You're My Everything (ft. Jay Park)

Oldshots

Hara's POV

You got out of bed that day groggily and sleepily. Slipping on your nerdy glasses, you pushed yourself up with your elbows, and turned, getting out of bed. You weren't the most alert when you had just woken up, and you totally ignored the world in the mornings. Yawning, you walked to the bathroom, closing yours eyes, which were slowly adjusting to the bright sunlight that streamed through the window. 

"Ah, annyeong, Hara," your mother spotted you while doing the laundry. You still didn't open your eyes, but you replied, "Annyeong, umma," 

Your family moved to America, but they still insisted that you speak only Korean in the house to instill traditions. You didn't mind, but you never really told anyone this. Your house was a typical Asian house, and being the insecure popular girl you were, you never really invited anyone over. You just went to other people's houses, whether it was parties or something else. 

Soon, you reached the bathroom, and searched for the light switch with your hand, swatting at the wall. Once you found it, you clicked it, and rubbed your eyes, finally opening them. You blinked, getting used to the bright light, and then you yawned once more. You brushed your teeth, took a quick shower, applied light makeup, and changed into a light pink blouse, and white shorts. Slipping your purple Jansport backpack on, you put on contacts, and stuck your glasses on your desk, and walked to the living room, spotting your father reading a newspaper. 

"Good morning appa," you said, kissing his cheek. He turned to meet your gaze and replied, "Good morning Hara. No breakfast today?" You shook your head. 

"Appa, I just brushed my teeth," you spoke, pouting a bit. "I don't want to make my mouth gross." 

"Ah, okay, okay," he replied, and then checked his watch. "Well, you should get going now." You nodded, and turned. Slipping your Toms on, you walked out the door, and to the bus stop. It wasn't long before the bus came. You calmly walked in and sat down at an empty seat. You didn't do much on the bus, and just listened to your music. Leaning your head on the window, you watched silently, as you observed the scenery, your music just loud enough for you. 

Soon, you arrived at your school, and you removed your earplugs from your ears, and stuffed them in your backpack. Standing up, you walked off, and easily stepped out. "Hara! Over here!" You looked to see where the voice came from, and it was from your group of friends. You waved and forced a smile, and when you were walking over them, you accidentally bumped into someone, falling to your . 

"Aish, sorry," you said, looking up to see who you hit. It was a slender man with a bunch of tattoos, and he looked Korean as well. 

"It's okay. Are you alright?" he asked, helping you up. You nodded warily, and checked your pants to see if they were dirtied. Luckily, it was still just as white. You blinked and looked at the man once, before giving a small bow, quickly walking away. 

Oh my goodness, that probably just made me seem like a loser! Way to go, Hara. Way. To. Go. Pabo, you silently thought to yourself. You spotted your friends, and they looked at you nervously. "Hey guys," you said, smiling warily. 

"Hey, Hara," they replied, their lips quivering. You tilted your head, wondering what was wrong, but you didn't question them openly. The rest of the morning was just as awkward. When you went to lunch, you ordered a salad, and attempted to sit at the usual table with all of your popular friends. When you were about to go to a table, a tall, blonde man blocked your attempt to sit down. 

"What are you doing?" you said, trying to laugh to ease the tension. He shot you a glare. 

"You're not allowed here anymore, Hara." he said coldly. You looked at him confused. "You fell today and you looked so lame it's not even cool. Now, get out." You looked at him hurt, but he still glared at you. 
"Fine," you said. "I'm leaving." You turned and walked off, trying to keep your threatening tears from falling. You were gonna stand your ground no matter what, and crying wasn't one of your policies. Sitting at a random table, you looked down, quivering, and blinking really fast to keep  your tears from falling. 

"Are you okay?" you heard a voice, and saw a hand pushing a napkin towards you. Looking up, you saw that same guy you bumped into that morning. Relectantly taking the napkin, you indignantly said, "I'm fine. I'm not even crying." He looked at you amused, and pat your shoulder. 

"Of course, of course. You're not crying, I believe you." he said softly and warmly, rubbing his hand up and down your arm. Okay, when you were about to cry, you were more emotional. And this was touching to you. 

Stop the tears, stop the tears, stop the tears- Too late. Warm tears streamed down your face, and you whimpered. The guy looked at you worried, and he panicked, searching for another napkin. You sniffled and once he found something usable, he patted your eyes gently. 

"Don't cry, don't cry, I don't know what to do when girls cry," he said nervously and panicked, but comforting. You giggled a bit and he looked at you, confused. "What? What's wrong?" he asked. You shook your head and accepted his tissue. 

"Nothing... It's just that you're really nice," you grinned weakly, patting your eyes, but making sure your makeup wasn't streaming down your face. The man watched you, interested, and you looked at him awkwardly. "What...?" you asked. He gave you a dorky smile. 

"Nah, it's nothing. You're an interesting girl." he said. Then, he stuck his hand out. "I'm Jay Park. You?" You took his hand, and he shook it firmly, but gently. 

"Hara Kim," you replied, surprised at his strength. Jay raised an eyebrow. 
"I thought you were the popular girl," he commented, pulling his hand back. "What are you doing here?" 

"Oh," you said, looking down awkwardly. "I got kicked out, I guess..." You placed your hand on the back of your neck. Jay paused for a second, not saying anything. 

"And now," you continued. "I'm here..." 

"Oh..." Jay trailed off, but continued again. "Well, if you ever need a shoulder to lean on, you can always be on mine's! I'll let you stay there forever!" You blushed softly. 

"Thank you," you said, giggling because you were a bit shy around him. 

"You speak Korean right?" he asked, sticking a fork into your salad and pushing it into his mouth. 

"Fluently," you replied, pouting, and also sticking a fork in it as well. 

"We should speak to each other in Korean!" he grinned. 

"Okay," you said, smiling weakly. 

"Hara-ah, give me your food, I'm hungry!" he begged teasingly. You laughed and pushed it towards him. 

"You can't have it all, but we can share." you replied playfully. 

"Awww, fine," Jay said, pouting a bit. You two soon finished the salad, and the lunch bell rang. 

"Aish, you have math right now right?" Jay asked. You nodded. 
"How'd you know?" you asked. He simply laughed. 

"I'm in the same class." he replied, to which you turned red, grabbing your backpack to avert your attention somewhere else. "It's okay," he added. "I don't really talk and I sit in the back anyways." You turned to face him shyly, and he held out his hand to pull you up. You accepted it, and he pulled you up with ease. 

Later, it was the end of the school day and you were about to step into your bus, but you felt someone pull at your backpack. Turning around, it was Jay. He was grinning at you. "Can I go to your house?" he asked. You stared at him quizzically. "I'll take that as a yes," he said, and before you could protest, he pushed you in, as well as himself. Once you and him have seated, you looked at him and pouted. 

"I never said yes." you said. 

"You never said no," he responded. 

"Touche." you said, rolling your eyes. Once the bus reached your stop, you motioned for Jay to get off and he understood, standing up and getting in the line to get out. You followed him out. "Now, where do you live?" he asked, curiously scanning the area. "Nice neighborhood by the way." You sighed and said, "This way." 
He followed you to your house, and you walked in the door. "I'm back, umma, appa!" you called. 

"Welcome ba-" you mother started to say, but then gasped when she saw Jay. "Who's that?" 

You sighed. "That's my friend, he wanted to come over today." 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hara's umma. My name is Jay," he said, slipping his shoes off, and going towards your umma, holding out his hand, and giving her a warm smile. 

"Annyeong, Jay," she said, taking his hand. 

"Who's there?" your appa poked his head out and tensed when he saw Jay. 

"Ah, this is Jay. He's Hara's friend from school." your umma explained. 
"Boy...friend?" your appa asked, a glint appearing in his eye. 

"Ani, ani appa, he's just a friend!" you corrected quickly, just in case your appa was about to show off his tae kwon do. 

"Best friend," Jay said proudly. "It's nice to meet you, Hara's appa." He walked towards him and held out his hand. Your appa inspected it, but took it anyways. 
"Ah, nice handshake. Men must have a firm, hearty shake with each other." Your appa nodded his head. You slipped your shoes off and sighed. What a crazy family you had. 

"I'm heading to my room," you said. 

"I'm coming!" Jay looked interested. 

"Keep the door open! I don't want any messing around!" your appa warned. You nodded and Jay smiled, following to your room. He sat on your bed and scanned the entire interior of your room. 

"Looks nice," he grinned at you. You rolled your eyes. 
"It's just average," you retorted. 

"Hm," Jay said, not opening his mouth. 

You slipped your backpack in the corner and joined him on the bed. "Well what do you want to do now?" you asked, looking up the ceiling. 

"This," Jay said, and you turned your head. Widening your eyes, you saw him curl his fingers and have a playful look on his face.

"Jay Park, I swear I will kill you if you-" Too late. You were mercilessly tickled by him and you felt yourself twisting and turning as he waggled his fingers on your stomach. You were laughing like a maniac. Suddenly, your flailing arm pushed Jay's arm and because he didn't have anything to hold on and a slightly bit slow reaction time at the moment, he fell on top of you. No words were exchanged, but you stared into his dark eyes and he stared back into yours. You blinked, and Jay did too, and he suddenly realized what had happened. Pulling away, he twisted his head to avoid your gaze, and he said, "I should go..." 

Before you could say anything, you saw him stand up and quickly make his way across your room and out the door. "W-wait up, Jay-" you stopped as you felt your shirt caught in a snag. Frantically pulling at it, you sighed and sat down miserably as you heard the door shut outside. You tugged at your shirt lifelessly, and sighed, as if you were tired. Standing up again after the corner of your shirt was properly unattached, you trudged to the bathroom and washed your makeup off. Being the stupid person you were when you were sad, you accidentally left the water running while you were removing both of your contacts, and when you moved to put them away, they fell into the drain, you scrambling to grab it in time, but failing. You cursed under your breath and you tried to find an extra pair of contacts through your blurry sight. 

"Umma! Do we have an extra pair of contacts?" you asked loudly, waiting for a response. 

"Ani! You used them all up! I'm picking up more the day after tomorrow!" she replied, and you sank to the floor. Today was just not your day, was it? Losing your contacts, having your old group of friends leave you, and then having your only friend leaving you as well. That night, you just sank into bed, rubbing your aching temples. It turns out that no matter where you turned or twisted, you couldn't fall asleep. It was 3:30 AM and you just finally gave up. Raising yourself to sit up properly, you blinked, your head aching because of the sudden movement. Aish, was your luck turning bad? You shook your head, hopefully clearing up your tiredness. You succeeded, but when you turned to get out of bed, you stubbed your toe. 

"Aigo, I wish Jay was here..." you said, shutting your eyes to take in the pain, but then blinked them open. Why did you want Jay to be here? To witness your stupidity? No...? You wondered why there was a warm, fuzzy feeling in your chest as you thought about him. And finally. It all clicked, all the pieces were put together, and you understood. You liked Jay. 

Jay Park. The kid with tattoos and often joked around. The one that doesn't seem to have a serious moment ever. The one that became your friend when the others weren't. Yeah, you liked him. Sighing, you pouted miserably, and laid down back in bed. Like he'd ever like you. He even escaped your house. You just closed your eyes sadly, and relaxed in the silent peace of the night. 

 

Jay's POV

He sighed as he rolled over on his bed. Why did he keep on thinking about Hara? She was just a really fun friend... that he really liked. After the rendevous moment when he was tickling her, he ran home, flustered, trying to throughly think about his feelings. It's been a couple hours afterwards, but he still couldn't stop thinking about her. Her fragrant hair, her sparkling eyes, her soft skin... he just couldn't stop. Was it crazy? Should he even be liking her? Was he the one that should be able to hold her small hands and kiss her pink lips and gaze into her always curious eyes? Even after he ran away? Did she even like him anymore? 

Millions of questions just flowed throughout his brain and he found himself still up at 3:30 AM. Sighing, he looked up at his ceiling and wondered if he could go to sleep. What if he dreamed of Hara though? He silently cursed to himself. He just wanted to hear her sweet, girlish voice. Her cute Korean, which seemed so fluent and smart and made her seem a thousand times prettier to him. He was so interested in her that 'like' was too loose of a word to use. 

He really liked her. 

He really loved her. 

He really wanted to see her. 

He really wanted to be with her. 

Sighing, he had decided that he would confess his feelings in the morning. 

He couldn't just keep waiting here. 

He shut his eyes closed and turned, adjusting to a better position so he could sleep. 

 

Hara's POV

You woke up that day just like yesterday, except that you felt like trash after a few hours of sleep. You slipped on your glasses and didn't take them off when you reached to the bathroom, figuring that you needed it, since you had no usable contacts. Looking at yourself in the mirror, you noticed that you had developed dark circles. Groaning, you applied on primer and added some more light make up after you washed your face, brushed your teeth, and took a shower. You trudged to your room and looked through your closet, wondering what to wear. Absentmindedly, you just put on a smoky gray sweater and tight black jeans with tears and rips in them. Slipping on your backpack, you walked outside to the living room and yawned.

"Good morning appa, umma," you said tiredly.

"Good morning Hara. How was your night?" your mother smiled to you.

"Good," you lied, faking a smile. "Well, I'm off." You slipped on your white Converse hightops, walked out the front door, and made your way to the bus stop, but slower than usual. You looked down at the pavement, observing the cracks and separations in between. Once you arrived, the bus had pulled up and you stepped in. Instead of listening to your music like you usually did, you leaned your head on the window and closed your eyes, ignoring the rest of the world.

You arrived in the morning, and someone from your popular crew had called you over to an empty corner. You followed them questioningly, but shrugged it off. What they said had you in awe.

"We want you back into the crew," the person said.

"What?" you said, your lips slightly parted, and your eyes narrowed a little bit.

"Well, we want you back into the popular crew..." the person looked down shyly. "We're sorry for yesterday. We were overreacting." You paused a bit before answering.

"Sure..." you trailed off. "If I was someone else."

"W-what do you mean?" the person asked.
"I loved being in the crew before, but being out of it... I've realized that I have to be myself too." you said, not breaking contact with their gaze.

"O-oh... Well, if you ever want to be accepted back, we'll always take you in..." the person said, and awkwardly walked off. You turned, and spotted Jay.

"Ah, Jay! Wait up!" you called loudly. He didn't slow his speed, but instead walked faster. You chased after him, wondering if he didn't hear. "Jay?" You finally caught up to him, and grabbed his arm gently to steady  yourself, but he pushed you away. Confused, you narrowed your eyes at him.

"What was that for?" you asked.

"Don't talk to me!" he said firmly, glaring at you. You felt your heart breaking.

"W-why?" you twitched, but you didn't back down. You weren't going to lose him after you had rejected your former crew.

"I heard you talking to the kid from the popular crew. So glad you're popular now, huh?" he hissed. You stared at him, furrowing your brow in confusion, but then you realized what he was talking about. Putting your face in your hand, he added, "What? You're doing that because I'm right?" You rolled your eyes.

"Wrong," you countered, frowning.

"Wh-what?" he said, taken aback. "But I heard you accept the offer."

"You didn't even hear all of it," you said, pushing your index finger into his chest.  He looked at you confused. "I said that I would accept if I was someone else, but I'm not." 

"Why didn't you accept? Weren't you complaining about not being popular yesterday?" Jay pointed out harshly. That kind of broke your heart, but you still continued. 

"Because I met you." you said, turning your head away so that you avoided his gaze. He stared at you with wide eyes. 

"What are you trying to say?" he asked. 

"I'm trying to say that I like you! I like you a lot, you pabo!" you snapped. "There, I said it." He looked at you with surprise. 

"Really? I like you too," he said, stepping forward so that he could be closer to you. Picking up a lock of your hair, he touched it delicately, as if it was a treasure, and he focused his gaze on that lock. "Actually, I really like you so much I could love you." 

You blushed heavily, and looked down. Jay smirked and kissed the top of your head. 

"By the way, I think you look cute with those dorky glasses," he whispered into your right ear, making you blush. Then, he gave you a kiss on your lips, commencing your's and his dorky relationship. 

 

 

------------------------------------------

Aiya *-* This was a long oneshot... =.=" But I'm really proud of it ^^ So I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did~