The Best Day Of My Life

My First Love

Dongwan's POV

I'm so happy for Minwoo hyung. Whoever that girl is, she is so lucky to have hyung! I was really surprised that Hyung can do stuff like seranding though... just like the way I confessed to Yoon Jin.

Actually, I really hope Yoon Jin is doing well. Maybe she has a family now but I just hope that she is happy. I love to see her smile... her smile that is so powerful she could take all the worries in the world just by smiling. Which reminds me of the day after I confessed to her.

It was a school day so I went to her house.

"Yoon Jin ah! Oppa's here! Let's go to school together!" I shouted.

"Oppa..." Yoon Jin appeared. 

Yoon Jin had dark circles around her eyes.

"Yoon Jin ah! You didn't get any sleep... it's because of what Oppa said right?" I sighed.

"No Oppa! It's because I had to... do a project last night!" She avoided my eyes.

I know that she was lying but it was my fault anyway. What can I do?

We walked to school together but the awkward atmosphere was so suffocating I didn't know how many times I intentionally coughed.

When we arrived at the school, I escorted her to her classroom. Just when I'm about to leave, Yoon Jin held onto my arm.

"Oppa wait! Let's talk first! We still have 15 minutes more before the bell rings right?" She said.

We went to the school's garden so that we can be alone.

"I'm sorry Yoon Jin ah! For making you go through this, oppa is really sorry..." I said slowly.

To my surprise, Yoon Jin held into both of my hands.

"Actually, I thought about what you said last night!" She said. "Honestly, I couldn't sleep! You know you're my older brother right? I was actually thinking of ways to tell you this. It's actually hard for me... 'cause you have been a brother to me all this time... I don't know how to say this but..." She continued.

Oh shoot! She's dumping me...

"You don't have to say it Yoon Jin ah! It was selfish of me to think that you would like me..." I interrupted her.

"Actually, I couldn't sleep last night because my heart was racing. It was pounding so hard that I couldn't even think of anything but you." She paused. "Oppa! I like you too..." She said shyly.

You like me too? Did I hear that right or am I imagining things?

I think she noticed that I was confused.

"I said I like you too Oppa!" Then, she kissed my cheek.

I don't know what to say but I involuntarily touched my cheek and slowly smiled. She smiled at me too.

That smile was the best smile I've ever seen...

That was the best day of my life..


 

Minwoo's POV

It's been a month since I first saw Yoon Jin. We've been on dates these past few weeks. As I get to know more about her, I can't help but fall in love with her! Actually, I can't believe that this is happening to me. I mean usually girls go after me but this time I'm the one going after her. I guess I like this for a change. At least I already found someone that I truly love. 

I asked her out on a date today. I planned to go to a skating rink with her. You see, eventhough we've been going on dates these past few days, I don't think we are already a couple. So, I plan to formally ask her to be my girlfriend.

"Oppa, where are we going today?" She asked cheerfully.

"To the skating rink... I've always wanted to bring you there!" I said.

"But oppa! I don't know how to skate..."

"It's okay... oppa will teach you how!"

At the skating rink, we both put our skates on. At first, we were just skating near the side but Yoon Jin was a fast learner so I lead her to the middle. She put her arms around my waist. I was so happy that I didn't see the kid on my right who bumped me. I lost my balance and turned around before I slipped and got scratched by the kid's skates in my arm. In the end, I landed on my which really hurt so bad that I can't even stand up.

I was really embarassed.

Yoon Jin was very worried. She helped me stand up and we skate our way towards the exit with her supporting me since I can't stand up properly.

"Are you okay Oppa? OMG! You're bleeding..." She's looking at my arm.

She asked for some first aid kit and treated the cut in my arm. I couldn't help but feel so happy. Eventhough my body was hurting, my heart was at ease. I smiled at her.

"Why are you smiling oppa?" She just finished putting a bandage on my arm. 

"Nothing! I was just thinking of what happened earlier. Wasn't that embarassing?" I smiled again.

"How could you even think of that when you can't even walk properly?" She laughed.

She drove me to a hospital to get my checked just in case I had some serious bone damage. Luckily, I only had some minor injuries.

Then, she drove me home and helped me go inside. 

"Oppa! It would be hard for you to walk around so just stay here okay? I'll bring whatever you need here." She gently put me on the sofa. I laid down slowly.

She went to get some pillows. When she came back, she put them behind my head. I held her hand.

"Yoon Jin ah! Thank you for doing this. Actually, sorry for ruining our date..." I said.

She sat down beside me.

"It's okay Oppa! I just hope that you would heal faster. I'm actually sorry that I didn't get to catch you before you fell awhile ago..." 

"Don't be sorry Yoon Jin ah! If you did that you would have fell with me and I wouldn't forgive myself if something bad happened to you..." I looked at her sincerely.

Suddenly, the atmosphere became very awkward and we were both looking at each other.

"Should I get you some water Oppa?" She said trying to break the silence. I said okay and she went back with 2 glasses of water on a tray. However, she didn't notice the leg of the table in front of her. She tripped slightly causing the water to spill in front of my face.

I leaned forward because the water was too cold. She kneeled down and took a towel nearby to wipe my face.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry oppa!" She wiped my forehead then my cheeks.

"It's okay Yoon Jin ah!" I held her hand. Our faces were only inches apart. We were looking at each other's eyes. 

"I really really like you Yoon Jin ah!" I smiled.

"I like you too Oppa!" She smiled too.

I leaned forward to kiss her.

That was the best smile I've ever seen...

That was the best day of my life...