Happy Birthday To You (ft. Eunhyuk)

Oldshots

You waited eagerly in the kitchen, with a dim night light on. 

It was your boyfriend, Eunhyuk's birthday, and you were ready to celebrate. 
You had everything ready, whether it was from the cake to the decorations. 

Everything was prepared. 

All you had to do was just wait for him to come back. 

You checked the clock and noticed that you still had a while to go before he came back. 

Fiddling with your fingers and crossing your legs to pass time, you sighed, and and stood up, looking around his apartment. 

It didn't look that clean...

Maybe you should freshen it up. 

You left the kitchen to pick up and straighten whatever you could find.

 

When Eunhyuk had come back home, it was about eleven, and he was surprised to see that the light at his apartment was on. 

He glanced confused, and wary. 

Was it a sasaeng fan? 

Should he worry about it? 

He certainly didn't want to die on his birthday. 

Taking a sigh, he pushed his key into the keyhole and slowly turned it, trying to make the least bit of sound. 

Fear settled in his stomach as he slowly turned the knob. 

 

You heard the door click open and luckily, you were in the kitchen. 

Alarmed and panicked, you just squatted down and tried not to make a sound. 

You heard him shuffle across the floor and you squeezed your eyes shut for a second. 

"Did I leave the lights on mistake...?" Confusion marked his words and you quietly breathed in relief that he didn't realize you were here. 

Peeking out a bit, you saw his silhouette, but luckily, he didn't walk into the kitchen just yet. 

"Did I really do that? Aish, I'm getting old," you heard his voice get closer and closer. 

"Wh-what the?" He looked in alarm at the decorations, and you knew that it was time to jump out. 

 

"Happy birthday, Hyuk!" you came from behind the counter, and he literally leaped back about a foot, clutching his chest. 

"AH!" he sort of screamed. 

You chuckled a bit. 

"Oh," he sighed in relief, and partly was regaining himself. "It's only you... I thought it was a sasaeng fan."

"Of course I'm a sasaeng fan," you pouted teasingly, putting your hands on your hips. "I'm following you everywhere and I even came into your house." 

"Nice joke," he laughed a bit and stared at the decorations that were embedded in his kitchen. "This?" He looked at the flashy signs and the ribbons, and you looked at him, suddenly embarrassed. 

"It's your birthday right?" you explained. "I wanted to celebrate..." 

"Oh," he grinned at you. "Thanks. I'm gonna be 27, but I feel younger." He walked towards you and stretched down for a quick kiss on your forehead. 

He pulled up and admired your decor. 

"Hm. I couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend." he said, his eyes focused on the shiny embellishments, and you silently laughed to yourself as to how much he looked like a little kid.

Pulling you closer to him, you blushed, wondering if he could feel how warm you were. 

"You know, I know it's my birthday, but I have a present for you too." he said, suddenly looking into his pockets. 

"Wait, wait, let me give you my present first!" you said, hurrying to grab your gift. 

"Okay, okay, I'll wait." he said, putting his hands up in surrender, and laughing. 

You raced to a room, and you searched for a wrapped up box. 

It was on the bed, and you  leaped to grab it, scurrying back. 

"Here..." you said, wheezing because you were out of breath. 

He took the package acceptingly, and he and you settled down in a chair. 

"May I open this?" he asked, eyeing you. 

You nodded vigorously. 

"Okay then," he smiled, and proceeded to tear it apart. 

Once he had unravelled it, he looked in awe at it. 

It was a silver ring that had your name and his name engraved into it. 

He stared at you with a pout. 
"What is it?" you asked, slightly confused. "Do you not like it?" 

He shook his head feverently, and he replied loudly, "I wanted to give you this!" 

You stared in confusion, and gasped as he went down on one knee. 

"Dangit, I wanted to say that I wanted to marry you, but then you had to get a gift as wonderful as this!" he said, shaking the ring between his thumb and forefinger. 

You put your hand over your gaping mouth. 

"But furthermore, I wanted to say that I love you with all of my heart," he said tenderly and gently, opening up a small box that he had removed from his coat pocket. 

You stared at it. 

The ring was silver, and the diamond shone brilliantly. 

"Hyuk..." you said, starting to tear up. 

"Yes? What is your answer...?" he said, hope filling his dark eyes. 

You nodded because you were suddenly incapable of speaking due to your shock and happiness. 

He suddenly stood up and hugged you tightly. 

You cried in his grasp, and when he pulled back, he gently wiped off your tears. 

"You know..." he started, pushing the ring onto your left ring finger. "I think you're cute even when you cry." 

You laughed gently, and he gave a sly grin. 

"Thank you," you mumbled, giving a smile. 

"And with this ring, I promise to love you forever and ever," he kissed your finger, and you blushed. 

"Did you like this birthday?" you managed to ask. 

He looked up at you and gave a small smile. 

"Of course I did," he replied. "Because don't you know? It's our anniversary today as well." 

You looked at him puzzled a bit, but then shrugging, you gave him a kiss that sealed everything.