopped at the side of the road.

 

Thank you.

 

I smiled faintly and walked up to the car as the driver rolled down the window.

 

Waiting inside the car, was none other then SeungYeon.

 

"KyuHyun..."
"SeungYeon." I groaned and turned back around.

 

"Wait!" The car door opened behind me as I continued to make my way towards my broken car.

"Do you need a ride back?" SeungYeon asked from behind me.

"From you? No thanks." I said while gritting my teeth.

 

I checked my phone again, and of course, still no reception.

 

"C'mon, KyuHyun. You're obviously lost and your car is broken. Plus, your phone won't work. I'll drive you home then you can call the car repair people."

Groaning, I had no other choice but to follow her. Or else, I'd have to stay in the rain for who knows how long.

When I locked my doors and made a double check, I dragged my feet towards her black jeep and got in the passenger side.

 

"Sorry about making your seat wet." I mumbled for I was soaked in rain.

"It's okay." She laughed and started up her car then returned back to the road.

 

The car was silent and all you could hear was the windshield wipers swishing quietly from outside.


"So..."

I turned around and saw SeungYeon tapping her finger on the steering wheel.

"Yes?" I asked, trying to be as cold as possible.

"Anything new?"

"Like?"

"Uhm... How's that girl?"

I glared at her "What?"
"You know that girl I saw at the theaters?"

"She's... She's great."

She laughed silently but lightly. "Really?"

"Mhm." I nodded to myself.

SeungYeon exhaled quietly then finally spoke.

 

"KyuHyun.. I'm . . . I'm really sorry about what happened that day. I don't know what I was thinking, but I don't know why I was with that guy."

 

I looked at her and she was frowning while looking out the windshield.

"It's ... It's alright, SeungYeon."

"I don't want to get back together with you, but I have a question..."

"Yes?"

"Do you still ... Do you still have leftover feelings?" SeungYeon spoke awkwardly.

I chuckled "Not anymore. Not since I met SeoHyun."

 

I thought about the day I had with her. 

Then finding out about the ring ruined my mood again.

"Aha, really? This girl must be something special then."

"Yes, she is. I love her."

 

This shocked myself.

 

I haven't ever said I loved SeoHyun, yet I was telling it to my ex that cheated on me?

 

"I'm glad you do, oppa... But, does she know that?"

"Anni... I'm... Nothing, never mind." I shook my head and looked out the window.

 

[SeungYeon POV]

"Do you still have left over feelings?"

"Not anymore."

 

The words hit my heart like a weight dropped on it.

 

"Not since I met SeoHyun."

 

SeoHyun? Must be that girl I saw ...

 

"Aha really?" I tried to laugh off my pain "This girl must be something special then."

"Yes, she is. I love her."

 

 

I love her.

 

I sighed. Why did I ever let him slip away?

 

Then I realized something.

Even if I had him, I wouldn't be happy.

Not happy if he was depressed for not being with SeoHyun.

"I'm glad you do, oppa." I sighed and looked at him for a quick second "But does she know that?"

"Anni... I'm... Nothing, never mind." KyuHyun said quickly and looked away.

 

I laughed lightly again and faced him "KyuHyun, you can trust me..."

"Really? Can I?" He said, his voice cold once again.

"Neh... I'm not the same as before." I tried to convince him but all he did was nod.

 

We reached his dorm in a couple of minutes and he soon got out.

"Nice seeing you again, SeungYeon." He nodded at me as he grabbed his bag from his seat.

I smiled and waved at him "Neh! Good luck with SeoHyun unnie, oppa! I'll be cheering for you~" I tried to say happily.

KyuHyun grinned and waved back.

 

"Thanks SeungYeon."

 

I sighed and watched him enter his house.

Pulling off the drive way, I started down the road again, this time with a different destination.

 

SeoHyun, you're a lucky girl.

 

 

Don't let him slip away like I did.


Authors Note:

 

Oh my gosh, finally updated LOL

Just a filler chapter I guess =p

Still in search for a co-author! 

 

 

Comment & Subscribe <3

 


 

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

 

Welcome our new co-author, ELFyourface!

She's a close AFF friend of mine and I hope you guys will become close to her as well :)

ELFyourface, Fighting! ^^

 

Also, check out her story as well:

You call this a HOLIDAY?!?!"