The Parallel Confessions

My First Love

Yoon Jin's POV

Oppa and I are childhood friends. Since we are neighbors, we basically grew up together. He is a year older than me so I treated him like an older brother.

However, that changed when we were in high school. I don't know if it's puberty or some other reason but we started to look at each other differently.

Eventhough we're feeling a bit weird, we just thought that it was just normal.

It was my birthday when Oppa asked me to go to the noraebang with him. Both of us love singing so I didn't hesitate when he asked me to.

"Oppa! Sing Shin Seung Hoon's I Believe! Please!" I pleaded.

He ignored me and he put the numbers of another song in the machine. I was slightly annoyed at that time so I pouted in the corner of the room while he began to sing.

It was Seo Taiji and The Boys' To You.

"I just laughed over what you said but you wouldn't know... I like everything about you but I'm scared right now..." Dongwan sang.

He was looking at me. I've never really seen him like this before. It seems that he is not just staring at me but he is communicating with his soul. I could feel every word he is saying. He is not only singing but he is talking to me...

"When I see your lovable eyes, my heart gets peaceful..." Dongwan continued.

For some reason, my heart starts racing. It was the first time that I've ever seen how handsome Oppa is. Those cute but deep eyes, that perfect nose, and those lips. 

What am I thinking? Oppa is your older brother... he is just your older brother...

I was so busy mentally slapping myself when he finished singing.

"I just hope your innocent heart won't change..." He sang.

Just when I thought that Oppa is giving the microphone to me, he grabbed them with his two hands. I could easily see that he was nervous because his hands were shaking.

"Yoon Jin ah! Happy Birthday! Uhmm... Actually, Oppa wants to say something... you see, Oppa has been thinking a lot lately. I think... no, I'm sure..." Dongwan begans stuttering.

He sighed.

"I LIKE YOU YOON JIN AH!!!" He shouted and flinched.

It was so loud that he startled himself.

I was so shocked. I don't know what to say so I just looked at him. Seeing that I didn't react to it, sadness filled his eyes.

The walk back to my house was so awkward. No one was saying a word.

When we reached the gate, he started talking, "Yoon Jin ah! I'm sorry... I think I shouldn't have told you that! If I knew that this is going to happen I wouldn't have said those. Can you just forget what I said? I don't want to lose you..." He hesitantly said.

Before I could say something in return, he turned away and walked in the other direction. I could see him mentally beating himself up and muttering some words to himself.

Oppa looks so cute! Actually, I like you too oppa!


 

The next day, Yoon Mi called me. 

"Unnie, a hot guy in my office seems to like you. Actually he saw our family picture in my office desk yesterday. He was asking me a lot about you... why don't you go on a blind date with him" Yoon Mi said excitedly.

"Yoon Mi! I've been going to you're recommended blind dates for years and nothing really happens. I've had enough of this stuff already..."

Before I get to finish, Yoon Mi interrupted me, "But unnie this guy is different! I promise you that you will not regret this! C'mon unnie! Trust me!"

"Ok! But this is really the last time Yoon Mi! If this doesn't go well, I will not go to any of these blind dates anymore!" I said.

"Yay! I'm sure you'll not regret this unnie! By the way, his name is Lee Minwoo! You two could meet at the coffee shop near your office this Saturday. Ok unnie?" She said.

"Ok! I'm busy so I'll hang up now..." I said hurriedly.


 That Saturday...

"Excuse me, are you Lee Minwoo?" I asked.

He turned around.

Yoon Mi is right... this guy is different. This guy is unbelievably handsome.

"You must be Park Yoon Jin right? Please have a seat." He put out my chair for me.

"I've heard a lot about you from Yoon Mi. She said that you have been single for a while now." He said with a smile.

Aish! Why are you doing this to me Yoon Mi? Wait till I see you...

I smiled in return. 

"So, do you have hobbies?" I asked.

He laughed because of the sudden change in topic.

"I love dancing. I used to perform before but I can't do that now because of work. How about you?" He smiled.

"I'm not really into dancing. I love singing though..." I smiled politely.

"I sing too but usually in noraebangs and showers only!" He smiled. "You know what? Why don't we go to a noraebang later? I would love to hear you sing!" He continued.

That afternoon, we went to the noraebang. He let me sat comfortably. He asked me to sing but I asked him to go first instead.

This guy is different. Usually my blind dates take me to restaurants but why did he take me here?

He began putting numbers in the machine.

It was The Classic's Magic Castle.

"Can you believe it? That in my dreams you are a princess that's fallen within magic?" He began singing while looking at me.

His voice is really soothing. It might not be the best voice but it has a certain charisma and iness to it. It's not as good as Oppa though... Aish! Yoon Jin ah! Focus on the man in front of you... 

I was looking at him. He is wearing a simple white polo shirt tucked in black skinny jeans but he looks so classy. His eyes are full of emotions. When he smiles, his eyes smile too. I find that really cute and attractive.

"The world unraveling before us can be so special if we're together..." He finished the last line with a smile. 

It's been a while since the last time someone serenaded me. I admit it was really touching. I could really feel his sincerity.

It's weird that he seems to be doing the same thing that Oppa did. Eventhough it was the same sincerity, they are different. Is this a sign? Should I give him a chance?