Chapter 4

Waves and Flames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was cold. He could hear drops of water hitting the floor, echoing in the white room.

It was more like a white space, he was floating, as if on clouds, moist cold steam hitting and engulfing him.

He could move without walking, and the longer he moved, the more water was there, heating up, while at the same time looking like snow or ice.

A man appeared, fully made out of ice, drops of water running down his body and dropping down into the nothingness beneath them.

He knew to follow the man, and as the amount of water increased, the man disappeared, turning to steam before completely leaving him alone.

The water started flowing up, towards him from all sides until the room was completely empty and he was filled with cool water.

He was dripping like the man, engulfed in water and ice, swirling like clothes around him.

And then he saw the other boy.

He had short hair, well a bit shorter than him, and it was brown, in a bowl cut.

He couldn’t really tell his features, but he could feel his smile.

Flames were everywhere on his side, surrounding him, and the closer they got to each other, the stronger the flames seemed to get, but he stayed cool, the water he absorbed protecting him.

They reached out for each other, flames and water stretching with their arms all the way to their fingertips before exploding upon contact.

He could feel the other boy’s hands in his, the wild steam filling the whole space, the loud hissing deafening him.

And then he opened his eyes.

He had been waiting for this day for a while now, his parents had prepared him for his day ever since he hit 16, he was now 18 and he had begun to worry his day would never come.

This day was a big day for every kid, but for Dongwan, the day was possibly tougher than for anyone else.

His mother and Father were the rulers of the land.

He got out of his bed, almost managing to make his own bed before a woman entered the room.

“Oh no no no, you shouldn’t do housework on your big day young master, let me take that” and with that she took the covers from him and began fixing whatever he had ruined in the night.

It was the same every day, different reasons of cause, but he was never allowed to do any work.

“Are my parents up?” he knew the answer, but he thought it too awkward to just stand there in silence to wait for her to leave.

“Oh of cause! They are waiting for you in the kitchen” she smiled at him, the way she acted like she was below him really didn’t feel good, it made him return her smile, and when she tried to bow he couldn’t help but doing the same.

“If there is anything else you would need master Dongwan, I will be right out here waiting to you to your parents” he nodded and thanked her for her work as she scurried back outside.

He could finally breathe a sigh of relieve. He knew it was their job to help the more skilled Waves and Flames, but he always felt out of place with that system. Sure his parents needed help, they were busy doing things only skilled Waves and Flames could, but him, why did they need to help him?

There was no guarantee that he would end up being skilled, he could end up working along side them for all they knew, so why the special treatment just cause he was born to parents with skills?

The woman who helped him was a Wave. She had been pretty good when she took the test, but her Flame had died on a mission and therefore she had lost her job.

She always told Dongwan how generous his parents had been taking her in, she always said she enjoyed working there, but the whole upstairs downstairs mentality didn’t sit well with him.

He went to his closet, the blue and silver outfit hung neatly in front of the large mirror, everything set up for him to do as little work as possible.

This was a big day, it was supposed to be a happy day. He would be an adult, he would finally feel completed, be one with his element and find his partner for life, but his parents expectations left a pit in his stomach no matter how excited he was.

He stood in front of the mirror, the outfit was masterfully made, fitting him like a glove and glowing as if it was made from real silver. There was no doubt his family had money.

Letting out a smile, he remembered his dream. His Flame would look amazing in his outfit.

Somehow Dongwan had always known he would get a male as his partner. His nanny was a Wave, and she h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter