02. Chance Encounter

Mistake Back Then

Chanyeol groans as he wakes up with a pounding headache. There's a woman sleeping soundly beside him and he's not even surprised or bothered by it. He clearly remembers ing her without a care in the world last night and this was the price of all of it. It's a part of his daily life now, since the past three years. He’s completely used to waking them up rudely and making them force their clothes on and kicking them out after getting a harsh slap on the cheek.  

After Baekhyun left and Chanyeol obviously made very little effort to go and find him, he worked on his long life dream of becoming a rapper, and here he is. He's famous now and he does his own music, but he's too busy drowning in his fame to even remember his dream. Too busy to even remember all of the inspirational songs that he’d written all in his little journal. Songs about living up to your dreams in life and love, love, love. All of that stuff, but now that the person who even inspired him is gone, all his music has been about is girls twerking it up, getting wasted, and guys his . He gets a lot of fame for it and it results in girls and guys at the end of the night, ing them when he's intoxicated with alcohol.

It's not because he misses Baekhyun, oh no. He'd forgotten that he even knocked up his first and last love and that he's supposed to have a three year old child in his hands right now. Who needs children anyway when you have es at your feet and a billion fans fawning over you. He doesn’t want to waste away his life on changing diapers and making bottles while running on one hour of sleep. He keeps telling himself that and loves to live the way he is right now. Alone and only alone. 

Unfortunately that thought sort of changes when he’s in the supermarket at 1am to go grocery shopping. The store is less crowded at this time and he gets a chance to store up his fridge. During his peaceful shopping under a black hood, a face mask, and pajama pants with Totoro slippers, he's not quite sure if he's upset or glad at what he sees.  That the love-- ex-love of his life his walking right in front of him, shopping just as peacefully—well almost peacefully.

Baekhyun is standing there, looking the same as ever. His thin lips pursed together while his brows knit together in frustration as he’s trying to decide on what spice he’s supposed to get. He still has his brown locks that Chanyeol remembers tangling his fingers in, and he still has those sparkling eyes of his, though they look dimmer than they were years before. His body doesn’t even show a hint that he had giving birth to a child. It makes him wonder if he even went through it since Baekhyun still looks so much like the one that had left before. He wonders how he looked when the baby was in the stomach. Wonders how he looked giving birth alone, raising the kid on his own, and playing with the kid alone. All these thoughts like this and he realizes that he has to push all of this away. That chance of having that life was gone and he had more important things to worry about, like what outfit was he wearing to the club tonight. He was a famous star now. If he wanted to get a baby, he could do so easily. Chanyeol had many fans after all.

Speaking of his fans, one of them creeps up to him in the empty isle they’re in and pokes Chanyeol gently on the shoulder. “Oppa?” She says quietly and the male turns around hesitantly. “You, you’re Park Chanyeol, right?” she asks and it’s more of a statement really. He could see in the corner of his eyes that Baekhyun had heard that, looking up from the spices in his hands. Chanyeol notices that it’s only them three in the isle so why not try to act a little for the male.

“Of course I am.” He says proudly, pulling down his face mask to reveal his face. The girl in front of him then squeals quietly, wanting the male all to himself. “Please sign something for me, please?” She asks with aegyo kicked into her voice, showing off what little cleavage she has. Of course Chanyeol takes the pen gladly and takes the hint with a smirk. “I’m such a big fan, oppa. I listen to all of your songs every day.” She continues on, pulling down her shirt a little. “Could you—sign here?” This ought’ to piss Baekhyun off or at least make him a little jealous, he thinks to himself as he signs the woman’s s without even taking a second thought. And with a little extra, he pecks her on the lips and that sends her running off while squealing.

Clearing his throat, Chanyeol prepares himself for some more acting and turns back to his cart to see Baekhyun still staring at him. He pretends to be shocked and widens his eyes.  “B-Baek?” He reacts almost too quickly, making the other male roll his eyes. “Hey, Baek.” The second one is a little more casusal.

“Hey, Baek—That’s it?” Baekhyun scoffs, staring at the other with an unamused expression on his face. “Don’t pretend you didn’t just see me here minutes ago.” He rolls his eyes and chucks both of the spices down into his shopping cart. Meanwhile, the taller male rolls his down closer towards the other and laughs lightly with his deep voice. “So then you knew who I was on the spot, even with my face all covered up?” He asks, a hint of curiosity in his voice.

Baekhyun’s expression softens a little at the question while he answers, “Of course.” He looks away, down into the ingredients in his cart. “I notice you from anywhere.” And it’s not even an exaggeration. He knows Chanyeol from a mile away, with clothes covering him from head to toe or with no clothes at all. How could you  forget someone you’ve loved so much?

Knowing that Chanyeol probably wouldn’t respond to that, he just clears his throat and puts back on his hard expression. “Anyways,” Baekhyun starts off strongly. “I’ve got dinner to cook, so I’ll see you probably never again.” He tries to roll off but is stopped by words muttered from the other. He could have sworn he heard, ‘for our child?’ and it makes his blood boil in anger. The last time he check, his kid was never their child. Chanyeol was never there for the baby; when the baby was born, growing and taking its first steps.  He makes no effort in holding back when saying it.

“I remember clearly that my child was never yours.” He says harshly. “You wanted me to get rid of it. And good for you. I did.” Baekhyun probably just wanted to see what Chanyeol would say or do and was honestly surprised when he got a reaction. The grip on his wrist was tightened and he snaps his head to look at the giant. “Do you think you have any right to be angry or whatever with me? Of course I didn’t kill my kid, you dip. I got rid of it by taking myself with it, leaving you. And it was the damn right best decision I’ve ever made in my life.”

Chanyeol chooses to ignore those words and stares at his ex-lover with a cold emotion. Baekhyun only looks back into those empty eyes and thinks to himself. The person in front of him is definitely not the person he had fallen in love with in high school. He knew he’d lost that person right when he sang the song in front of the other in his bedroom. The light in Chanyeol’s eyes were gone and even when he moved to his cousin’s grandmother’s home,  he knew that his Chanyeol was never coming back because a few years later when he debuted, the songs he listened to were not the ones he’d read himself in a little book that Chanyeol let him read. Instead, they were new ones with a different sound. A sound that was not Chanyeol.

“When can I see it?” The latter asks with his tight grip still on the the wrist of the other. Baekhyun just laughs, shaking the other off harshly. “Never.” He responds and he has the damn right to answer that way, but when he’s stopped again by the same man, he turns his head to glare but is met with gentle eyes and a sad expression. That look and those eyes in front of him remind him of the ones he used to stare into when they were in high school and it breaks his heart.

“Baek—I’m serious.” Chanyeol speaks, lowly this time. “When I can I see our baby.” Baekhyun wants to answer him, he really does, but there’s a lump in his throat and he’s honestly about to burst into tears. “You can’t.” He answers. “You can’t see him and you never will.” The small male notices that there are more people in the isle now, making it a perfect opportunity for a crowd to gather. Though Chanyeol’s wearing his facemask again, Baekhyun’s sure people will believe him.

“Oh my god, it’s Park Chanyeol!” He yells and it startles the male, causing his grip to loosen and Baekhyun runs off with the cart as a bunch of people look and gather around the celebrity. He’s only left to sigh and sign a few autographs, take a few photos, and cry in the inside because he let Baekhyun slip once again, even when he made an effort to say something.


‘HALLYU IDOL RAPPER PARK CHANYEOL RUMORED TO HAVE MADE FORMER BOYFRIEND PREGNANT’

The morning newspaper says and that doesn’t worry Chanyeol one bit because who the hell reads those anymore. It’s when his manager Junmyeon switches on the television and he sees his masked face there with a blurred Baekhyun in the isle, he’s definitely worried.

“You know your place, you know you’re an idol!” Junmyeon practically screams, pulling on his hair. “I’m nice to you, Chanyeol. I let you random people at night and take care of them after you kick them out so they won’t say , but you screwed this up.” He continues on, leaving the seated male quiet. “Do you know that people will dig up your past and find out that all of this is true? They will find out Baekhyun’s information and you know that. Your fans—the sasaengs are crazy. Do you know what you’ve just done!?” Yes, Junmyeon knew Baekhyun. They all had attended high school together after all.

“I was just—“

“Worried for the baby? Chanyeol, you know your chance was gone a long time ago when you chose this path.” Junmyeon sighs, shaking his head. He never approved his decision from the start when he found out that his best friend was pregnant with his other best friend’s child. Yet, he couldn’t say anything because Baekhyun had left without a word to anyone.

Chanyeol knows he’s right, but there’s nothing the both of them can do. Now all they were going to be left with was other news branching out, and before they know it, the whole story will be found out and they’re both worried about how Baekhyun is going to feel under all of that pressure. The giant does have the nerve though to even think that this may be his chance; his one last shot.


“Baek—“ Baekhyun’s boyfriend of two years calls him, bringing him back to Earth and out of his mind. His eyes are fixed on the title displayed on the television screen and his boyfriend then pulls him into a tight hug, holding him close.  “I know you’re scared right now, but we’ll get through this.” He sighs, knowing the worries that are going through the elder male’s little head right now. Baekhyun smiles lightly and takes in his lover’s scent, enjoying the familiar warmth. “I know, Jongin. It’s just—I studied all about the idol life, you know? All about the crazed fans you’ll gain and what they’re willing to dig up about you. I know they’re gonna come after me sooner or later.” He sighs, afraid of the thought of all of that happening to him. He’s most worried about Jongin to be quite honest.

“I know, baby. I studied about it too.” Right, Jongin had attended a performing arts school just like him, but was located somewhere else. “And that’s why we’ll get through it together. No matter what. I won’t let this affect you and our life. Park Chanyeol—he lost his chance. This will all die out eventually.”

Jongin was right. Chanyeol lost his chance was no one to him, Baekhyun thinks. Jongin is the one who’s been for him and his son this whole time while the real father was out being someone who he’s obviously not.  When the media finds out about all of this, the news will die out and leave him and his lover alone because Jongin is the real father figure to his child.

Jongin is the one. Right?

 

 

 


 

 

 

‘HALLYU IDOL RAPPER PARK CHANYEOL’S FORMER BOYFRIEND REVEALED TO BE BYUN BAEKHYUN, DROP OUT STUDENT OF PERFORMING ARTS SCHOOL, YEOLJEONG’


AUTHOR'S CORNER;
i updated! I HOPE YALL LOVE IT CAUSE-- I LOVE THIS UPDATE
BUT COMMENTS AND UPVOTES AND SUBS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANK YOU LOVES
wasn't proofread btw
XOXO
credit