01. Goodbye, Baby.

Mistake Back Then

Baekhyun's sitting in the corner of his room, the door locked as he's curled up. His face is stained with tears and he wishes he could go back and undo this mistake.

There's a letter in his hand. The one he's been waiting for and when he saw it in the mailbox, he rushed to his room and opened it without hesitation.

It was official.

He was pregnant. With Park Chanyeol's child.

Most people would think that he'd be happy, but no. He's about to graduate from high school and he has dreams. He and Chanyeol had their lives set already and this wasn't apart of any of it.

He was supposed to graduate from Yeoljeong Arts and become the aspiring artist he wanted to be. Meanwhile his lanky boyfriend would become a rapper, just how they planned. 

But now Baekhyun sees himself giving birth to a child and changing diapers. 

It upsets him, really. And he wishes he didn't give into Chanyeol making love to him.

It was their first time and Baekhyun doesn't know how they could even make such a mistake like this.

Chanyeol doesn't know, of course. He doesn't even know if he should tell his boyfriend.

The way his eyes sparkle when he talks about his dream of becoming a rapper is a beautiful sight and Baekhyun doesn't want to take that look away from him.

On the other hand, they've been together for three years. They are supposed to be honest since they vowed to. He thinks that Chanyeol would stay by his side. At least he hopes so. Abortion isn't an option for him.

 

 


 

 

He decides to tell Chanyeol, but at the right time, the right way.

Both of them are busy with working on one of their music finals and they can't afford to jack that up.

The project is simple and easy. It's about singing a song to someone; dedicating it to them.

Of course, the couple had decided to dedicate it to each other. 

The shorter one had picked a song that pretty much made it obvious that he was pregnant with his child. He had to change up a few of the words to make it fit, but it was obvious nonetheless. Baekhyun prays that Chanyeol is not that oblivious to it when he does perform in front of everyone.

Everyone. Baekhyun's not exactly scared about what everybody else will say. As long as Chanyeol is right beside him, he knows he'll be okay. That's how it always was with them. They would overcome everything that came their way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sing your song to me." Chanyeol says one day as they're both sitting on the floor in his room; limbs tangled together.

They're supposed to be studying the history of music for a test that's coming up and Baekhyun is panicking in the inside while Chanyeol is looking at him with those soft eyes of his. It's so damn irresistible and he hates looking at those puppy eyes.

"Why don't you wait till' class?" He tries to remain calm, giving off his sassy attitude. "It's only a week later."  He tries to wiggle himself out of this. 

"Oh, Come on Baek!"  The giant playfully whines. "Don't you love me?" 

Yes, unfortunately he does. Enough for him to let Chanyeol knock him up. 

Eventually, he gives in after countless minutes of whining. 

His legs get weak as he walks over to the speakers by his boyfriend's laptop to play the back track. 

The song is beginning to play and he wishes he hadn't picked this song and had chosen 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' or something like that. Anything but the song he was about to sing.

Instead, he picks a song about having Chanyeol's baby. The latter seems to be enjoying the sound of the instrumental back track; swaying side to side like a dumb giant with a goofy grin until Baekhyun starts singing.

"Having your baby
what a lovely way of saying
how much I love you.
Having your baby,
What a lovely way of saying
what I'm thinking of you..."

Baekhyun's voice is trembling, breaking as tears start to sting his eyes. He can't even bare to finish the song because Chanyeol is staring right up at him, his blinding smile faltered. 

The song is still playing while the singing boy becomes silent, sobbing quietly.

Chanyeol's eyes are wide and he's not quite sure if Baekhyun was really sending that message.

It isn't until the song stops, they speak to each other.

"Baek---"

"I'm having your baby." He chokes out, standing still in his spot.

He's usually really good at reading Chanyeol's thoughts but he can't seem to read the ones that the male is thinking right now, and that scares him. All he wants is to be held and for his lover to tell him that everything's going to be okay like he always does when he cries over something so silly or serious. Whether it be over spilt soda or the death of a family member, Chanyeol always held him and made him really believe everything would be okay. 

"We can... raise it together." Baekhyun tries to break the uncomfortable silence between them both. "I know it's different, but I think we can--"

"Do you hear yourself right now, Baek?" His boyfriend is up and approaching him. "I love you, Baekhyun. I do."

The boy is shaking and he feels a 'but' coming on.

"But... I can't raise that thing with you. It was a mistake. You need to get rid of it." Chanyeol was stupid, but Baekhyun had never thought that he would ever say something as stupid as that. His heart is aching and his stomach feels like it's going to make him hurl soon if he doesn't get out of here soon. He can't be around Chanyeol anymore. 

Tears beginning to fall down his pale cheeks, mouth trying to find words to say, Baekhyun finds that there isn't any to say to the other. All he gives the giant is a harsh slap across his cheek and he's storming off.

"It's not a thing. It's our baby... Mine." He sobs out before grabbing his bag and leaves Chanyeol's home. 

That was the last time he was ever there. It was the last time Chanyeol had ever seen him too.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn't show up to school after that weekend. He missed the song dedicating presentation too. If he had showed up, he would know that Chanyeol sung his song for him. The original.

He sang it with tear filled eyes, barely realizing that Baekhyun having his baby was one of the best things that could ever happen to him. But... his dreams. They were important to him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun dropped out of school. 

There were rumors at school saying that he ran off with another man, but Chanyeol knows that could never be possible. 

There were worse rumors out and honestly, he just wanted them all to stop.

 

 

 

 

It's like Baekhyun disappeared, Chanyeol thinks. He's searched everywhere and  called his cell phone about a million damn times. He's left so many messages, the inbox is full.

When he checked his lover's home, his parents said that he'd packed his stuff and ran off. They didn't exactly care much because they didn't even bother to listen to whatever Baekhyun had to say since they were always so hung on their work. It angered Chanyeol to see how careless they were.

Baekhyun is gone and Chanyeol can't believe it. It's his fault he had lost the best thing in his life.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun and his baby. 

 

 

 

 


AUTHOR'S CORNER;
THANK YOU FOR READING, U THERE.
I know it's short. I'm sorry. But I'm having my 
birthday party soon so hooray! /o/
i hope you guys like this though.
this is just like a prologue pretty much tbh
i love you all please sub and upvotes are appreciated
comments are appreciated too!

wasn't proofread btw


XOXO
credit.