Putting It Together

YouTube: Broadcast EXO
Please log in to read the full chapter

✴✴✴✴

"Hey stranger. Are you working tonight?" Baekhyun asked as we spoke over the phone. I had just got out of class and I was on my way to the parking lot.

A week has passed since the whole Kai incident. Baek and I haven't really spoken because he's been really busy and tired from work. So hanging out was kind of troublesome. But we always found a way to either text or call each other, just wanting to know about each other's day. Even if it meant communicating at three in the morning, "Yeah, I finish my shift at 9:00PM though."

"Cool. Pick me up and let's watch a movie at your place."

"You're not busy tonight?"

"Surprisingly, no." That was music to my ears, "Take advantage of this free time of mine."

"Haha, will do. I'll swing by to your dorm after I'm done with work."

"Alright. See you later. Have a good day at work!"

"Thank you, get some rest while you can."

It's nice having someone checking up on me every once and a while. And for once, it's nice having someone care for you even if it's just a bit. I tossed my phone into my bag and made my way to the hell hole diner.

Honestly, I'm the last person who'd think Baek would choose to talk to. Not that I'm bragging or jumping the gun here, but I think we're in that "talking stage" now. You know? That stage everyone loves. That stage in any relationship where things are still tender but slightly getting comfortable where you are. We didn't admit to any feelings or whatever. But I can tell that there's flirting occasionally. We compliment each other, we check up on each other, and we think about each other. I hope I'm not reading him wrong but really. If this continues, I might just find every reason to actually... fall again.

That's such a scary thought though. Falling for someone again. It's like risking your life for that moment. You have nothing but good intentions for that person, still unsure if that person has the same intentions for you. But yet, you trust that even if you don't know, you're still willing to fall. That's the thing about having a crush or starting a new relationship; you're never sure but you still find the courage to try, merely risking your everything.

But Baekhyun seems so different to me. He's more than meets the eye. I've known him for such a short while but in that time being, I've learned so much about him and I was able to open up to him as well. I found somewhat of a comfort zone within Baekhyun. He allows me to talk to him about anything. And talking to him makes my day, even if we speak for ten minutes. Just getting to know about his hectic day puts me at ease that I'm able to see his human side; the side that not everyone sees, the side with feelings and problems and worries and sorrow but still finds his way to throw a smile on those cute lips just fighting to get through the tiring day. And that's where I'm able to appreciate him for him, the "him" before everyone found the "Baekhyun" we know now. It's a privilege and a sweet feeling.

I just hope that within time, we find a way to each other. Honestly. I'm not trying to jump to conclusions, but I'd be more than thrilled to have us work out.

Without further a due, I showed up to work. Here

Please log in to read the full chapter