The Same

My First Love

Dongwan's POV

I don't know what to do? Should I leave or should I stay?

Seeing that the ice cream cake is starting to melt, I need to decide quickly.

I hurriedly placed the ice cream cake and ddeukbokki on the table near the door with my back against them. I was still hidden from their sight because there is a divider behind me.

Because of the sound I created as I placed the cake and ddeukbokki, they broke off from their kiss.

"Oh! My dongsaeng is here..."

"Hyung, I have to do something! I'll be back!" I said with my back turned. Then, I ran as fast as I could.

Hyung ran after me but I didn't look back.

"Yah! Where are you going?" Hyung shouted. But I was too fast that he couldn't keep up.

They must've been shocked but I don't really know what to do. I just know that I need time to process all of this first. That was the best solution that I could think of during that moment.

When I realized that Hyung is not running after me anymore, I stopped. 

Where should I go now?

Not knowing where to go, I just walked wherever my feet led me until I finally reached a store. I bought some soju and drank at an unoccupied table nearby.

"Yoon Jin? Out of all the women out there why is it Yoon Jin?" I muttered to myself after drinking a shot.

"She broke my heart! I loved her so much..." I poured some soju on my glass again as I remember that heartbreaking day...

Yoon Jin, Choongjae, and I are friends. Of course, me and Yoon Jin are closer to each other than we are to Choongjae because he just moved in the neighborhood. We became friends because he is in the same class as Yoon Jin.

The thing is, Choongjae has a huge crush on Yoon Jin even before I became Yoon Jin's boyfriend. We all know that because he always confessed to Yoon Jin. Eventhough Yoon Jin dumped her several times, he was still very persistent. That's why he must've felt betrayed when he discovered our relationship.

Feeling hurt and betrayed, he didn't hang out with us anymore. One day, I bumped into him at school.

"Hyung! I know that you are Yoon Jin's boyfriend already... but I will not give up easily!" He glared at me. I didn't really take that seriously.

Maybe I should have...

That day, Yoon Jin and I fought because a rich girl from my class gave me some expensive chocolates. She was mad because I accepted it.

I actually went to her house to apologize when I suddenly bumped into a mailman at the door.

"Delivery for Ms. Park Yoon Jin!" 

"Coming!" she shouted.

She received the package and opened it as soon as the mailman left. It was a teddy bear with a cute little note attached to its ear.

I went in and sat on their sofa.

"Even though you got a boyfriend I don't care! - Choongjae" She read it and smiled. She wasn't looking at me but I know she made sure that I heard it.

She hugged the bear and ignored me. I know that she was just getting back at me because of the chocolates that I received. But then, she went to her room and closed the door.

I went to the door and tried to talk to her calmly but she ignored me again. When she went out of the room, she ignored me again. This annoyed me so much that I guess I raised my voice a bit. We ended up fighting again. I stormed out of the house and she went back to her room crying.

The next day, I saw her with Choongjae. I hid behind the trees and observed them from afar. Choongjae's hand seems to be on Yoon Jin's shoulder and she was laughing. It seems that he is insisting to give Yoon Jin a ride home. Then, Yoon Jin tripped but luckily her back was against Choongjae's car so she didn't fell easily. Choongjae held her on her waist to keep her balance.

She then put her hands around Choongjae's neck.

"I love you! You are the only one I loved..." She said.

Then, she kissed him.

I was in rage... I felt like I want to beat someone up! Seeing that I'm about to lose control of my emotions, I ran as far as my feet could go. I don't even know what I was doing but all I know is that I just want to go somewhere away from them.

Thinking about it, that was nearly the same as what happened while ago but this time it wasn't Choongjae and Yoon Jin...

It was Minwoo hyung and Yoon Jin.

Feeling the same feelings that I felt before, I drank some more.

After drinking a lot, I decided that I need to go home anyway. 

"Why am I even escaping? You didn't do anything wrong..." I repeated in my mind.

I picked up all the courage I had and went back to Minwoo's house.

Minwoo hyung was waiting for me at the front door.

"Dongwan ah! What happened? Aish! You smell like alcohol!!!" He said.

"Nothing hyung! I just met someone..." I looked around and saw Yoon Jin sleeping in the sofa.

Hyung noticed that I was looking at Yoon Jin.

"Ah right! This is my girlfriend, Yoon Jin. She was actually very worried about you but since she came from a business trip, I let her sleep already. She was really tired..." He said.

"I see, sister-in-law must be so tired" I said. Saying the word "sister-in-law" was a bit hard for me though.

"Is it okay with you if I let her sleep in the room?" He said.

I nodded.

"Can I ask you a favor? Can you bring her there instead? You see, it's hard for me to lift stuff because of my injury last month..." hyung pointed at his .

I couldn't really say no to hyung... so I said yes even though I don't want to.

I put her on my back while Hyung is cleaning up the ddeukbokki that they ate.

"By the way, we ate the ddeukbokki! It was Yoon Jin's favorite. She almost finished it but we left some for you though..."

"Thank you hyung! I'm not in the mood to eat right now though..." I said while turning the knob of Minwoo's bedroom door.

I placed her on the bed and put a blanket on her. She looks the same.

The same Yoon Jin that I fell in love with...

The same Yoon Jin that broke my heart...