Chapter 7

Waves and Flames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junjin and Andy were the last to enter the training hall. Junjin felt like he had to lead Andy, he was his Flame after all, and Andy seemed very uncomfortable with the whole thing, he could feel Andy’s fast heartbeat in his chest.

He smiled to himself, Andy’s heartbeat was a constant reminder that he had his own Wave to protect now, he was a real Flame.

They had walked down a long hallway with many doors, a large metal door at the end of the hallway was their destination, it was where they would get further instructions.

Andy’s heartbeat was the only thing Andy could feel now. The connection he had felt with Andy when they had touched was fading slowly, he didn’t feel powerful anymore and he couldn’t hear Andy’s thoughts anymore. He missed it.

No one had told him he would have been able to hear the thoughts of his Wave, but now he wasn’t, he missed it. It was as if he had experienced a short preview of his full powers, and he couldn’t wait to build himself up to that point again.

“We’re here… should we… enter?” he smiled at the timid boy, it was strange thinking he was linked to this complete stranger. He had hoped to be in love with him immediately, he had hoped for a girl as well, but he just felt like with any other person he had ever met, except with this boy transferred his emotions to Junjin. He could feel Andy’s excitement.

“We should” Andy smiled and pushed the large door. Who knew what would happen, Junjin could only stay open and hope for the best, he wanted to be with is own Wave, it was the norm, and it was the easiest, and Andy seemed nice, he just didn’t know him yet.

 

 

Minwoo and Dongwan were in the large training room, no one knew anything about what would happen the next few months. He kept looking to his side, Dongwan was standing there right next to him, he still couldn’t believe he was real.

He reached out a hand, interlacing Dongwan’s fingers with his, it made the slightly taller boy perk up somewhat. Dongwan seemed very nervous, it made Minwoo wish he could still talk telepathically to him.

“Hey… I’ll protect you, you’re not alone…” he squeezed the small hand reassuringly. Dongwan had tiny hands really, but they seemed perfectly proportionate with the rest of the boy. All in all, Dongwan was a tiny masterpiece.

“Oh it’s not… thank you… I just…” Dongwan was cut off before he could finish his sentence as a loud canon sound grabbed everyone’s attention and a few people dressed in black stepped out onto the metal bridge that went across the room.

It was like a stage overlooking the room of young Waves and Flames, Minwoo assumed the people in black were the ones who would train them. They were quite far away as Minwoo and Dongwan had entered the room late, but as he focused he could see stripes and patterns in blue and red respectively on each trainer, signalling their element.

“Listen up” a man spoke up, he was a Flame judging from the mark on his arm. His hair was short and blonde and he was extremely muscular.

“Congratulations, you passed the easy part. Now here are the rules for the next couple months” his voice boomed over the room, this guy was a true Flame, Minwoo could only dream of being like him.

“You wake up at 7 am sharp every morning, breakfast is in the canteen and you’ll be ready for class at 9 am” many groans were heard as the times were announced, Minwoo wasn’t much for waking up early either but he knew it was necessary if he wanted to get better. He would have enjoyed some more sleep though.

“You’ll have separate classes until 1 pm where lunch is served, that means Waves in hall A and Flames in hall B” Minwoo squeezed Dongwan’s hand, the thought hadn’t occurred to him that they wouldn’t be together every second of the day.

“Team practice is from 2 pm to 6 pm, and dinner is served afterwards” the man stepped away and another man went to the front to take over.

“You are free to do what you want afterwards, but I will strongly suggest honing your skills in the spare time you have as the learning curve is steep and we will wait for no one. There’s a noticeboard up there” he pointed at the empty wall, and almost instantly it was filled with flaming letters going from A to D.

“Your names will be put on there every night at 9 pm, your group is determined on your team effort, so if you don’t work together you can wave goodbye to your spot in Group A” a tall Flame scoffed loudly next to Minwoo, mumbling something about his Wave being useless.

“your training will be specialized according to which group you are in, so if you want to graduate with a good grade, you need to up your game” The man then stepped away and let a Woman step to the front.

“We have four sleeping areas, you will be separated into not just Waves and Flames, but also males and females” a large ruckus occurred as everyone protested, Minwoo joining in and grabbing Dongwan’s hand tighter, the Wave looked at him with big eyes, he was horrified.

They couldn’t do this, they were supp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter