Chapter 5

Waves and Flames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was walking in a desert, dead trees and swirling sand all around him.

The sun was burning him up, but it didn’t hurt. The longer he walked the warmer he got, but instead of hurting, it was as if he absorbed the power and made the sun smaller.

He looked down to find himself , his clothes burned up in the heat, and soon his skin started burning as well. But still there was no pain.

It seemed the whole world was on fire now, all he saw was flames, but he enjoyed it. He felt powerful and free, he felt like he had caused it.

Looking up, there was no sun anymore, he was the sun, he had fully absorbed it’s power, and now he had the ability to make the whole world burn if he wanted.

But then he saw it. The only thing that hadn’t burned in his presence.

Every stone he had looked at had turned to lava, but here in front of him was a big stone grotto, steaming from the heat as it seemed damp.

It was a challenge, it was to test his strength, his new found power. He entered the grotto, steam everywhere, clouding his vision.

The further he went the more water he saw, and slowly he got to realise; some of the water wouldn’t turn to steam. He walked further and further, soon his feet were emerged in water as well, and then he saw her.

There in the water, in a big lake in the dark grotto, was his Wave. She was completely , back facing him. Her arms were around her chest, hands on her back as if she was hugging herself, hiding her s.

He could just see the small of her back, the water barely covering her more private parts. Her hair was bluish, soaked in the water and fairly long. She was beautiful.

The water kept echoing, the loud roaring of flames dying in the peaceful grotto, only droplets and splashes sounding along with a whisper.

“Hyesung” her name. he wanted to talk to her, see her face, but every time he entered the water, he sank to the bottom immediately and woke up in his bed with a start.

He was finally going to meet her. Today was the day he would officially become a Flame and he would see the face of his Wave. He imagined her beauty, her voice. She was extremely thin, he back curving nicely and her skin pale as ice. She was a Wave.

“Eric?” he turned his head towards Andy’s voice. The two shared a room, they had done so ever since he was 5 years old and his mother had come home with the crying bundle that had been Andy at the time. She had found him on the street, abandoned there by his parents. They never found out where he came from, and after a while, Eric got used to not being the youngest in his family.

He had two older siblings, both had gotten married and moved out long ago, so for the longest time him and Andy were alone, the younger boy clinging to him day out and day in like he was the only friend he had.

“What?” he groaned an answer, he really couldn’t wait to move out, he liked Andy, of cause, he was his brother, but he was very sick of the clingy nature the small boy had. Of cause it was just his luck that Andy had gotten his powers the same year as he did.

“I just…” he looked down at his hands, they were folded and kept fidgeting nervously, it always bothered him how shy Andy was, how he couldn’t just get out there and say what he wanted “… you had your dream again?” he had changed what he wanted to say, it was obvious.

“Yeah, same old dream, and you? Still not seeing your Flame?” he shook his head, looking down again. He was always the same with him, looking down, acting weird and shy. It was good for him he became a Wave, he could get himself a nice manly Flame who would protect him and take care of him. Then he could finally be free from that job.

“You’ll be fine,  now get dressed so we can eat” he smiled and got out of the bed, seeing Andy smiling brightly and getting up after him. Their ceremony clothes were draped nicely over two chairs in the middle of the room, one blue and silver set, and one in gold and red.

He grabbed the sleeve of his shirt, the fabric feeling silky and soft between his fingers, he would look amazing in it.

He began undressing himself from his sleep wear, throwing it hastily on his bed; he wouldn’t be seeing it for a while anyway. He couldn’t wait to get dressed, the clothes made him feel powerful, like his dreams. There was no question his Wave would love him.

He began imagining her as he the fabric of his own clothes, she would look amazing. The blue hair would be straight and full, flowing in the wind. Would she be wearing a dress? He hoped she would. Her legs would be slender, and her small form would look absolutely stunning in the cold form fitting colours.

“We… we should go… go… eat…” Andy was blushing as he spoke, Eric could see how uncomfortable he looked in the tight clothes, even though he was an extremely skinny kid.

“Yeah, you need to eat more anyway, even if you are a Wave, we wouldn’t want you to break would we?” he smiled and grabbed the younger boys cheek, it was extremely warm, especially for a Wave.

Breakfast went down fast, he was extremely hungry, even if he was nervous. Of cause he was bigger than most others, being 20 years old. It worried him a little that he was so much older than most others, but he knew it was all because his Wave wasn’t ready yet.

Another worry he had was the age of his Wave, if he had to wait till he was 20, he could risk her being just 16, and he knew age wasn’t everything, but that did seem extremely young to him. He worried she wasn’t ready for the same things he was. On the other hand, he knew it gave them an advantage. He was physically stronger than the younger Flames, he had more muscle, and a smarter brain.

“I don’t think it has really entered my head fully that I’m losing both of you today” his mother spoke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter