The View

She's a Fool ... Now What?

Dara hoped that Jiyong wasn’t mad at her. Based on his tone, she can feel that he’s just holding it in. Somehow, she’s bothered everytime Jiyong’s not treating her good. BUT he told that he wasn’t angry at all so she rejoiced inside.

She took the glasses that he just washed, wiped it with white cloth and arranged it one by one on the rack. While doing it, she hummed a song. She just felt like singing and she felt at home at Chaerin’s place. Her head was like swaying with every line of the song. Jiyong on the other hand laughed secretly with that. She was humming with her high pitched voice in a head tone and he found it funny.

“You really enjoying your stay here, huh?” he said.

She stopped. “You just can’t sing – and you’re jealous.” she nonchalantly said.

Jiyong blushed. “What?! I’m jealous of who?”

“I never said WHO, oppa ... you’re jealous of my voice.”

Jiyong was like choked by that. “Are you trying to be funny?”

“No. I’m serious, oppa.”

“Serious you face.” He then moved his hips, pushing her away. “Go sit there.” he pointed at the chair. “I will be the one to finish this.”

“No. I will be the one to wash here.” she said.

He paused from what he was doing. His hands were full of suds so he rinsed it first then faced her. “Are you disobeying me now?”

**********

Seungri doesn’t want to be alone with Chaerin and her cousin. He excused himself to visit the comfort room for a while.

Chaerin didn’t let go of her cousin’s arms until they reached the living area. She felt something strange about her cousin though. He had been talking and telling her about a particular girl he met at a friend’s birthday party. And for the past few days, he had been bugging her to accompany him to his friend’s house. She wasn’t actually paying attention and was eventually not interested in her cousin’s friends. His phone was stolen and he lost contact with his buddies.

“Seung Hyun, oppa …” she called Top’s attention.

“Yah! what are you doing? You’re not letting go of my arms yet.”

“Tell me. Is SHE the one you’re talking about?”

“Who?”

The girl you’re talking about.”

“What’s with the sudden interest now?”

“You already know why.” she quipped. “As if I don’t know you. And I don’t want you to play with her coz she’s my friend.”

“As if I’m a threat to everyone here.” Top chuckled. “You’re so like Young Bae. I’m not doing anything yet.”

“You’re not doing anything yet. Nice one! Coz I don’t want you to start doing anything.”

“Oh come on. What’s wrong with you, people? She’s a girl and I’m a guy. It’s not like I’m messing with anyone here. I mean she doesn’t have a boyfriend and Jiyong is not her boyfriend either.”

“Exactly my point! Maybe you’ve already forgotten. Okay, let me remind you. You are Choi Seung Hyun, my cousin and you’re a PLAYBOY! Do I need to elaborate more? Dara is such a nice girl and she’s still naïve.”

Top gave her an unbelieving stare.

“What?” she fired.

“Are you threatening me?”

“No. I just want to make things clear on you my dear cousin.”

“Good! coz it won’t work on me.” he said.

“So you really have plans?” she grimaced.

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Oh please …”

“This is going to be interesting added to the fact that I seriously like her. I just want to have fun, babe.”

“Babe your face!”

He laughed then sat on the couch near him. “So who’s that Seung Hyun guy? I mean you seemed to like him.”

“Who told you that?” she tried to deny.

“I thought you know me? I can tell if a girl likes a guy and vice versa. And you like him, right? And you’re blushing there.” he continued.

“And you can tell too that Jiyong likes Dara, right? Don’t mess with them.”

“He’s not courting her.”

“Does it matter? You’re his friend, how could you do that to him. I hate you!”

“Same here.”

**********

The day was still young and they just had their lunch so they’re still not in the mood to have their group study. Seungri was back who was trying to avoid Chaerin. The latter was giving her cousin a watchful look. Dara and Jiyong were done with the dishes too.

“Did you have fun washing?” Chaerin asked in a teasing tone.

“Someone here enjoyed.” Jiyong declared. “Not just in washing but her whole stay in here.”

“Oh, that’s great.”

“I’m enjoying my stay here too!” Top in.

“No one’s asking you?” Chaerin faced the tall guy.

“I’m just telling in case you want to know.” Top shrugged.

Everyone laughed at that. The blatant conversation between Chae and Top made the three at ease. Seungri who was awkward at first was able to join the conversation then. For about an hour, they stayed there and watched tv together. The show was entertaining too and it helped.

For the next minutes, Top excused himself. He went outside and when he came back, he chose to sit beside Dara. Everyone ignored it though but his cousin didn’t. She glared at him. Chaerin knew for sure that he’s already starting his move and show his affection towards her friend. Top was not minding Chaerin’s deadly glare, instead he leaned on the couch, crossed his legs and extended his arms on the board.

“Aren’t you guys hungry?” Top asked trying to get their attention.

“Are you?” Chaerin asked him back. He smiled knowing what she meant but he didn’t dare answered her back.

Top sat straight and leaned his head forward. “Hey Dar, do you want some ice cream?”

Dara turned her head to face him and their faces almost touched. That quick scene didn’t escape from Jiyong’s eyes. The sight was new to him and he felt something different inside. He felt like pushing Top away from Dara. He quickly feigned a cough to distract the two. Then he saw a playful smile curved on Top’s lips and that made him want to punch him.

Their faces were just inches away awhile ago but Dara seemed to care nothing about it. She didn’t feel anything strange about it though.

“Oh! I like ice cream, oppa.” she said, smiling to Top.

Jiyong heard it loud and clear. She called him ‘oppa’. He blinked, recessing his mind. Yes, he heard it clear.

“Should we have ice cream then?” Top smiled at her not minding the others.

“Okay.” Dara agreed with a grin like she hasn’t eaten an ice cream for a decade.

“Want some too guys?” Top managed to ask the others after having a sweet answer from Dara.

Chaerin threw him another glare. “What flavor do you want, Chae?” he asked his cousin ignoring the bad vibes towards him.

“I don’t feel like eating ice cream today.” Chaerin declined.

“Alright.” he said. He stood up then held Dara’s arms. “Come on, babe. Let’s go get ice cream over there.”

‘He called her ‘babe’? Jiyong thought to himself. ‘They’re addressing each other with different nicknames now. Did I miss something?’

Jiyong let his feelings subside for a while. Maybe he was not just thinking right. His eyes followed their backs as they disappeared from the hallway. He twitched his lips for thinking things he supposed to be not thinking of. He wasn’t sure of himself. All he knew was that, he doesn’t want Dara to come near and be close to Top. His friend was a playboy and he just does not like the idea.

Few minutes passed and they were back with TOP holding a galloon of ice cream, Dara was following him with the scoop and cones.

TOP seemed to be hyper and was like having a good time with Dara’s company. From what Jiyong have observed, the petite girl felt the same way too.

Jiyong coughed again. His eyes were on Dara. She eventually turned and looked at him.

“Are you okay, oppa?” she asked him with a concern voice.

Jiyong swallowed. Nice one! He was able to catch her attention. ‘Wait, why am I trying to get her attention?’ his peripheral mind asked. He swallowed again. Dara noticed it so she put down what she was holding and went towards him. She thought he choked something. She sat beside him and placed her hands on his back, slightly patting it. He jerked a little.

“Does it hurt, oppa?”

“Yes … I mean .. no.” Unknown to her, the touch of her hands sent shivers inside him.

“Are you sure?” There was concern in her eyes.

“I’m fine. Don’t mind me here. Just continue with what you’re doing.” he said instead.

She smiled at him then stood up.

After the ice cream session, which apparently Chaerin didn’t enjoy, they headed upstairs. They settled into the terrace. The sun was already on the west side and its shadows on the walls gave them a cool shade. The heights of the trees around were of same level of the floor. Soft wind was blowing too giving them a very cool and refreshing ambience.

Overlooking from the terrace was a swimming pool. The doors facing it were Chaerin’s and the other was on one of the guest rooms.

They were enjoying the view. It was relaxing.

“Oppa!” Dara called out.

Jiyong looked up thinking that Dara was calling him. When he turned his head, he saw that she was already talking to Top. ‘Aisht! what am I thinking?’ he cursed himself inside. He rolled his eyes with that and just drifted his attention on the clear water below.

“Oppa, isn’t it wonderful here?” Jiyong heard her say again but he didn’t dare to turn his head.

“Oppa! Jiyong, oppa …”

It was then that he looked up. “Huh? Are you talking to me?”