Their Unlikely Meeting

Something Special
(unedited)
.
.
.
.
Kim groaned as Aki became more hurried in his actions. The mere touch of his pale, sweaty skin on her otherwise bare skin made Kim shiver and tremble.

At this point, Aki managed to strip her off of her blouse. Kim was panting heavily as Aki took off his jeans.
Meanwhile, things battled heavily in Kim`s mind. Should she do it or not?

No matter how trivial Pauline and Aki made it sound, this was a very big deal for Kim. A part of her will never be the same once she does this. Her innocence will forever be tainted. Kim didn’t know if she was ready for that. A part of her was curious of the experience, yet a big part of her says it was wrong.

Somehow, Kim felt that she and Aki had been together for a long time. He had been there for her constantly. He cared for her and loved her, she didn’t doubt that one bit. However, was she ready to give up herself for him?

It was as if she was only rewarding him for being a good boyfriend and not because she loved him. The other thing that concerns her was...was Aki really the man for her? Kim made a vow to herself that she will only give up herself to the man she truly loves. Sadly, Kim felt that Aki is not the one yet. She loved him alright but there isn’t any magic on his embraces...nor in his kisses.
Aki was now kissing Kim’s clavicle area. As he made his way down, Kim felt a sudden rush of nervous energy. Kim instantly felt ashamed of herself.

“Aki, please...I don’t want to do this...”

“Kimmy...I can’t stop this now...I love you...”

Aki removed the last bit of his clothing. Kim tried to wiggle her way out of his grip but couldn’t.

“If you love me you will stop...” Kim begged as Aki became more aggressive.

“Kim, let’s do this and get this over with...” Aki whispered in her ear.

“Aki...I can’t...”

“Kimmy...shhhh...it’s gonna be okay...”

Kim felt Aki’s hand play with the strap of her bra. He deftly managed to pull it off easily.

“Nooo....” Kim shrieked.

Suddenly, two sharp slaps hit Aki’s face. He felt the sting. He immediately stepped back away from her and sat by the corner.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I didn’t want to do it?” Kim said with tears falling from her eyes.

She immediately picked up the rest of her clothes and covered herself.

“Kimmy...you wanted it too...I felt it...” Aki said.

“I said NO several times but you didn’t listen...”

“But, doesn’t NO mean yes?” quipped Aki.

Kim glowered at him. She didn’t think he was capable of being such a jerk. She felt really ashamed of herself. She deserved so much better than this.

“Aki...take me home...” Kim ordered him.

“Take you home?” said Aki. “We’re in Tagaytay, Kim...you live in Antipolo...”

“I want to go home now!”

“Why don’t we wait till tomorrow...”

“Please...Aki...I want to go home now...” Kim cried.

“I’m not driving you at this time of the night...” said Aki as he put his shirt and pants back on. “I promise I won’t touch you again...let us just leave tomorrow instead of today...”

“NO...I want to leave now...” Kim shouted. “If you don’t want to drive me home...I’ll call my dad and have him pick me up...”

“Okay...okay...” surrendered Aki. “I will take you home. But Kimmy, are you really that angry at me?”

“Ano sa palagay mo?” Kim glared at him.

Aki felt a knot form on his throat. As he looked at Kim’s very hurt eyes, he knew...he had gone too far.

“Kim, I’m sorry...” was all Aki could say.

.
.
.
.
.

The ride home was even more uncomfortable. Kim resisted Aki’s every attempt to talk to her. Kim was feeling that there isn’t anything that he could say right now that would make things better.

“Kim, I’m really...really sorry...” Aki pleaded.

Kim wanted to yell at him. She wanted to tell him how hurt she has been. But it seems that they have crossed an invisible line in their relationship --- a thin line in which, once crossed, one can never go back to where it was before and the worst thing is, her trust for him was broken.

As Kim looked at him in silent contempt, she began to wonder if there was any love there left for Aki in her heart. Will this white-hot, searing anger she was feeling for him ever subside to a point where she can look at him without her stomach turning inside out? Only time can tell, Kim mused.

But right now, as soon as Aki reached the driveway of their house, Kim ran away from his car as fast as she could. Yesterday, she was running away from that very home she abhors. Several hours later, she was running back into it for some shelter and some healing.

It was already four in the morning and Kim was emotionally and physically tired to think of anything else. She lay in her bed, finally succumbing to exhaustion. Little did she notice the boy that was sleeping in her bed.

She lay beside him, threw her arm around him thinking he was a pillow and slept.

Gerald woke up the moment he felt her arm around him. As he moved to check who it was that slept beside him, she started to groan. He knew it must have been the daughter Agot was telling him about. He wanted to get out of bed and gave her the space she needed but her hold on him was much tighter than he anticipated. She stirred the moment he moved a fraction and he didn’t want to wake her up either.

So, he stayed there in her embrace.

He could feel her warm breath on his nape. It was the sweetest thing he could ever smell. With that thought in mind, he slept too.

And there they lay for several hours, locked in that sweet embrace. Kim, in her sleep, needed Gerald’s support. And that was what he gave her that night --- a warm body that would allow her to process her anger and grief without any conditions and without any judgments.

As the new day unfolded...as the sun entered his domain, these star-crossed lovers met for the very first time...unknowingly, in their dreams...
.
.
.
.
.
_______

March 29, 2009

(Author's Note: They finally meet! Enjoy!)