Awkward

Running To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-Hyo pushed Gary away and turned around looking at the door.  All that was there was a bouquet of yellow roses on the floor.  The door slammed as Ji-Hyo stood up and walked over to the ground where they lay.  Slowly, she leaned down and picked them up looking at the beautiful color then over at the door.  She turned around and glared at Gary, holding the roses in her arms.  

"What the hell Gary?! I told you I needed some time," she spat at him.

Gary sat there in silence not knowing what to say.  After a few moments, he finally spoke, "what are those?"

Ji-Hyo looked down at the roses, "I don't know.  They were just here. I'd like you to leave, please. I need to think."

Gary stood up and walked over to her placing his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He leaned in for another kiss but Ji-Hyo was already out of his grip and walking away from him. Gary slipped on his shoes and left her house just like that, not another word from either of them.

Ji-Hyo walked to the kitchen and grabbed a vase from the cupboard, filled it with water, and put the roses in it.  She wandered through her apartment, turning all of the lights, leaving every dish in the sink and all the food where she had left it.  As she reached her room, she shut the door, placed the vase on her bedside table, turned out the light, then laid down and just stared into the darkness with a blank mind, trying to understand what had just happened.

~outside~

Outside of her building Kwang-soo sat on the curb thinking about what he had just seen.  What were they doing? Had they been together for real all this time and nobody knew about it?  Is he still in there?  Why are all the lights off?  Kwang-soo stood up and looked up at Ji-Hyo's apartment.

"Crap! The roses! I dropped them!" Kwang-soo stood up fast and turned quickly, bumping into someone.  It was Gary.  

Gary looked at him with shock and awe, "You! You were the one she was having dinner with?!"  Rage filled his face, making it beat red.

"Hyung, I...I can explain" Kwang-soo looked down at the pavement between them.

Gary threw his hands up and grabbed the collar of Kwang-soo's shirt and screamed, "She's supposed to choose me!"

"We're not dating! It was just dinner!" Kwang-soo tried to defend himself but Gary had already swung, hitting him right in the chest.

"Hyung! Stop!" Kwang-soo pleaded.

"You're not worth it!" Gary spat, letting go roughly and throwing his hands down. He turned and walked straight to his car and raced off.  

Kwang-soo looked up at Ji-Hyo's apartment window and thought to himself, "No, but she is." He then walked in silence to his car, got in, and drove home.  All he could think about was the kiss and how happy they looked.  Kwang-soo slowly walked into his home and removed his shoes and jacket, placing them in the wardrobe.  He moped his way over to his couch and laid down, not turning on any form of light.  His chest hurt, but not from the punch. He tried to sleep but all he could see was the two of them kissing whenever he closed his eyes. 

"It's a good think we don't have to film tomorrow," he thought, "that would be awkward."  Kwang-soo lay there all night, not sleeping once.  He was too afraid to close his eyes at that point. All he did was lay there.

~the next day~

Ji-Hyo awoke to the so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter