The Second Impression

love shouldn't be this hard

*Bobby arrives at his new dorm the same night where he will live with other trainees*

'We've heard a lot about you'

'Yeah, Tom has told us everything about you'

'Nice to meet you'

I was living with 6 other trainees including my best friend Tom. All together, there is Me, Tom, Minwoo, Sihwan, Taeyong and Jinwoo. There were more trainees in different dorms in the building.

'Hello, nice to meet all of you'

We spent the whole day getting to know each other, playing games, watching movies etc. As it began to get dark, we all settled down in our rooms, I shared with Tom. At about 11, Taeyong entered our room with one idea. He wanted us to go out and hang around town for a bit. Turns out Tom wasn't the only rebel.

'No one knows us! We won't get caught, come on! When we debut, we will hardly ever be able to go out all together!'

Tom spoke up; 'I'm In.' No suprise there.

Although I was worried about getting in trouble on my very first night, I really wanted to get out and see my new surroundings. 'Why Not, but we can't get caught!'

We started getting ready, we were all do giddy and excited! We wore dark clothes and hats to do our best to not get caught. The three of us checked the other boys where still asleep and we snuck out. Luckily, the norebang wasn't too far from our dorm so we could walk without having to pay for a taxi.

As we came nearer to the norebang, Tom suddenly screamed out.

'Oh , it's Minjun! He's walking right towards us!'

'Whose Minj.....'

Before I had time to finish my sentence I was pulled into the nearest building, it happened to be a cute little cafe/bar.

'He's one of our managers! If he catches us we're dead!'

We tried to make our way to the back of the bar, I was behind Tom and Taeyong. In my haste to catch up, I accidentally bumped into someone. Not too hard but enough that I had turned completely around and was now facing the door. I began to apologize but was cut short by the short by the sight of Minjun passing by the front door. I ducked out of sight behind the person I had previously bumped into, they tried to move to the side however I grabbed the sides of their arms gently.

'Please, don't move! Please!' The person just stayed still. After peering round a couple times, I made sure the coast was clear. However, I had now got myself into one hell of an embarrassing situation. I shot back, remvoing my hands from this persons waist. What I didn't know was that this person wasn't exactly a stranger. I knew who she was, I mean most people did, not just in South Korea but all over the world now. It was Kim Taeyeon.

I mean, I think it was. She was wearing a cap and casual clothes, but it had to be her. She was beautiful, even more so in real life. Luckily she was smiling slightly through her confused expression.

'I'm so sorry, I was... erm... well'

'Hiding? Don't worry, I can keep a secret'

'Hiding? Me? No way, I'm not like that, I was just, you know, looking for the time....' I said teasingly.

'Ohh right, well then, I guess I should just text Minjun oppa, he will probably know the time' she smirked.

'Woah Woah there's no need...' I said pretending to be intimated. We laughed.

'WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!'

'We thought ahjussi had caught you!'

Tom and Taeyong had arrived looking excited, like kids in a candy store.

'Man, how close was that-' Tom stopped mid-sentence, both their gaze turned to Taeyeon in surprise.

'I see you two are already corrupting the new trainee, shame on you'

They laughed and bowed slightly, suggesting the three were already acquainted.

'Do you two know...' Tom pointed at both me and Taeyeon. 'We only met earlier today' Taeyeon explained.

'Man, you work fast Bobo. Watch out for this one, he'll break your h...' I grab Tom's mouth before he can embarrass me even more. We push each other back and forth jokingly.

'Whose these kids Tae?' Taeyeon obviously wasn't alone, a man was with her. 'Trainees, oppa.' 'Her favourite trainees.' Taeyong added. She introduced us one by one, we bowed and said our hellos. 'Here, sit down. There's plenty of room.' He gestured for us to take the free seats across from their side of the table so we sat down.

'We don't want to intrude...' I said, however I was cut off by the mystery man. 'Don't be silly, you're not!' I glanced at Taeyeon, trying to judge her reaction. Her eyes were locked on me, we gave each other reassuring smiles. The small talk began.  

He must be her boyfriend, I thought to myself. Of course she would have a boyfriend, she's perfect. My mood worsened, I went quiet. There was no logical reason for it, but the thought of her having a boyfriend hurt me. It was ridiculous, I didn't even know her. I guess I was just like her fans, wanting her all to myself.

While Tom and Taeyong were deep in conversation with Taeyeons male friend, she tried to break the silence between us two.

'Is it your usual tactic to grab a girls waist to get their attention?' She smirked.

I laughed, slightly embarrassed 'Not really, but it seemed to work well considering I'm now sat across from the same girl. I might try it more often.'

'Be careful, some girls might not be as understanding as me, it might get you in trouble.'

'Sounds like fun.'

We continued talking and teasing each other, getting to know each other better. She was easy to talk too, we had an obvious connection. We were so into each other, I almost forgot we weren't alone. I had to remind myself her boyfriend was right next to us constantly to keep myself out of trouble.  

Me and Taeyeon chatted constantly through-out the rest of the night, occasionally joining in with the other boys. They didn't seem to mind us being in our little world, we all were having a great time. But great things have to end sometime. It was getting really late, into the early morning. Tom, Taeyong and I all had a packed day of training tomorrow which we all seemed to forget.

'Oh god, we have to be at SM in 5 hours.' Taeyong realised.

'We best get back and get some sleep, tomorrow is going to be rough.' Tom agreed.

'Don't you mean today?' I chimed in. We smiled together.

We said our goodbyes, I bowed formally to Taeyeon and her boyfriend, as did the other boys. They seemed to walk towards the car park, they must have drove here.

The three of us began our walk back, I was lost in my own thoughts, mostly of her. I then overheard Ton.

'Jiwoong is awesome, you can definitely tell they're related, I mean they even laugh the same.'

'Jiwoong..?' I said intrigued.

'Yeah, the man you just spent like 6 hours with. Not that you paid much attention to him, you were too busy flirting with his sister.' Him and Taeyong sniggered.

My face must have turned bright red, my mouth was wide open. After a few seconds I began to smile realising how stupid I had been. He wasn't her boyfriend, it was her brother.