One On One

YouTube: Broadcast EXO
Please log in to read the full chapter

| Baekhyun’s POV |

“Hyung, where were you?” Tao asked as soon as I walked into the rehearsal room with my coffee in hand. I tried my hardest to eat as much as the pancakes as possible because I figured it’d be rude if I showed up to practice with food that can’t feed all twelve of us.

All of us have dance practice today for our concert coming up. We have extra choreography goodies to perform.

“I.. wanted coffee.” I simply answered. I didn’t want to tell them about Yoora. I already know how they’re going to react and it’s probably not going to be a good one. Knowing them, they’ll tell me to stop talking to her.

“And you didn’t bring any for us?” Sehun blurted like always.

“Yah, I’m not about to spend fifty bucks on coffee for all of you guys.”

“Let’s just get started. Hyungnim might get mad at us if we’re not stretched and warmed up for practice by the time he gets here.” Suho mentioned. I set my coffee down and before I could get ready for practice, I received a text message from Yoora.

Immediately, I was given a smile, “How was the coffee?”

“It was delicious! Thank you!”

“YAH. BAEK GET OFF YOUR PHONE.” The guys began to scold me. As much as I wanted to text Yoora, I had to put the phone down for once.

And here’s to the next eight hours of sweat and a tad frustration.

✴✴✴✴

Rehearsal was longer than ever. I swear we were in there for more than ten hours. I’m so tired and my feet are killing me. After rehearsal, we had to go through costume fittings which took a few hours too because we all had to try on a bunch of outfits to get them tailored and fitted. I felt bad for the stylist noonas since we all probably stank after practice. After our costume fittings, we all had to go to the salon to fix up our hair. Pretty much all of us had to retouch our hair colors or get a trim. This was all part of the process of getting ready for this insane concert.

After all of that, we finally headed back to the dorms. The car ride home was fairly quiet due to the exhaustion; everyone was pretty much asleep in the car.

I, on the other hand, was debating if I should text Yoora again. But I didn’t know if she’d be busy right now. I stared at my phone, constantly asking myself if I should.

We pulled up to our dorm building, “Wash up and get some rest.” Our manager said as we were exiting the van, “Don’t forget; you guys have practice tomorrow.”

We waved off to our manager and headed up to our dorm. The members of M were following up right behind us. Pretty much all of us were dragging our steps or slouching. Everyone was technically DEAD at this point.

Like usual, we washed up, ate some quick dinner fix, and got ready for bed. By two in the morning, everyone was passed out sleeping.

But me? I was awake. Staring at my phone. Do I talk to Yoora? It’s two in the morning. I doubt she’d be awake right now. Plus, she’s a college student. She needs all of the sleep she can get, right?

Again, I stared at her contact number on my phone.

Whatever, I’m calling her. I dialed in her number and it started to ring.

My heart started to thump a bit. Within seconds, she actually answered! “Hello?”

“Hey, Yoora.” I had to whisper or else my members will wake up.

“Hey, Baekhyun. What are you doing up? You should be sleeping.”

“I just wanted to call you, wondering what you were doing. Shouldn’t you be sleeping too?”

“Yeah, but uhh… I was just.. studying and watching TV.”

“Oh, then I shouldn’t bother-“

“No no, it’s okay. What’s up?” I felt bad. She was studying and I bothered her at two in the morning. But to my surprise, she actually wanted to chat.

I hesitated a little. To be honest, she sounded kind of sad. She was sniffling too, as if she was… crying. I took that into consideration, “Want to do something crazy?” I asked her.

“Bwoh?”

“Let’s go to the park.” Call me crazy.

“What? You’re insane. Don’t you have things to do tomorrow? Or should I say, in a few hours? You should get some rest.”

“But I don’t want to. Come on, let’s hang out. I’m not even tired. It’ll be fun.” I hope my intuition was right; that she was sad so this could be the best way to somehow cheer her up, “Unless… you have to wake up early tomorrow for class. Then that’s fine.”

She hesitated, “Hmm, fine. It’ll be fun. Let’s meet up at the Seoul Center Park then.”

My eyes widened, “Okay. See you there.”

I can’t believe Yoora’s actually down to hang out at two in the morning at a park. I didn’t think she’d want to do it. I guess this shows what kind of character she has though.

Quietly, I escaped the dorm with a hoodie, snapback hat, and glasses on. Hopefully, no one will recognize me. Then again, who the heck would be at the park at two in the morning?

Fortunately, the park was only two blocks from where the dorm was so I was there in no time and no one had the second to even look at me. The night was chilly as traffic was still flowing at this hour. The city lights were comforting and the night sky was soothing. I sat on a swing set by myself, waiting for Yoora to come by. I kept my eyes on the parking lot looking for a car to drive in, thinking it’d be Yoora. The park was completely empty and the street lights were on, to my benefit.

Is it odd of me to think of Yoora the way I suddenly do? Like, how I actually want to talk to her? I want to get to know her for some weird reason that I’m still figuring out. I’ve never been so upfront with someone, more so, a chick, before. I don’t know, wanting some adventure and freedom for once would be refreshing. Yoora could be the outlet to that.

Within a few minutes, I saw a car drive into the parking lot. I assumed it was Yoora since the car was a typical Toyota Corolla, the most basic and c

Please log in to read the full chapter