CHAPTER II - THE MEETING

Survivor's Story - The Origin

The girl swiftly hit slap away my hand that was pointing at here as she said “Don’t you know it’s rude to point your finger to someone else's face like that?”

Wow the girl slapped my hand quite hard… I could even see some reddish mark on my arm “Hey! That’s hurt you know!”

“That’s what you get for being impolite towards another person!” the girl said as she stuck her tongue out.

“You’re also being impolite to her Honey-ah.” the other girl said as she hit her, who I assumed to be, friend’s shoulder.

“Ouch! Yah! She’s the one who started it! Why did you hit me like that?” The girl called Honey whined to her friends.

“I’m sorry for my friend, Honey here. She could be a bit rude, but definitely a nice girl.”

“Well apology accepted, even though it should be her apologizing to me instead of you Miss…?”

“Jung, Jessica Jung.” Jessica extended her hand to me which I welcome gladly “And this friend of my is Honey Mitzukuni”

Jessica pulled Honey’s hand a couple of times while silently mouthing something that I could not perceive and yet I think I know what. I looked at Honey being indifferent towards me as she kept her hands folded in front of her chest and looking at what I presume to be one helluva interesting electric pole in the whole wide world.

“Well it seems that she’s rather occupied with that electric pole, I don’t really mind though.” I said to Jessica “My name is Wright, Elisa Wright. It’s nice to meet you Miss Jung and Miss Mitzukuni.”

“Just call me Jessica, Miss Wright.” Jessica said as she pulls Honey to her side “And you could just call this girl Honey.”

“Hey! That’s my name, shouldn’t I the one who have the authorization to do that?” Honey said to Jessica with ‘Are you serious?’ kind of tone.

“Look at my face…” Jessica said to Honey as she pointed to her face “Do I look that I care?”

Ouch! Cold! Wow that girl sure was an ice princess, that’s for sure… “So, Jessica… what are you doing here? Doing some sightseeing?”

“Yeah… it’s kind of a release you know from my everyday hectic life.”

“I agree… I too came here for vacation purposes.” I replied “But I guess an idol’s life is far more hectic than mine.”

Jessica soon widened her eyes and staring me with them, even though she didn’t say it but I know she was asking do I know her. “Well of course I know you… I’m a K-POP and K-Drama fan!”

“But… you didn’t…” Jessica stuttered.

“Of course I won’t make a fuss about it… I know how important privacy is and I thought you would want that.” I replied with a warm smile.

Jessica then said and did nothing except for warmly smiling towards me with her eyes definitely saying gratitude to me. But even though I’m not making a fuss about it, once a star is definitely a star… there are people who started to notice Jessica and talking about it among themselves. Things are going to get messy if we’re not leaving right away.

“Hey Honey!” I called to Jessica’s friend with a sense of urgency.

“What?” Honey asked with an annoyed tone “What did you call me?”

“Honey! That’s what Jessica said your name was… or did you change your name already?” I replied back with a hint of sarcasm.

“Oh yeah right…” Honey said with a slight blush on her cheeks.

“Grab your friend, Jessica, and let’s get going.” I added

“Huh? Why?” Honey asked me.

“Can’t you read your surrounding?” I said as I eyed our surrounding where people suddenly started getting more and more crowded.

“Oh damn!” Honey said as she grabbed Jessica’s hand.

“Follow me; we’re going to get out of here fast.” I said as I grabbed Honey’s other hand and then starts dragging her from our previous spot. I notice a slight blush again though when I grabbed her hand, what’s wrong with this girl anyway, just a shy girl maybe? But I casted aside that thought and focus on running away from a flock of over excited fans of Jung Jessica of Girls Generation.

I can’t really remember how far we’ve been running so far… when I looked back all of the fans were still running after us with their somehow, I did hope that I was wrong, kind of dangerous as it feels that they’re going to eat us alive when they caught us. And they’re running at top speed! It’s just like we’ve been chased by those Zombies from the World War Z movie, only these ones could yell and screaming Jessica’s name. I also notice that Jessica’s eyes displayed fears… well some fans could be dangerous, even more when they’re flocking like this.

“Hey… do you know any shortcut or alley near us that we haven’t passed yet, one with a lot of turns so that we could use to lose them?” I asked with no particular person in mind.

“I… I think I know…” Jessica said with a short breath, damn she’s starting to get tired already. And here I thought idols should have good stamina because of their routine and all.

“Okay then, say when.” I said as I keep my pace up, not slowing down even one bit. And hey this Honey girl seemed to have quite stamina with her. She could keep up with no problem at all.

“When!” Jessica suddenly blurted out and then I noticed that right at my left there’s an alley, quite small and dark, that we could use. I immediately made a turn towards the alley and then increasing my pace, “Try to keep up for a while; we’re going to lose them here!”

Jessica’s was right; the alley has plenty of turns that it somehow resembles a labyrinth or a maze. People could easily get lost around here, especially if they’re someone who didn’t know the area well. But this much won’t give me much of a trouble, especially since I’ve been secretly leaving hints that only I could understand during each turn that we took. Just in case we need to trace back our way back.

After a few minutes of high speed of running and turning, we’ve finally able to lose the over excited fans. At the last turn Honey have notice that there’s this opened door and with any further questions I immediately dragged them inside the building. We’re hiding right behind the opened door with the walls on our back. The three of us panting quite hard after the ordeal… well even I that have been trained by my father whole my life does, both Jessica and Honey would definitely be out of it for some time. Honey did fare better compared to Jessica, she looked like going to faint anytime soon.

“Did… *Pant* *Pant* *Pant*… we lose… *Pant* *Pant* them?” Jessica asked while trying to catch her breath.

“I guess so…” I said as I was panting as well.

“Damn your fans, Sica” Honey said as she’s panting as well “You fans looked like those zombies from the World War Z movie!”

“Wha…?” Jessica asked in confusion.

“World War Z… The movie…?” I asked Jessica as this time I’ve managed to catch my breath “You never heard of it.”

“Well, I’ve been pretty busy doing promotion, commercials and everything.” Jessica replied.

“She’s almost got no time to do anything because of that.” Honey added “You’ve heard how she’s a heavy sleeper right? When she got some spare time she spent it sleeping like a log.”

“Yah!” Jessica yelled at Honey as she slap Honey’s shoulder but soon realizes that her fans might still be out there, due to both me and Honey’s widened eye, so that she put both of her hands covering … after making sure no one’s there she added with an icy glare “I do not sleep like a log!”

“Yes you are Sica, you could ask Yuri and the others.” Honey retorted with a pout “you’re definitely sleeping like a log; they even told me that they once drew something on your face and you didn’t even budge.”

“What?” Jessica asked with a shocked expression and Honey seemed surprised, I bet she’s saying that that she shouldn’t, as she clasped with her hand “THEY… DID… WHAT?”

“Oh boy… Yuri and the others will be begging for their life soon.” I said as I chuckled “And you better hope they won’t survive Jessica’s wrath, Honey.”

“Wha… What do you mean?” Honey stuttered.

“If they’re to survive Jessica’s wrath, you’ll be facing 8 girls’ wrath all on your own Honey.” I said playfully.

Upon the realization of what’s going to happened to her she’s immediately widened her eyes in shock. I guess they could be pretty scary in their everyday life, huh? Honey was practically shivering so much that I thought we had a minor earthquake here.

“Are they really that scary?” I asked them “I mean come on… they’re definitely not going to torture you to death because of this.”

“You said that because you don’t know them.” Honey replied.

“And you know them so well, is that it?” I asked as a reply.

I seriously couldn’t fathom that the girls were actually that scary… But I do I know about them anyway. The only time that I saw them was during their promotion on TV, I’ve never actually able to meet with any one of them let alone having some conversation to get to know them. Oh wait… I did meet with one of them… Jessica! She’s here now so that means I might be able to have a chance to get to know her. I could brag around with my friends about this, they will went nuts!

I looked at my wristwatch and it showed that it’s practically 21:00 PM right now. I guess walking around the Shopping Street and running around with Jessica really took quite some time. “Hey, Jessica… Honey… there’s no one else here right now. Jessica’s fans seem to be giving up looking for her.”

“I guess you’re right.” Jessica said as she peeked out carefully “There’s no one here besides us.”

“And since its 21:00 PM right now, we should go back to our hotel and dorm or house” I responded.

“Dorm or houses you asked?” Honey asked with curiosity.

“Well, I don’t know where Jessica’s staying but since it’s her own country she should be staying either at the dorm or at her own house, right?”

“Well, actually no.” Jessica replied “I’m staying with Honey for this couple of days, You see I’m having a couple days off from my manager. So I decided to stick around with my friend, Honey, showing her around the city and all.”

“Oh, is that so?” I asked while I pointed my view to Honey.

“Yes, she is.” Honey responded “She’s staying with me at the hotel.”

“Great then that means we could go back together!” I said excitedly “It’s been one helluva tiring day as you two would agree with me.”

“I definitely agreed with you!” Jessica said almost without any spirit at all, she’s definitely almost out “I just want to go back and sleep!”

“Like a log!” Honey added to Jessica’s statement.

“Yah!” Jessica immediately glared at honey and hit her shoulder, it sounded quite hard.

“Yah! You said you’re tired! How could you still be able to hit that hard?” Honey complained as she rubbed her shoulder with a pout.

“You started it! Not me!” Jessica retorted as she stick her tongue out.

I could only laugh because of their antics… they sure are weird… but one hell of a best friend that’s for sure. They’re interacting just like they’re siblings from the starts, some small fights but willing to protect each other when the other’s in danger, I bet the other Girls Generation should be like that as well. Honey must have just kid around when saying that they’re scary.

“No, I’m pretty serious when I’m saying that.” Suddenly Honey’s voice sounded.

I widened my eyes when I heard Honey’s answers… I immediately turn my back to her and then wondering how could she knows what I’m thinking? Is she a mind reader or something?

“You’re kind of mumbling it out loud you know…” This time Jessica’s voice was heard of.

“Wha… what?” I stuttered.

With that Honey chuckled and Jessica was trying her best to hold on to her laughter. Damn, I was mumbling those things out loud? How could that even possible. But then suddenly Jessica’s laughter broke off and so was Honey as well.

“You did it again, Elisa!” Jessica said between her laughter.

“WHAT? NO WAY!” I was flustered when they’re laughing out loud like that.

But that just trigger more laughter from both Honey and Jessica… alright then I need to fix this habit of me mumbling out loud to myself. Damn, how could I call it mumbling to myself if the others could hear it so clearly?  Shortly, after the laughter has quieted down, I told them that we should be heading back to the hotel and they agreed.

Jessica pointed the way and led us back to the Hotel by using the other way instead of tracking our way back; she said she knows the place just like the back of her hand. And she proved it right… just after a couple of minutes walking we’ve reached the main street where we stopped a Taxi and head back to the hotel that we’re staying at.

“Hey Honey.” I called to her as we ride the elevator to our room.

“Yes? What is it?” She replied.

“Do you mind me asking which room do you stay?” I asked.

“It’s room 0711” Honey answered “Why did you ask?”

“It’s nothing… just wanted to know.” I responded when the Elevator stopped as we have reached the seventh floor, and that’s when I notice that this time there’s no Elevator Girl at all. “And I stay in the room right across you room.” I informed her as we walked to our own room.

“You’re staying at room 0712?” Jessica asked as she pointed to my room right across hers.

“Yeah, that’s right. Maybe we could get breakfast together tomorrow?” I asked again.

“Oh sorry about that, we’ve planned an activity for tomorrow and we will start quite early.” Jessica said in a rather disappointed tone.

“Oh well, if that’s so I guess we could try some other day.” I said.

“Some other day you said?” Honey asked “How long you’re staying here?”

“I got the whole week here.” I replied “And today is, my first day here.”

“Well, I guess we could try to work something out.” Jessica said with a smile “Me and Honey also have the whole week starting from today.”

“Deal then!” I said “It’s time to get some rest I guess… Boy I’m beat.”

“Yeah, it’s a deal.” Honey said “Well time to go back to our own room then… Good night Elisa.”

“Good night Elisa, rest well. Today was fun!” Jessica said right after Honey.

“Good night to the both of you as well, and have a nice rest.” I said and then I turn to my door to unlock it as I hear theirs being unlocked as well. I looked towards them and wave my hand with a smile which was returned with the same gesture by them. And soon we’re back inside our own room. It’s been a long day and soon I found myself lying at my bed after having a relaxing bath. Tomorrow I’ll be going to Busan to do some sightseeing… Just as what Jessica said earlier, today was fun. I wonder what will I encounter tomorrow and when will I be able to meet those two again... And with that in my mind I drifted into my own peaceful slumber.