Living With A Fish (ft. Donghae)

Oldshots

You yawned in the airplane, and blinked, waking up from your long nap. You sat next to the window, and right next to your older brother, Junghoon.

"You're finally awake," Your brother rolled his eyes as he looked up from his magazine.  

"Hey, I couldn't sleep last night because of your awful noise, when you were running around the whole house, trying to get ready!" you pouted. Ah, you always had enough spunk for your brother. 

He simply chuckled in response, and said, "Okay, okay, I'm sorry." 

"Junghoon oppaaaaa," Yesung fussed with his phone. He sat in the seat in front of you. "When are we getting to the next stop?" 

Junghoon looked back to his magazine and replied, "Soon. We're almost there."

"It feels like we've been on a plane for an eternity," Kyuhyun muttered under his breath, loud enough for us to catch. 

"And the ride's just getting started," your brother winked. "Think about all the rides you're gonna have to go on when we travel city after city."

They groaned, and you giggled a bit. 

It was always fun to be with your Super Junior oppas. 

"Junghoon oppaaa," You twitched at that voice. You knew it so familiarly that it often gave you chills on your spine. "When are we getting there?"

Junghoon oppa sighed, and checked his watch.

"In about half an hour, Donghae."

Yeah, that voice belonged to Donghae.

Sensitive, but kind and funny Donghae. 

You had a crush on him ever since you met him. 

You always ruined your chances with him because whenever you talked with him, you were always so awkward. 

It was only with him, just him, not with anyone else. 

It was so obvious, you bet everyone already knew about it. 

Maybe even Donghae knew you liked him. 

You shook these thoughts out of your head as you joined your oppa in reading the magazine. Your head lay on his shoulder, and he didn't mind. Both of you guys loved skinship. 

"Oppa~" you said with aegyo. You always spoke in aegyo to your brother. It was hard not to. "What's this about?" 

You moved your eyes to look at his face closely. 

He turned his head to look at you and replied, "It's just about oppa's favorite sports."

"Hm," you said, and moved your head so that it rested on his shoulder, focusing your attention on your phone now. You never had much of an interest in sports. 

For the rest of the ride, you played around with your phone and watched a drama.

 

 

When everyone got to the hotel, they all drew slips from a hat. It was to decide who they had as a roommate. 

When you got to the hat, you held your breath, plucking out a small piece of paper. 

Slowly opening it, you felt as if the whole world stopped as you read the name. 

Lee Donghae. 

Donghae was your roommate. 

Silently groaning to yourself, you went up to him, and said, "Annyeonghaseyo~ I'm your roommate,"

It took all of your soul to put enough casual and cute in your voice. 

"Really?" he beamed and you swore you almost died. "Yay!" 

"Hey," Junghoon came over to you, and gave you a small noogie. "Don't cause too much trouble for Donghae, okay? I'll be in the room across from yours, so don't hesitate to call me."

He tapped your cheek teasingly and gave you a small kiss on your forehead before leaving with Siwon. 

"Come on Donghae, let's go to our room," You grabbed your suitcase and blinked innocently at him. 

"Ah, okay okay," he replied, taking his suitcase as well. 

You both walked up to the room, and he opened the door for you. 

"Thank you," you smiled and let yourself in first. 

Once he shut the door, he flung himself onto you and squeezed you in his tight hug. 

"Waah? Donghae oppa!? What are you doing?" you squirmed in his grip, trying to get yourself out. 

"I'm just greeting my cute dongsaeng! This is the first time we've ever roomed together!" he grinned and laughed. 

You silently cursed to yourself at his cuteness and blushed. 

"Ne," you replied. "Please take care of me." 

Why couldn't I have just roomed with oppa, you groaned in your head. 

"Hey hey, dongsaeng, it's still early! Where do you wanna go?" he twirled you around, catching you when you were about to fall.
"Eh? Shouldn't we get unpacked first?" you raised your eyebrow.

"We can do that later! Besides, it'll just be awkward if we do it right now, so let's play!" 

"W-wait, Donghae oppa--" you started to say, but then he dragged you out of the room and didn't give you a chance to escape. 

Groaning silently, you said, "Hey! What was that for?" You pouted and he just grinned. 

"Well, we don't really know each other that well, so let's hang out!" 

You just sighed as he dragged you around the hallways. 

 

 

Eventually, he stopped dragging you and you followed him out of your own will. 

This was mainly because you had no idea where your room was anymore, and Donghae oppa was actually a really fun person. 

"And-- Ah! Hyukkie!" he raced over to Eunhyuk oppa and hugged him, with you chasing after him. 

"Oh, it's only you, hae." Eunhyuk hugged him back. 
He noticed you and said, "Ah, dongsaeng!"

It wasn't much of a surprise to you, but he hugged you and you hugged him back. 

You were used to everyone but Donghae's skinship. 

Everytime Donghae hugged you or even looked at you, you felt like your heart was skipping so many beats, you would be dead. 

"Hyukkie oppa," you smiled. 

"Did I interrupt what you guys were doing?" he asked. Eunhyuk oppa also knew that you had a crush on Donghae and he supported you. 

"Naw," you grinned. 

"Dongsaeng and I were just having fun! Right?" he turned to you and you nodded. 

Eunhyuk gave you a michievious smile and winked. You turned red and when Donghae wasn't looking, you playfully punched his arm.

"Haha, anyways, tonight, we're eating in the restaurant in the lobby." Hyukkie said, walking away. 

"Gotcha," Donghae replied, and then turned to you. "Let's hurry back, so that we can get ready!"
You groaned as you chased him back to your hotel room. 

 

 

That night you wore casual clothes, just a jacket, a T-shirt, skinny jeans, and white sneakers. 

You sat on your oppa's bed waiting for him, in his room, while Donghae went down to the restaurant. 

"Hurry up," you whined. "You act like a woman!" You have always loved teasing your older brother. 

Siwon playfully gave you a noogie and sat next to you. 

"Siwon oppaaaaa," you whined to him, laughing. 

"No!" he grinned, refusing your aegyo. 

"But oppaaaaaaaaaa," you whined again, and your older brother came out and tossed his towel at you. It landed on your head and you fumbled, trying to get out. 

"I'm so getting you for this," you laughed with them, trying your best to get out. 

"Yeah, yeah." Junghoon removed the towel from your head and tossed it in the dirty laundry basket. 

"Are you done?" you pouted and he nodded, taking your arm and pulling you up. 

"Come on Siwon, let's go," Junghoon oppa looked at him while you smoothed out your hair. 

 

 

When you guys arrived to the table, you sat next to your brother and Ryeowook. 

While waiting for your orders, Donghae suddenly joked, "Junghoon oppa! Your little sister is really cute! Totally the opposite from you! Why is that?"

Before you could say anything, he replied, "Oh, well, my appa and umma got her from the black market."

You punched him playfully.

"No, you're from the black market!" you argued.

"How would you know that? I'm older than you." he teased. 

You didn't respond, but instead pouted. 

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," he hugged you and your hair.

"You better be," you replied. "Or I'm selling you to the black market."

Everyone laughed at you guys. 

You sighed, and excused yourself to the bathroom. 

"Come back soon~" Junghoon oppa called and you simply waved your hand at him. 

When you went inside the bathroom, you checked your makeup and outfit. 

After a little bit more of tidying, you went back outside, and everyone was an incoherent mess. 

"Wah~ Dongsaeng~" Ryeowook clung onto you when you sat. His breath reeked of alcohol. 

Kyuhyun quietly sipped his drink and said, "I don't know what's wrong with all of you. There's barely any alcohol in this."

Well, he had a good tolerance for alcohol. 

Everyone who had low tolerance for alcohol went crazy. 

Junghoon oppa rubbed his temples. 

"Okay, I'll just take this for to-go," he told the waiter. 
Turning to you, he groaned, "I would have never imagined that alcohol can look so much like water." 

You looked at your drink, wondering if it was alcohol or not, but just pushed it away from you. 

"Hey, take Donghae back to the room, I'll bring the rest back." Junghoon oppa told you and being the obidient sister you were, you nodded. 

Throwing his arm around your shoulder, you heaved him up and used all of your strength to carry him. 

Boys were heavy, but what can you do when they're drunk?
Bring a giant crane in? 

At last, you brought him up to your room, and opened the door. Kicking it to close it, you tossed Donghae on the bed, and fell to the floor, regaining yourself. 

Ugh, that was straining and took a lot of will power, but you finally did it. 

"Ahh, dongsaeng," Donghae cooed. "What are you doing on the floor?" His aegyo was making you blush, but you stood up and said, "Nothing." 

Walking into the bathroom, you just washed your face, and suddenly you felt a pair of arms hug you. 

"Donghae..." you started to say. 

"Dongsaeng... What can I do with you? You're so cute, but you're manager-nim's little sister... I really really like you, but I don't know how you feel about me," Donghae whispered near your ear, causing chills to go down your spine.

"Can't you be less adorable and cute, manager-nim's little sister? It's causing me to go crazy everytime I look at you...,"

Donghae blinked and went back to the bed.

You blushed. 

Not daring to look in the mirror, you finished washing your face, and dried it. 

Walking out, Donghae was sleeping on the bed, but he had no covers on. 

You sighed, and went over to him. 

"Donghae oppa... you're gonna get sick if you don't put the blanket on." You shook him so that he could move, but then he took your arm and pulled you to him. 

You were stuck in his embrace, and you wiggled to get out, but his grip was iron strong. 

"Can't you keep me warm?" he purred. 

You blushed, but kept on squirming and then you heard a knock on your door. 

"Donghae oppa, my big brother's calling me," you twisted and turned, but to no avail. 

"Stay with me," his brow furrowed, but he didn't move. 

"Donghae," you finally escaped from his grip. Cursing under your breath, you went to get the door. 

"Here's your guys' meal. Put it in the fridge if you're not hungry." Junghoon handed you a bag, and you gratefully took it. 
"Thanks oppa. Good night," you hugged him, and closed the door. 

You weren't in the mood for food, and you were sure as hell not going over to Donghae to ask him if he wanted to eat, so you just put the food in the fridge and went to bed. 

 

 

The next morning, you had a headache, and everyone else had a hangover. 

Donghae carried his head in his hands and groaned, while you felt yourself getting more and more irritated, due to your headache. 

"Breakfast's in the fridge," you called out, while you were washing your face.

Donghae gave a groan in reply, and you heard him trudge to get the food. 

As you rubbed lotion on your face, you reviewed what happened last night. 
Other than Donghae being as fussy as a baby, he told you that he liked you.

How should you respond to this?
What were you doing to do today?

Should you just tell your feelings straight?

As you walked out, Donghae looked at you and smiled. 

"You're pretty today," he grinned. 

"Thank you," you replied, and took your box of food. 

"Hey dongsaeng..." Donghae started to say, and paused. 

"Hmm?" You turned to look at him, and felt yourself getting warmer. 

"No... It's nothing."
You guys quietly ate your food, and the rest of the day was just as quiet. 

You watched as Super Junior had their concert with Junghoon, but you felt like a wreck. 

You wondered when he was gonna tell you he liked you, but he never mentioned any of it. 

When you guys both got back to the room that night, you were about to explode. 

"Dongsaeng-nim," Donghae smiled to you. "Did you like the concert?" 

You nodded, and both of you said nothing after that. 

This was your exploding point. 

"Lee Donghae!" you caught him by surprise, and he jumped, landing on the floor, clutching his chest.

"You scared me, dongsaeng," he breathed heavily. "What is it?"
After a moment of him staring at you, you dropped to the floor, and you were eye level to him. 

"Donghaeeeee," you wailed, not taking it anymore. 

Donghae stared at you in surprise.

"Yes?" 

"You're a stupid ahjussi," you pouted. "Didn't you know that yesterday you called me cute and said you liked me?"

Donghae suddenly blushed a brilliant shade of red, and tried to cover his face. 

"Did I really...? Oh... how awkward... um, excuse me...," he tried to stand up, but you pulled him back down. 

"I'm not finished," you said stubbornly. 

Donghae waited for you, his face getting redder and redder. 

"I was going to say that I liked you too," you said after a pause. 

This was it. 

This was the moment you were waiting for, after liking him for so long. 

Donghae's eyes were wide, and then he pulled you for a tight hug. 

"Really?" he grinned, and you felt yourself losing your breath.

You nodded, and he pulled you back to look at your blushing face.

He smiled, and rested your head on his chest. You heard his heart beating faster than a metronome at 200.

"So you're my girlfriend now?" he asked, playing with your hair. 

"Pabo," you looked up at him. "Of course I am." 

Donghae laughed, and replied, "Now... the only obstacle is telling your brother." 

You nodded, and said, "Yeah." 

You closed your eyes and Donghae rested his head on yours, and the silence between you two was no longer awkward, but warm and loving.