Elementary-Middle

School Love Affair

A few years had passed since the Hoseok/dad incident. The police had no evidence so they couldn't arrest Hoseok's dad against anything but they said they'd keep close watch. You were both in the 5th grade and in the same class. One day, Hoseok came into the classroom with the familiar tear stained face you remember. "Hoseok, why are you crying?" you asked rushing up to his seat. "I'll tell you after class," he said with a slight smile. You had dreaded this moment in time. You knew exactly what was about to happen. He was leaving. 

 

You didn't focus all day. You couldn't. The thought of losing your best friend terrified you. What would happen? All you had was Izzy and Hayley but they weren't friends with each other anymore so it was weird. All you had as a true friend was Hoseok. Why now? 

 

After the school bell rang, you ran to find Hoseok. He was no where to be found so you ran all the way home hoping to find him. Once you got close enough to his house, you saw flashing lights and heard a lot of yelling. Your heart sank to your stomach. You kept running until you finally reached Hoseok's. There was 3 police cars and Hoseok's father in the back seat of one of them. 

 

You ran to your house and threw your bag and books down and was back out the door. "Hoseok! Hoseok!" you yelled. No answer. 

 

"Excuse me, sir, where's Hoseok?" you asked a police officer. 

 

Hoseok was sitting in a different cop car. "Hoseok," you sighed a sigh of relief. You had finally found your best friend. You climbed in the other side of the cop car and looked at him. "Kate, I'm leaving America. They caught my dad and I'm headed to the police station to tell them the whoe story, then my mom is flying in to get me. I'm so sorry," he said with his face in his hands. 

 

"Hoseok, it's okay. We can still be friends right? Please stop crying. Please." you said with tears in your eyes. You hated seeing your best friend go but you were so thankful he was out of misery. "Will you go to the airport with me? To say goodbye?" he said looking up at you.

 

"Of course I will, Hoseok. I will," you said hugging him.

 

A few hours later, Hoseok's mom called your parents to ask you to come to the airport. You climbed into your parents Audi SUV and drove to LAX. You saw Hoseok at the airport and ran toward him, not wanting to let go. You both cried for minutes before you both let go. 

"I'll never forget you, Kate. Never," and he was gone.

 

Your best friend was gone...forever.