Pre-K

School Love Affair

Your name is Kate. You're just an average kid, brown hair about mid back, brown eyes. You were one of the smartest kids in your preschool class, considering the fact you were 4 and no one knew much. You could read, write, you know the alphabet, colors, everything.

His name is Kim Hoseok. He was a small little boy who didn't know much of anything. He was kind of an underdog. He wasn't as smart as the other kids, he didn't like playtime, he didn't have friends. Until he met you.

Your class was outside for recess that afternoon. As you were playing with your friends, Izzy and Hayley, you noticed a small boy sitting on the side of the playground by himself. You proceeded over to his side and saw he was crying.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" You ask crouching by his side.  He wipes his eyes not looking up at you. "I'm fine," he says with a sniffle. "You can tell me. I won't tell anyone." you said with a reassuring smile which he didn't notice as he didn't look up. You gave him a pat on his back as he began to speak. "Well, I moved here from Korea a few months ago. My parents decided to d-d-d-diborce," he said with another sniffle. "I think it's divorce. My parents always talk about getting one a lot, too," you said correcting him. He continued, "Well I came here with my dad and he put me in this school. I don't have any friends and no one here likes me." he said beginning to cry again. "It's okay, please stop crying. I'll be your friend," you said hugging him. 

 

A year later (still in pre-k)  you and Hoseok did everything together. He only lived a few houses down so you were never apart. You both would sneak out to each others houses if there was a thunderstorm and you were scared. You spent almost every waking hour together. Until Hoseok was tapping at your window late one night. 

 

 

"Kate, are you sleeping? Please wake up," you heard a familiar sob coming from your window. You roll over to find Hoseok standing by your window with a tear stained face. "Hoseok, what are you doing here? Do you know how late it is? We could get in big trouble," you said opening the window. You let him in and he latched on to you crying. "Kate I have something very important to tell you," he said wiping his eyes. 

 

"Hoseok, you're my best friend. You can tell me anything." you said hugging him tightly. "Well, Kate, my dad has been doing bad things to me since I was 3 and I need to tell you because I don't like it anymore. I never have. I don't want to be with my daddy anymore," he said wailing loud enough for your parents to wake up. 

 

"Hoseok, what are you doing here?" your parents said in shock. You both explained why Hoseok was there and what his father had done to him. Your parents called the police right away. 

 

"Hoseok, does this mean you'll go back to Korea?" you said with tears of sadness. "I don't know, maybe my mom will move here so I can stay with you," he said with a hug. 

"I hope I stay with you forever," you said tightly hugging your best friend back.