Lost Hiking With Xiumin? (ft. Xiumin)

Oldshots

Songdae's POV

 

"Hey, dongsaeng, you wanna go hiking with me and the Exo group?" your older brother, Chen, asked, while you snuggled against him. 

You glanced up at him. 

"Hiking where?" you mumbled. 

"In the mountains, where else, dumbo," he teased. 

You rolled your eyes. 

"Of course I knew that! I meant, which mountain?" you whined loudly. 

When you were around your brother, you could do anything in front of him. 

You two were close, and you often confided in him. 

"The one that we visited when we were young, Song-ah," Chen teased, pinching your cheeks while smiling. 

"Yah! Oppa! Stop that!" you said, your voice muffled because you couldn't properly talk, with your brother pinching your miserable cheeks. 

He laughed. 

"Okay, okay. But are you coming?" he asked again. 

You thought about it for a second, then nodded. 

"Sure." you smiled. "I bet it's gonna be fun." 

Chen oppa nodded. 

"Tons." he agreed. 

"Is everyone going?" you asked, snuggling closer to your brother. 

Chen oppa thought for a second, then nodded. 

"Yup. Everyone from Exo-M and Exo-K." he answered. 

Your heart skipped a beat and you swore that you got warmer. 

You have always liked Xiumin - or rather, Kim Minseok. 

Ever since you met that perky, hyper person. 

You weren't quite sure if your brother knew that you liked him, but he was aware that you liked someone from his band. 

Although Chen was about 5'8", you were only a mere 5'4".

You were the shortest in your family, and everyone would always tease you about it. 

It was even worse for you because Xiumin was 5'11". 

He was 7 inches taller than you, and everytime you talked to him, you had to crane your neck up to meet his eyes.

"Aigo," Chen said, snapping you out of your thoughts, as he checked his watch. "I've really got to call the members. Why don't you pack your backpack?"

You nodded obidiently, and scurried off cutely. 

Walking into your room, you scrummaged through your closet and pulled out a fairly new backpack.

Then, you started stuffing whatever you could find: deodorant, a brush, your phone, and lots more.

After an hour, you wiped your forehead to get rid of the sweat, and Chen oppa knocked on the door. 

"Come in," you called. 

He opened the door immediately and jumped onto your bed. 

"Aigo, are you done already, Song-ah?" he asked, looking at your bag curiously. 

You nodded, chuckling. 

"Good. The trip's in two days," Chen oppa smiled. 

"Arasseo." you replied. 

"You should get to sleep now," Chen oppa murmured, staring at your digital clock. 

You turned your head, and saw that it was quite late. 

"Ne," you smiled, and hugged your brother before he left your room.

You threw your backpack in a corner, and went to the bathroom to brush your teeth. 

When you were walking to your room, you overheard your brother as he was talking on the phone. 

"What? You like my sister? What are you saying?!" he said, rather loudly. 

You blushed, and wondered who could be on the other side of the phone. 

"That can't be right... What do you like about her?" Chen oppa demanded, his voice revealing a small bit of anger. 

You cringed. 

He wasn't usually this loud - or angry - but when he was, you'd best steer clear from him. 

Well, at least it was for you. 

He never got mad at you. 

But his wrath can be scary. 

You decided to skimp away before he opened the door and saw you. 

You kind of regretted your decision to walk away, but you wouldn't want to see your brother in a rage, so you were somewhat glad. 

Slipping into bed, you blinked before closing your eyes and going to sleep.

 

 

The next morning, you woke up tiredly, and slightly woozy.

You had slept in the wrong posture, and now you were sore in your back.  

Even you couldn't help but be a little snappy. 

"What's gotten into you?" Chen oppa asked, slightly amused. 

"Nh," you mumbled. "Didn't sleep right." 

"Are you sure you want to go today?" he asked. 

"I'm fine, and I can go," you snapped, but unintentionally. "Sorry," you muttered. 

"It's okay," Chen oppa said, still cheerful. 

He never showed any sadness in front of you. 

"Are you sure...?" you asked, still not believing it. 

Chen oppa nodded. 

"Don't worry about me. You've got yourself to worry about. The guy you like isn't going to like your hair and your outfit, if you walk like like that." He eyed your pink pajamas, bunny slippers, and messy bed hair. 

"Sh-shut up!" you stuttered, and playfully hit him. 

He just laughed as you scurried away in shame. 

"Psh, pabo brother," you muttered as you locked yourself in the bathroom and sighed, before starting to get ready. 

 

When you had come out, and presented yourself to your brother for his approval, he looked up from his phone and stifled a laugh.

"What's wrong?" You frowned. 

"You look too good to go hiking." he commented, amused. 

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, firstly, you're wearing light clothing. Like, who cares who sees you?" 

You pouted. 

"Fine, I'm changing into jeans." You muttered. 

"Wear a sweater too. It's cold outside." Chen oppa advised. 

You went back to your room and changed quickly, and when you came out, Chen oppa approved of your outfit. 

"Good enough." 

Then, you ate breakfast, and it was time to go. 

You sat in the back of the car, Xiumin right next to you. 

You blushed madly and wondered if he could notice you getting redder and redder. 

"Are you excited?" Xiumin turned to you, smiling. 

You opened your mouth to answer, but instead, Chen oppa answered for you. 

"Dongsaeng and I are super excited!" 

You pouted. 

Xiumin laughed. 

"You sure do have some good Chinese." he commented. 

Again, Chen oppa answered for you. 

"Thanks Xiumin! I know, it's fabulous. You wish you were me, don't you?" he joked. 

"Yeah, and have a cutie pie for a little sister," Xiumin agreed, making you blush even harder. 

Chen oppa was silent for a bit, but then he had a comeback for this. 

"Yeah, totally, you should see her when she wakes up!" he said mockingly. "She's totally out of it." 

"Oppa!" you objected, friviously. "I'm sure Xiumin gege doesn't want to hear about that!" 

Chen oppa snickered.

"Ah, sorry, sorry, meimei." Chen oppa apologized, laughing. 

"You better be," you said under your breath, too low for anyone to hear. 

Finally, everyone all got there. 

"Wah! This looks so pretty!" you said, marvelling at the scenery. 

"Of course it is. Why would they send Exo to some trashyard?" Sehun oppa said, looking at you amused. 

"Pabo, the mountains aren't usually this pretty," you fired back. 

"Why is Songdae dongsaeng so annoyed today?" D.O. asked nervously.

Chen oppa shrugged. 

"That's what I've been asking myself all day," he replied, nonplussed. 

Then, Chen oppa looked at you. 

"Why are you so mad today? It's not like you." 

You frowned. 

"I just didn't get enough sleep."

Chen oppa raised his eyebrows. 

"You could've stayed home, you know." He shot you a worried look. 

"I'm fine," you replied, feeling a bit guilty. 

"Are you sure?" 

You nodded firmly. 

Chen oppa sighed. 

"Fine, if you insist." He said, and you smiled at him. 

"Aw, there's that sibling love~" Suho grinned. 

"Shut up pabo," Chen oppa joked. "You ruined the mood." 

"Sorryyyy," Suho said, squatting down and pretending to cry. 

"Aigo, it's okay," you said, patting his head, as if he was a dog. 

Suho perked up immediately, and so did you. 

It was always fun hanging around these guys.

"Okay, anywho, we should start hiking," Kris laughed.

"Oh, Kris just had to ruin the fun." Kai pouted. 

"Wait, are we speaking Korean now?" Xiumin asked. 

"I guess so," Tao said, struggling a little bit to find the right words. 

You smirked, trying to hold in your laugh. 

Then, the whole group started walking around, and you stood next to Xiumin, gazing at the scenery. 

After a while, the group took a break, and you had to go to the bathroom, so you excused yourself. 

When you came back, however, the only thing you saw was a confused Xiumin. 

"Xiumin oppa?" you said, walking towards him. "What are you doing here? Where's everyone else?" 

"That what I'm asking myself," he replied, furrowing his brow. 

"We're lost?" you mumbled, fear going into your chest. 

"Looks like it," Xiumin replied, then looked at you. 

"Do phones work?" you asked. 

"No, I have no signal here," Xiumin shook his head. 

You groaned. 

"They could be anywhere," he added. 

"Do you want to keep walking or do you want to stay here...?" you asked. 

"It's best if we stayed here. They might be chasing butterflies." Xiumin said, and you weren't quite sure if he meant that literally, or if he was joking. 

You were sensing that it was the latter option. 

"Well, you should sit down. A bench is right there," you smiled, pointing to a wooden table and bench. 

Xiumin nodded, and sat down. 

You joined him. 

For a moment, it was awkward between you two. 

You had nothing to say, and he didn't either. 

"So," you said, trying to attempt at a conversation with him. 

"So," he replied back. 

This very moment was making your heart pound crazily. 

The sight of seeing your crush just there, next to you, was nervewrecking. 

You weren't sure what to do, and you just sat there awkwardly. 

"You know, if you're tired, you can sleep on my arm," Xiumin offered quietly.

You blinked, wondering if he really said that. 

Then, he looked at you, and you realized that he really did say it.

"Oh," you said awkwardly. "Th-thank you."

Then, you put your head on his shoulder. 

It seemed as if hours had passed by. 

It was sunset, and you had just woken up. 

To your surprise, Xiumin was wide awake, and he was staring at the same scenery that he had stared at since they sat down. 

You quickly moved your head away, and blushed wildly. 

"I-I'm sorry," you said.

He turned to meet your gaze, amused. 

"It looks like they left us," Xiumin muttered. "I'm so hungry."

You rummaged through your backpack and pulled out a granola bar. 

He gratefully accepted it. 

"Thanks Songdae dongsaeng," he smiled, and scarfed it down, but rather gracefully. 

Once he finished it, he sighed. 

"Looks like we're still stuck here." He murmured, worried. 

You nodded. 

"And it's getting dark," you replied. 

"Ne. Well, if we die here, I want to say something." 

"What is it?" you asked. 

"...I really like you, Songdae dongsaeng."

You didn't reply. 

You were too much in shock. 

"What?" you managed to stutter out. 

"I... like you. A lot," Xiumin said, blushing madly. 

"I like you too," you answered, not meeting his gaze. 

Before Xiumin could reply, you hear cheering. 

"What the?" 

Then, the Exo group came out, and hugged you guys, and slapped Xiumin on the back, while giving you a pat on the arm. 

"What's going on?" you demanded.

"It worked, it worked!" Sehun laughed. 

"What worked?" Xiumin asked. 

"Our plan, our plan worked!" Kai smiled.

"What?" you asked. 

"You two are together now! Finally!" Kris grinned. 

"What? You guys made this plan up!?" Xiumin said, wide eyed. 

Suho nodded. 

"All of this was because of us!" 

"What? Why!?" you said, annoyed and in disbelief. 

"Well, we all knew that you guys liked each other, but you guys weren't going to do anything about it," Baekhyun shrugged. "So we did this." 

You weren't sure if you should yell at them, or be happy. 

"At first, Chen was objecting," Chanyeol shot your oppa a glare. 

"She's my little sister! Of course I'm going to object!" Chen oppa scowled. 

"We all had to hold him down when you put your head on his shoulder. I'm not even joking." Luhan groaned. 

"Aish." Xiumin looked scared a little bit. 

"Well, whatever, I'm expecting you to treat my sister good, Xiumin, or else!" Chen oppa threatened. 

"I will. I'm strong, aren't I?" Xiumin smiled. 

"You better be," Chen oppa scowled. "I don't want to see her cry."

"I won't make her cry. I promise." Xiumin said, a serious twinkle in his eye. 

"Okay, anyways, it's time to go. I had fun today. Let's do this again!" Sehun said cheerily. 

"Fine," D.O. sighed, and the group made their way back to the car. 

You and Xiumin stayed in the back. 

"I love you." You told him, not meeting his gaze. 

He turned his head to look at you. 

"I love you too, jagi," he smiled, and kissed your cheek. 

Then, he slipped his fingers in between yours. 

"I'm glad we got lost today," Xiumin laughed. "Or we couldn't have held hands like this." 

"Yeah," you agreed, laughing as well. 

"But I guess I have to take care of you now, or else Chen will kill me," Xiumin said with a twinkle in his eye. 

You nodded. 

"But I promise to never lose you. The group can lose us, but I will never lose you. Thank you for being my jagi, Songdae-ah," Xiumin kissed your forehead. 

"I love you too Xiumin." you replied. 

Then, you got in the car with him, sat in the back, and put your head on his shoulder. 

Even in your dreams, you never lost him, and he never lost you.