Trying Something New

Running To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwang-soo exited through the back door of the café and got into his car.  He looked down at his phone and saw that he had a text message from Ji-hyo.

"Hey, I know you probably feel really uncomfortable by what you saw last night but I need to talk to you.  I need to explain"

He replied, "it's fine Ji-Hyo, don't worry about it" then started his car.  He needed to be on the set of his new drama soon but he wasn't in much hurry to be anywhere.  His face had a blank expression on it and his chest still hurt where Gary had punched him.  He was indeed uncomfortable by what he had seen the night before and what he had just seen in the café.

"You pabo," he thought as he drove. "Why would ever think that I could be with a girl like that? Especially when she has a man like Gary-hyung chasing after her." 

The rest of the drive his mind was blank.  He couldn't worry about his personal life right then; he needed to focus on his drama.  

Back at the café Ji-hyo and Gary sat sipping their coffee.

 After many minutes of silence, Ji-hyo finally spoke, "Look, Oppa, I know that your intentions are pure but you still didn't listen to what I had said.  I told you that I wasn't ready to give you an answer yet.  And to be honest, I still don't think I have an answer for you."

"Ji-hyo.  This is all my fault.  I was in a hurry.  I should have paid more attention to what you wanted.  I know that if our relationship is going to work I need to do that.  You are very special to me Ji-hyo.  I don't want that kiss to ruin our relationship, but to make it greater and something more."

She looked up from her coffee and at Gary's face.  He had a small smile on his face and he was staring right at her.

He continued, "We have known each other for 5 years now.  And of those five years I have always wanted to be with you.  Not just as Running Man's Monday Couple, but as our everyday real life couple.  I want to experience the hard times and the good times with you.  Not just as your friend but more than that."

"Oppa," she cut him off, "There is so much to take in.  I don't know if I can give you an answer right now."

"Let's just try it.  We are just two people trying to get to know each other better and build a better relationship.  If one of us wants to break it off, then we'll break it off.  Of course, I don't really see that happening, but it is an important part of being in this kind of relationship."

Ji-hyo thought fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter