Park Yoora

YouTube: Broadcast EXO
Please log in to read the full chapter

| Yoora’s POV |

I’M SO DEAD.

Note to self: don’t watch a Korean drama all night long while drunk. For sure you’ll be up all night crying yourself to sleep, getting all emotional for nothing. It’ll definitely make you sleep in an extra hour. I’m thirty minutes late to my class and I’m contemplating on whether I should even show up considering how late I am.

I quickly bolted through the parking lot of the university and made my way through the empty halls. The security guards didn’t even have the chance to see me as I ran right passed them. Just as I was about to make it to the hallway of my class, I slipped on the wet floor, “AISH.” I hissed as my planted itself straight to the hard tile floor, “Forget it! I’m not going to class.” I hissed once again as I picked up my folders and fixed myself up, slightly rubbing my for comfort.

That put me in a bad mood even more and it just made me not want to go to class at all. I walked back out of the university and back to my car. Trust me, I don’t normally skip lectures. But I’m really not having it this morning. I have a pounding headache, I’m incredibly exhausted, and my is throbbing. Not to mention that I look like because I didn’t have time to get ready like usual.

I got into my car and I called up my best friend, Jiyoon. She’s a college dropout so she’s usually free during the daytime unless she’s working, “Unnie!” I said.

“Yah, don’t you have class right now?”

“Yeah but I woke up late so I’m not going in today and I’m already having a bad morning.”

“Wow, that’s a first. So did you want to do something or…?”

“Yes please. Let’s go get something to eat.”

“Arraso. I’ll meet you at YogurStory. We’ll have brunch.” That was music to my ears. We hung up and I made my way to YogurStory, a restaurant with amazing food and great music and a nice atmosphere.

Silly me. I’m Yoora, your typical college student just trying to find her way through life the happy way. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a happy person. I just have really bad luck and I’m currently not in the best condition. I have a lot going on right now. I’m in my final year of university and you’d think I’d be taking classes and lectures much more seriously. But I’m at the point where I really don’t care and I just want to make it out alive. I work a cheap job as a waitress. Nothing special there but it pays the bills. I live alone in a small apartment which suits me well; I didn’t ask for much. Let’s not forget the fact that I’m slightly an emotional wreck at the moment.

You see, when you’ve been dating someone for three years straight and he suddenly breaks up with you for another girl clearly calls for a really bad breakup. That probably seemed a little too straight forward of me to tell you that but really. My ex-boyfriend, the complete douche bag but who’s incredibly hot, broke up with me three weeks ago and I’ve yet to recover.

Honestly, I don’t really show that I’m a big fat mess on the inside. But when I’m alone, by myself at home, you don’t know what goes on behind those walls. Maybe “clinically depressed” is over exaggerating but I’m half way there.

It’s just that… I really did love him and he was my main support system throughout my college life. I sacrificed a lot for him. I got so used to seeing him every single day and just having someone beside me all the time. And out of nowhere, I’m demanded to change my daily routine, suddenly handing another girl that daily routine. It really . I go home and I’m slapped in the face with a bunch of memories of him.

Ugh, that .

Alright, enough. Snap out of it.

Yeah, I’ll get over it. I know that deep down, no one really cares and I just have to deal with life, huh?

I finally arrived to YogurStory and I shoved my broken pieces back together for now to meet with Jiyoon.  I walked in smelling the crispy bacon and the scrumptious pancakes. To my surprise, she was already there with a table for two, “Hey.” I smiled as I approached her.

“Hey.” She smiled back, “So why exactly are you not in class?”

I took my seat in front of her, “First of all, I was up all night crying like a big baby thanks to Korean dramas. Not to mention that I was drinking. I woke up really late this morning and I rushed to class but I was already thirty minutes late. So I’m running to class, right? And I g

Please log in to read the full chapter