Flowers

Running To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Kwang-soo and his mother’s meal, he dropped her off and just began driving.  He didn’t care where to, just that he was going.  His head was spinning.  Was Ji-Hyo really taken?  Just like that?  He had never given any thought to her and Gary being an actual couple.  It was weird to think about.

“I should have stayed at her house longer,” he said out loud. “Maybe then this wouldn’t have happened. Or maybe I should have asked to have lunch instead.”  Kwang-soo punched the steering wheel and rested his hand on the door of the car. 

After the morning’s rendezvous, he knew that he really liked, maybe even loved her.  He loved the idea of waking up to her smiling face and making breakfast together.  He wanted to stay up late to surprise her with gifts or finished chores.  He loved seeing her with messy hair and no makeup on.  He wanted to be there for her all the time, not because they were “just” friends.

Kwang-soo looked up at the area around him for the first time.  He had no idea how he had gotten there but he was in Ji-Hyo's neighborhood just a few blocks away from her apartment. 

Just then his phone buzzed.  It was a text from Ji-Hyo, of all people.

“It was great meeting your mom.  She is a lovely lady with a wonderful man for a son.”

“Thank you, noona.  I will be sure to tell her you said that.”  She had called him wonderful.  And a man.  Together. In the same sentence.  Kwang-soo’s face turned deep red.  Did this mean she liked him?  But what about Gary?

His phone buzzed again, “Hey, I know it’s a bit out of the way for you but do you want to have dinner tonight with me? My treat?”

“Sure! Do you want to meet somewhere or I can come pick you up?”

“My place.  I feel like cooking and want to share it with you. Can you be here around 5?”

Kwang-soo smiled big, replied with a quick yes, and placed his phone into a cup holder.  That gave him about an hour before he had to be at her place.

He drove around the block and parked in front of a nice little flower shop and walked inside.  He picked out a small bouquet of a dozen yellow roses and paid for them at the front of the shop.

“Hey, aren’t you famous?” the lady running at the counter asked.

Kwang-soo smiled, “I am ma’am.”

“Oh, you’re on Running Man, aren’t you?! I just love that show! Can we take a picture together?”  By that time a small group of people was gathering and looking at him.

“Of cours

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter