Finding Hoseok

School Love Affair

You knew from the start this wasn't going to be easy. Hoseok could be anywhere. You were casually strolling the streets of Seoul when a familiar building was in front of you. JYP Entertainment. The famous building known to house your favorite kpop group BTS. You slowly made your way to the door hoping to catch a glimpse at your beloved idols. You went up to the front desk and politley said, "Anneyonghaseyo, I'm Kate. I'm looking to audition or to find a job here," the receptionist looked at you with a sincere smile. "Anneyonghaseyo, I'll give you some audition forms and a job application in a moment. Please have a seat. Can I get you anything? Water? Juice?" she said with an eye smile. "Oh no thank you," you politley said back with a smile. 

 

You took your seat next to a cut out of BTS. You were looking at all of the familiar faces of the members you knew when you stumbled across one in particular. "Hoseok?" you thought to yourself. It couldn't be him. He wasn't good at dancing or singing really. It couldn't be him.

 

"Kate?" you heard your name called. You went back to the front desk to get your forms. You filled them both out quickly before asking where all the idols were. "Oh they aren't working today. They're all on vacation until tomorrow. You're not some obsessed fan I just gave these forms to are you?" she said lowering her glasses. "Ani, I just need a job and I've always wanted to become an idol. I just recently moved here from America. Can I ask you another question?" you said concerned. "Neh," 

 

"Is there anyone by the name of Hoseok in the group BTS? If so, I would like to contact him. He's a very old friend of mine and I'd like to see how he is. He's been through a lot when we were younger and I just want to see if he's doing okay," you said trying not to sound like a crazed fan. 

"Actually there is, he's only been here for about a year," she said. "He mentioned something about America I believe. I'll see what I can find for you." she continued with a smile. "Thank you so much," you replied tapping the desk. 

 

You happily walked to your new home and sat on your new bed. You sighed with relief knowing he was really there. But why didn't you recognize him earlier on? Maybe it was his new "look". Or the way he didn't sound familiar at all. You wanted answers.

 

A few weeks later your cell phone rang. It was an unfamiliar number but you decided to answer. "Neh?" you said shyly. "Yes, is this Kate? I'm Lee MinAh, the receptionist at JYP Big Hit. I was calling you to follow up on your interest in being a trainee and/or an employee here at JYP Big Hit. Are you available today?" You smiled with joy, you're one step closer to seeing your best friend again. "Neh, I am. Is 1 okay?" you said checking the time. It was 10 am on a Friday morning in the middle of June. "Neh, perfect. See you soon," and she hung up. Finally. Hopefully the president was satisfied with your applications and your resume. 

 

You quickly take a shower and get dressed wearing a black shirt and a white tank top with a light pink shaw. You quickly do your makeup and hair and you're out the door by noon. It takes you almost 45 minutes to go 4 blocks because traffic. When you finally open the doors, you smile at the receptionist. "Just head down that hallway. Last door on the right," she says sweetly. You bow politley and head toward the president's office.

"Neh, come in," you hear him say. "Anneyonghaseyo, I'm Kate," you say bowing to your soon to be boss. "Anneyonghaseyo, I'm JYP," he says bowing back. Wow, he's really intimidating. 

"I hear you want to be a trainee. Well, do you have anything prepared?" he said tapping his chin.

You began singing I Like You by GOT7. Without missing a note, or mispronouncing anything, JYP began to applaud. "Not bad for an American," he said with a chuckle. "Now it says here you've been dancing for quite some time," he asked you question after question and asked you to demonstrate. 

 

After your so called interview with non other than JYP, you calmly walked home. You saw your dad's car parked out front and you ran in to tell him the news. He was gleaming to see his little girl follow her dreams. 

Days had passed and you got another phone call. "Neh, Kate. This is JYP. I'd like to congratulate you on your new trainee status here at JYP Big Hit. I'd expect you to be in my office by next Monday to start your training." "Thank you so much, Mr. Park. I'll see you Monday." you say hanging up. You screeched and told your dad asap. 

Monday morning you woke up with a smile. This will finally be the day when you find Hoseok again.

He has to be there today if I have to.