Lunch

Running To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After about 45 minutes of driving, Gary turned into the parking lot of a small French-style cafe.  It was an old brick building with yellow shutters.  There were a few small tables and chairs outside of it for those who wished to eat outside.  There were vines growing up the side of the building and flowers in various pots around the door and in window boxes.  Inside a man wearing a beret and an apron seated them towards a window.  The menus were black with gold lettering on the front.  In the background, they could hear the sweet melody from a piano.

"What can I get you to drink?" the waiter asked.

"Can I get some lemonade," Gary asked.

"Just water for me please," Ji-Hyo said smiling towards the waiter.

"I will have it right out to you."

"Ji-Hyo, order whatever you like.  It's my treat."

"Thank you, Oppa! That's very sweet." Ji-Hyo smiled and dove straight into the menu looking for what she wanted to eat.  There were various style dishes, ranging from Italian to Korean to French.

Moments later, the waiter returned with their drinks, “Are you two ready to order?”

They both nodded.

“I would like the lasagna,” Gary said handing him the menu.

“And I would like the parmesan eggplant please.”

“I will have that right out to you. Can I offer you any appetizers?”  Gary looked at Ji-Hyo as if asking if she wanted any. 

Ji-Hyo shook her head softly, “no, thank you.”

The waiter walked towards the kitchen with their order and left the two of them for idle chit chat amongst themselves.

They talked about work and various other things.  They never went on outings that were just the two of them.  Ji-Hyo was having a lovely time just sitting and talking.  Because of Running Man, they were always having to solve puzzles and running so there wasn’t much time to just sit and visit. 

“Ji-Hyo.  You um…look very pretty today,” Gary said quickly out of nowhere.  “Not to say you don’t look pretty every day, just, erm, you’re pretty.” 

Ji-Hyo blushed deep red from the compliment, “thank you, Oppa.”  She smiled at him so that the situation wouldn’t get awkward then tried to steer the conversation to where it had been before.

“Why does Kwang-soo bring you to filming every week?” he asked.

“Oh. That.  He offered since I am on the way most of the time.  Something about saving on gas.  Oh, get this, last night I got really drunk and he brought me home and made me hangover soup.  Isn’t that sweet of him?”

“That giraffe would know how to make hangover soup,” he said under his breath. “That’s all, right? You guys didn’t….?”

“Oh, gods no!  I passed out at the food tent.  It was so sweet.  He even did my dishes and got me medicine.”  Ji-Hyo thought it wise to leave out the part that she woke up with him on her couch. 

“Well, I’m glad you’re feeling okay after that long night.” Ji-Hyo nodded in agreement and looked over to the kitchen door.  The waiter was carrying their food over to them.

“Bon appetite,” the waiter said, placing the food down in front of them.  They both bowed their heads, thanking him and then began to eat.  Their food was magnificent.  It was perfectly cooked and tast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter