01

YOU

Shin Minyeon stared blankly out the window as her professor discuss at the front, too occupied with her own thoughts. 'where will i live now?' she mumbled to herself thinking about what her dad just told her on the phone a while ago.

it's not that she's poor, she alone lives in an apartment in Seoul. Her dad  wants her to move without telling her why and all she can do is follow him. period.

 

"New house, neighbors, and everything." she mumbled again, "why do i have to face all these?" She rubbed her forehead and took a glimpse of  the professor and his lecture. "i know that already" she thought so she rested her head on her table and dozed off to sleep.

 

 

she woke up as she heard the school bell rang, she pushed her geeky glasses that's falling off her nose and looked at the man standing in front of her -- Son Dongwoon.

 

"ah...Mr.Lee...wants to talk to us..." He said slowly. Minyeon just took her bag and walked ahead of him, leaving him flustered whether to follow her or not. in the end, he followed her while all the girls at the corridor stare ar them as they whispered something, probably about why he is following her. He smiled awkwardly to them and walked after her. They reached the office and saw Mr.Lee waiting for them at one of the couches.

 

"to make it quick, i want you to study togetrher because you'll be competing in the interschool competition next month."

 

they both looked at him with a what-the-freak face as he explained that they are the most awarding at their batch and the most suitable for the competition.

"but we live far from each other! it would be a hassle to study togethter, go home late, go to school early and such," Dongwoon explained as Mr.Lee eyed him. Minyeon just stood there without saying anything, bored actually. "Minyeon, tell him that you cant go home late, your parents will get mad," dongwoon nudged her which irritated her.

"You live alone right? and i heard from your dad that you'll be moving," Mr.Lee asked.

"yeah. is that all? just study together?" She said, Mr.Lee said yes and Minyeon bowed and went out the office. Of course Dongwoon was shocked! Not that he doesnt want to study with her, but she's the least person to accept any task which would cause her trouble.

 

 

 

"yah!" Dongwoon ran after her, she looked back.

"what?"

"why did you agree with him?"

"because i want to go home, look for a new apartment, move in there as soon as i can, and rest." She answered and turned her back.  dongwoon grabbed her wrist which irritated her more. "MWO?!"

"but it would be a trouble for you."

"trouble for me or for you?" she retorted. "look, if you dont want to study with me, neither do i." and left him there.

 

 

 

"You're going to study with her?!" Kikwang and Yoseob said in chorus.

"yeah..." Dongwoon sighed.

"good for you!" Yoseob pat Dongwoon's back, "i really want to be close to her, but i'm too afraid that she might ignore, maybe you could introduce me?"

"yah! i'm scared to talk to her as well! she got temper!"

"you like her, right?" Kikwang butted in, making Dongwoon fall silent. "make a move now... or else i'll do."

 

 

 

 

"appa, i still cant find a good apartment," Minyeon said as the man on the other line is getting mad.

"i'll give you an address, leave that place and go there as soon as you can, they already know that you're going to live there."

"what?"

"i know you wont look for an apartment, so if you dont want to live with that family, go find  yourself a home." then the line end.

 

the doorbell rang and the owner told her to vacate the place tonight. leaving her with no choice but to go there. She sighed as she stared at the paper where she scribbled the address along with the contact number. She called the other number that was given to her and was welcomed warmly by an old man on the other line, telling her that he'll send his son over to help her move. Minyeon thanked him and ended the line.

She piled a few boxes at the front of the door and sat at her luggage, took out a science-fiction book and started to read it as she waited for the ahjussi's son to arrive.

After an hour, she noticed a man standing in front of her, she looked up from the book and raised an eyebrow at the man.

"ugh. I'm Ilrak's son. Son Ilrak's son." He rubbed the back of his head.

"what is life?" Minyeon muttered, loud enough to be heard only by her nose. "let's go." She said, more on commanded and took a box in her right arm and pulled her luggage with her left hand. Dongwoon grabbed the pile of boxes that reaches above his head. Minyeon looked at him, "babbo." she whispered and took the small box on top of what Dongwoon is carrying.

"thanks,"  Dongwoon said shyly.

"yeah yeah, be careful with those boxes, you might break something." was all she said as they placed it on the car and went to Son family's house.

 

 

 

]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[

sorry for the boring chapter. OTL i'll make it up to you on the following chapters. ^^

do subscribe and comment about what you think. it motivates me. hehe

and thanks to those who subscribed already. much love from me guys! *hugs*

 

-wiismiles