The Next Morning

Running To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji-Hyo quickly sat up in bed and looked around.  Her hair was in her face and shooting out fifty different directions. She groaned holding the side of her head due to a headache she was beginning to get. Thankfully her curtains were closed so the light wasn’t too harsh on her eyes. Her clothes from the day before were wrinkly and smelled strongly of alcohol making her scrunch her face up in disgust.

“How did I get here?” she mumbled softly turning and looking for her phone that was on the nightstand.

“What’s this?” she tilted her head as she picked up the sticky note and the medicine. 

She smiled and took the required dose of medicine swallowing it quickly to avoid the taste. After putting down the bottle she stood up and slid her feet into her slippers. She pulled her hair up into a messy bun and walked out of the room and into the kitchen. 

“Hey, my dishes are done,” she said looking at the sparkling sink in surprise.

 She grabbed one of the bowls from the drying rack and set it down on the counter. After glancing mindlessly around her kitchen she spotted the vibrant orange sticky note on the fridge. She walked over and removed the sticky note as she opened it.  Inside was a container of hangover soup.  She pulled it out and placed it in the microwave to heat it up and after a few minutes, the soup was warm and in her bowl ready for her to eat.  As she took her first bite she heard a soft snore from the couch in the other room. 

Picking up her spoon she slowed walked towards her family room, ready to strike at any sudden movement.  Lying on the couch was Kwang-soo cuddling against one of her throw pillows.  Putting the spoon down, Ji-Hyo smiled and walked over to where she stored her extra blankets and threw one over him.

Afterward, she went back to the kitchen, picked up her soup, and returned to the family room.  There she sat in a chair that was adjacent to him.  While eating, she looked over at Kwang-soo and smiled. 

“He didn’t have to do all this for me,” she thought, “that was very sweet of him.  He must be exhausted.” 

She had never seen him asleep before except for when he was being woken up on television for Running Man.  He looked so cute.  His hair was a mess.  His arms were wrapped around the pillow tightly as if it were a teddy bear.  He looked so peaceful. 

Ji-Hyo stood up and took her dish to the kitchen and washed it before putting it back on the drying rack where Kwang-soo had placed it the night before.  She opened up the fridge and took out some eggs and bacon. 

“I should make him something for when he wakes up,” she mumbled to herself and began frying some bacon and eggs. 

 

Kwang-soo opened his eyes slowly as he reached up to grab his phone.  The air smelled like eggs, bacon, and coffee.  It was just after nine o’clock.  He sat up and looked around.  He was still at Ji-Hyo's apartment.

“How did I get this blanket on me?” he thought as he glanced at the cloth draped across his torso.  He stood up slowly and slid his feet into his slippers. 

“I’m just going to get a glass of water before she notices me,” he said softly as he walked into the kitchen.  Kwang-soo stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Ji-Hyo sitting there taking a sip of her coffee. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter