Don't Go

YouTube: Broadcast EXO
Please log in to read the full chapter

| Yoora’s POV |

I’ve literally never been so tired in my life. Well isn’t that great? I’ve had two hours of sleep and I have a lecture to endure. How will I go on?

Ugh, Byun Baek; making me go out in the middle of the night with him to a park. What was I thinking?

No, I’m kidding. Last night was amazing. I’m starting to get used to the fact that I’m actually friends with Baekhyun. He’s the last person I thought I’d have as a friend. Who would’ve thought that we’d be communicating like this? Not going to lie, Baekhyun is actually a really chill and sweet guy. I see a potential friend in this dude.

Besides that, I had to make my way to school. Of course I was tired, but I forced myself to go to class. It’s only one class today; I should be able to handle it. Plus, I don’t have work later on so I’ll get to crash in bed.

I got myself ready for class, already dreading it. As usual, I hopped into my car, drove to the university’s parking lot, walked my way to the lecture classroom, and took my seat, waiting for hell to begin. To my surprise, I actually showed up earlier than usual. To kill time, I set my head down on the desk, maybe catching a few z’s while I can before the lecture starts.

I’m so tired, it’s pretty much ridiculous. I can fall asleep so easily right now but I forced myself to stay awake no matter how comfortable I’m getting here.

Ugh, STAY AWAKE YOORA!

 ✴✴✴✴

As soon as class was over with, I bolted out the room and headed straight for my car. I’m getting out of here as fast as possible to go home. My bed is calling my name.

On my way home, my phone began to ring. With one hand on the wheel and the other reaching for my phone as my eyes watched the road, I was shocked that Baekhyun was actually the one calling me. I didn't hesitate to answer. I set the phone on my lap as it was on speaker phone, "Hello?"

"Yoora! What are you doing today?"

Well this is a little weird, "Umm, I just finished class and I'm heading home. Why?"

"Let's hang out!"

"You're crazy. Don't you have scheduled things to do today?"

"I'm surprisingly free today." How is this prick free? He's a damn celebrity!

It wouldn't hurt to hang out again but I was just curious as to why he wants to hang out so often, "Hmm, alright. Meet me at Café Ti Amo in twenty minutes?" I figured that even though I'm super exhausted, I might as well get some coffee while I'm at it.

"Okay cool. See you." Then we hung up.

I took a detour to Café Ti Amo. As usual, once again, I was a little suspicious. Just why does Byun Baekhyun want to hang out with me AGAIN? 

I chose to go to Café Ti Amo because this place has an upstairs lounge which is a little more private. That way, Baekhyun won’t have so many crazy fans in his way. I thought I’d be getting used to this whole celebrity-friend thing but now it’s just getting really interesting and weird at the same time. Like, wouldn’t Byun Baekhyun have better things to do than to chill with a commoner? Haha, I meant that by the way.

I finally made it to Café Ti Amo and as soon as I walked in, I realized that there weren’t a lot of people here, fortunately. I immediately smelled the scent of freshly brewed coffee and the essence of delicious pasties and desserts. Not to mention that this place plays really good music as well. It gives a very modern but cozy feeling, a typical hang out for college kids.

Before the employee could approach me, I made my way upstairs to quickly claim a more private and quiet section. I was really worried that Baekhyun might get recognized and paparazzi and crazy fans would think I was dating him. I’ve heard about those scandals before; they get so intense and I don’t want to be in the middle of that madness.

I allowed time to pass as I read one of my photography books. I figured I could use this time wisely.

But after a few minutes to myself, Baekhyun showed up, “Hey.” He said as he took a seat in front of me.

“Wow, you got here pretty easily.” I said as I noticed his outfit. It was totally not celebrity-like, I’ll tell you that much, “I can tell your stylist didn’t dress you up today.” His hair was a total mess; straight from the bed. His sunglasses were cheap-looking and he was bare faced once again. He wore an old hoodie from a brand that doesn’t even exist anymore with basketball shorts and torn up Converse shoes.

“Hahah nope, she didn’t. I’m off from work today, isn’t that cool?”

“’Cool’? Then shouldn’t you be resting?”

“Who needs sleep?”

“You do. Your under eye circles are darker than hell’s basement.”

“Don’t talk; your under eye bags are starting to look like trash bags.”

“More like Gucci bags.” I joked. This already set the vibe. I guess this is the part where I forget that Baek is a celebrity and this is where I realize that he’s a really fun person to be around. We ordered our food and drinks, eventually enjoying the taste as well, “So how come you’re off today?”

“EXO-M boys had to go to China last minute and rehearsals without them made things a lot harder. So we took today off which was needed anyway. The guys were pretty tired.”

“And you’re not?”

Baekhyun took a sip from his ice blended coffee, “I am, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to hang out and stuff.”

“That reminds me…. Can I ask you something?” I’m just going to spit it out already.

“Sure.”

“I’m not asking this to come off as rude or that I don’t enjoy your company, but why do you hang out with me? Like, what made you want to be friends with ME? Of all people, ME?”

He grew a smile on his face, “Because you’re a cool person and I need more friends in my life and I need to socialize with people besides other idols.”

“Okay… I see. But what made you think, ‘She seems like a cool person.’?”

“Your video. Your sing

Please log in to read the full chapter