CHAPTER VI - THE DEADLY ESCAPE

Survivor's Story - The Origin

I raised my Glock up point it directly at the opening door, The door creeked opens and then suddenly I saw a gun pointed at me.

"Drop your weapon... Now!" The man said while keep on pointing the gun at me.

I know this voice... "You're the one who need to drop that weapon now!" I said as I keep on alert.

"Huh? Wait a minute..." The man suddenly lowered his weapon, his face is covered with dirt or dust, while keep on looking at me as if he verifying something.

"Wait... Dean? You're Dean Mazen right?!" I too lowered my gun as I remembered the man, Dean is someone that I know pretty close.

"Eliza?! Elisa Wright?! " Dean smiled while opening both his hands wide.

I immediately ran to him and then gave him a tight hug... It's been quite a while since our last meet. Me and Dean used to belong to the same War Skirmish Group together. We often won a lot of championship together with the team. Oh man it's very reassuring to finally met someone that I know and one that I could count on.

"It's been a while Dean!"

"Yeah, sure is... But how in the world you're here Eliza?" Dean said as he released his hug.

"Well, I was having my vacation here though. You know how I always wanted to come to Seoul right?"

"Ah yes... You always talked about going here and then meet some of those Korean Idol Boy Groups... That Super Yunior or something."

"It's SUPER JUNIOR, J - U - N - I - O - R, Junior!!" I said as I put both my hands on my waist while playfully glaring at Dean.

"Yeah, whatever.. we could continue our reunion later. We need to get out of here." Dean said as he ushered someone to come in.

"Oh! Honey!!!" I exclaimed when I saw the person who entered the toilet.

"Eliza!!!" Honey ran to hug me.

"And I thought you hate me, Honey" I said as I returned the hug and smile at her.

"Yeah I hate you, but still it's feels nice to see familliar faces in this mess."

"And Yet you don't even see me here Honey!" Jessica said while giving Honey what I presume to be the coldest playful glare I've ever seen.

"OH!!! JESSICA!!! THANK GOD YOU'RE ALRIGHT!!!" Honey exclaimed while giving Jessica a tighter hug than me.

"Shhhh!! Volume down please!!!" Dean strictly said in low but clear voice.

"Ah, Sorry about that Dean-ssi." Honey said while bowing down to Dean. "I'm just excited to meet with my best friend here."

"So I presume you two are getting separated at the Initial Chaos?" I asked Jessica and Honey.

"Yes, At the first outbreak when one of those things suddenly Bit someone, all hell break loose... Panic occurs and everyone ran for their own life." Honey explained.

"And we're separated by waves of human that ran away from the scene." Jessica added.

"Ah, I see... Okay then, let's get out of here." I said as I looked at Dean. "The trains aren't working and there's no point on being here right?"

"Yes...this station is pretty much abandoned, and not long ago we, Honey and I, found a horde of those things walking around at the other end of the station..." Dean explained.

"Alright then, that means we gotta get out of here as soon as possible. The street will provide us with much safer options rather than the subway station." I said.

We got out of the toilet and then start walking towards the exit, but not forgetting to grab anything that can be of help to us. I found some water bottles laying around and put them inside Dean's backpack that he's been carrying. He said he found the backpack before reaching the station while running from those things on the street, he used it to store anything of help such as food or water.

Jessica and Honey were scared, they always looked at every direction possible just to make sure. I have said to them to just relax, because Dean and me are with them, we'll protect them. But I guess that wasn't enough. Honey found a crowbar near a deadbody, I think he was a construction worker. I told her to hold on to it and she's gladly do. While jessica, as I expected her to be, scared and grabbing my arms tightly. 

Suddenly out of nowhere we heard a moan, and it's not the y kind either. Both me and Dean push Jessica and Honey gently to our backs and then readied our gun. We strafe slowly towards the exit, it's only a couple of meters away. As we got closer to the exit the louder the moans are, me and Dean suspected the moans came from the outside.

"Dean, you stay here with them. I'll look outside." I said in low volume which after hearing it, Dean nods to me.

I walk carefully towards the exit gate, which is a bit too big for my comfort. Large access points gave means to those horde to walk in together. As I reached the left side of the exit gate, I looked outside and seeing things that really make me shivers to the bone. A large crowd of those things were standing there outside, some of them walks around. This exit was not an option, I carefully return to my group.

"How is it?" Dean asked.

"It's bad... There must be hundred of them outside," I replied

"What? How's that poss..." I immediately cover .

"Lower your voice, do you want them to notice we're here?!" I say with stern low voice.

Jessica mouthed sorry to me. She's definitely scared for her life here, who wouldn't. I could only held her hand, it's cold and shivering.

"But what Jessica just asked is right though... How in the world they get here. When I reached here, there's only a couple them." Dean informed us.

"I know as much as you. We need to find another exit, this one is not an option." I replied to him.

"Let's us check the lounge first." Honey suggested.

"The Lounge?" I asked

"Yeah, there's a lounge here, they have some vending machines that has some snacks and drinks." Honey replied as she pointed toward a large area behind me.

The area is definitely large enough for us to manuever but it's a bit creepy. Maybe because most of the lights are out, and the ones that aren't flickering like those in the horror movies.Me and Dean looked each other and then nods, "Show us the way Honey." Honey nods and we started walking towards the area. I hope we won't see any of those zombies on our way.