08. Maybe, baby.

Mistake Back Then

If there's anything Baekhyun has noticed, it's the way Jongin has been acting really strange lately. He's been more gentle. Jongin passes up pasta when Baekhyun offers to cook, massages after work, , and pretty much anything that requires some form of work. At first Baekhyun thinks and wonders if he had found out about his pregnancy, but he highly doubts it because he had went right back into the restroom to grab that stick from where it had been and toss it into the trash, hiding all of the baby evidence. He had even shreded the results he had gotten when he went to the doctors for and actually test, still coming out smiley and rather positive. He was happy of course, but the situation still worries him. Baekhyun just wants to play it off cool and slow for now even though he's at three months now. How much longer until he tells Jongin, or anyone for that matter? His stomach was growning each day, having him end up to wear Jongin's baggy tees. It was almost hard to hide now. Baekhyun just didn't know what to do.

Jongin on the other hand, is getting a little impaitent. He had purposely set up things so that Baekhyun would not have it so hard on him like places at work and home. He had even passed up many times even though he is just so so tempted to love him. Instead, he keeps himself under control, settling on tending to himself in the shower so that Baekhyun wouldn't have to do much work. Plus he had read somewhere online that while one is pregnant wasn't a good thing. It could have just been a little lie, but he would rather be safe than sorry, wanting to protect this baby more than anything. 

He knows how sensitive and gentle Baekhyun was about childeren. Losing his own, the petite male was so fragile around them. Jongin didn't miss the looks he would give when they'd pass by a playground, school, or any places that Chansung had liked to go by. He noticed every little thing that hurt Baekhyun, even when they're watching television and Chanyeol happens to appear for a commercial. The same thing with Kyungsoo coming up. They were hard to avoid, but Jongin could see that Baekhyun was trying. 

The only thing that was making him impatient and just a tad bit upset, was that Baekhyun was taking a lot of time into this whole "don't tell Jongin I am pregnant" thing.  Time was ticking and there probably wouldn't be lot of time left before the baby is out and living. Jongin wasn't much of an impaitient person, but he wanted the best for Baekhyun. He wanted to plan things like what kinds of programs to go to for healthy pregnancy classes and all those stuff. He wanted to make a baby shower with their families and closest friends. Jongin just wanted the best.

Maybe Baekhyun wasn't ready. Or maybe, he was afraid Jongin would leave him, he thinks. Maybe he needs more that just 'I love you' to show that Jongin truly loves him. Maybe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo knows Chanyeol has been having a little tough time for the past three months, after discovering about the death of his son and all of that. He is honestly trying his best to be there for the guy, tending to his every need, obeying and coming at every single beck and call. He's never seen Chanyeol so fragile, but he can't help but somehow feel like a dog that the giant likes to play with when he wants to. Sure, the ring that wraps around his finger was beautiful and made him feel as if he's finally won Chanyeol's heart, but there was just feeling in the back of his mind. A empty feeling that tells him the battle isn't over; that Chanyeol's heart was still reserved for that one person.

He knows Chanyeol wouldn't play him like that, he thinks. Or he likes to tell himself, actually. Kyungsoo just wants Chanyeol. The ring was supposed to prove it, but the ache in his heart when he sees Chanyeol check his phone simutaniously for a week after he arrived home from his little Baekhyun trip. The giant has gotten way better with it, seeming as if it had never happened, but still. He still feels this... something.

Choosing to ignore it after two months, here is Kyungsoo laying in their shared bed, looking up at the ceiling. He's been here for about a few hours after breakfast and a shower. Luckily there were no idol schedules for him to attentd to today, wanting a little break. He really did think it would be nice, getting to relax and not worry about the world, but he didn't know that when he wasn't worrying about the world trying to tear him down as a human being, he worried for Chanyeol and worried about their relationship.

He was a worry wart and laying in bed, looking up at a wall of white was not going to make himself feel any better about his relationship. It just made everything two times worse, forcing him to think and imagine the future. It always resulted the same way, worried that Chanyeol would leave him, insecurity eating him whole. He tried to force himself to imagine a happy ending, but it wasn't cutting it. With a groan, Kyungsoo sits up straight and stares straight down the hallway that he can see from the bed, sighing. 

The house is quiet, being all by himself. Just staring down the hall, a small smile muses on his plump lips as he imagines hearing a voice of a child, running down the hall as Chanyeol runs behind her and scoops her into his gigantic arms before placing a kiss onto her cheek. The image brought a genuine smile on his face, warming his heart at the thought of childeren with someone he loved. He wanted a future with Chanyeol. He wanted more than just what seemed like meaningless to Chanyeol. He wanted to love him... to be loved.

He just didn't know if he and Chanyeol wanted the same things. After three months, its seemed like Chanyeol was just playing a role. Or maybe it could just be him, right? Maybe it was just Kyungsoo who had changed, and not Chanyeol. Maybe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Storming out of the house with a giant sweater on, and some baggy pants, Kyungsoo walks down the street with a hood hung over his head to hide what ever it can, face mask doing it's job as well, covering his lower half of his face. He wanted some fresh air, unable to stay in that quiet house alone with nothing to do. It was time he went out to do something for a change instead of waiting for Chanyeol to come home after work.

Though it was a little difficult for him to go out without having it be a hassle, Kyungsoo didn't mind going out today. It felt less suffocating. Plus, with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol dating, there weren't too many fans following around. Today, there were none, due to the fact that he's pretty much covered from head to toe and the fact that none were waiting by his home today to know that it was him.

Today, he just wanted to go out for a small drink and maybe bring his lover one home since he knows how much Chanyeol loves Juniel's Cafe's 'Caramel Machiato' on a cold day.  Yeah. It sounded like a good idea. Plus, he could use one of his favorites today away, to wash away his crazy thoughts.

Walking in the cafe, allowing the warm atmosphere from the soft music and warm tempature, Kyungsoo smiles softly as he gets in line. Though he already knows what to get, the order engraved in his heart, the small male still squints as he looks up at the menu to check if there was anything new or if there was any good specials today. Even though there were a few tempting ones, he thought of just getting the usual. Ordering the drinks as he usually would, he thinks of a fake name to give away to the man staring down at him, not wanting to say his own. 

"Sir, your name please." The male behind the counter asks, pen in hand while a cup is in the other. On impluse, no other name in mind at the moment, he says, "Baekhyun."

"Alright."

As the male walks away to give the cup to someone else to prep his drinks, Kyungsoo can't help but feel a little pathetic. Baekhyun out of all of the names in the world? He would have said Chanyeol's name instead, but he knew that it also would have been suspicious with both of their names being very popular at the moment. 

Allowing it to just slide and stop bothering him, he lets out a huff of breath and takes a step aside to wait for his drink. Arms crossed and head hung down low, Kyungsoo tries to take deep breaths and tries to stop worrying about everything. Things were going to be fine and dandy, he tries to convince himself. 

After a few minutes of breathing and calming, Baekhyun's name is called suddenly and he jumps a little, forgetting that he had used it. 

Walking up to the counter to reach out and grab one of the cups with Baekhyun's name written across it in big black ink, another hand reaches out to grab it at the same time and Kyungsoo's eyes shoot up to see the one and only Baekhyun that he knows. Or familiar with, at least. It still didn't make it any less awkward, meeting eyes with the other. Baekhyun is staring right back at him with wide eyes and Kyungsoo wonders if he knows it's him even thouogh he's all covered up. He hopes to god that he doesn't pull what he did when Baekhyun and Chanyeol were at the supermarket. 

"Caramel Machiato and a Vanilla Bean Frap for Baekhyun." A male calls out, setting it on top of the counter. 

It took that male to call out Baekhyun's name once more to get Kyungsoo to let go of the drink in the actual Baekhyun's hand as if it had burned his hand. Hurriedly, Kyungsoo turns his attention away from the other, feeling his eyes burn him as his tiny hands grab the two drinks. 

"Is that for Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asks quietly, sure not to gather other people's attention while also not trying to sound cold. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo feels blood boil inside him for some reason, and he wants to hold back his sudden anger to not cause a scene and make drama with someone who has already left the fight already. But of course, his personality takes a turn and he suddenly has  a different persona. 

"What is it to you?" He asks defenisvely, holding both drinks close to him as he stares Baekhyun down agressively. The latter is taken back a bit, eyebrows furrowing a bit. "I was just a little curious." He answers quietly. "Or trying to strike up a bit of a conversation." Baekhyun continues with his quiet tone, now looking at the drink in his hand to avoid Kyungsoo's doe eyes, which he's thankful for.

"Considering that this place is... Chanyeol's--"

"Favorite." Kyungsoo cuts him off. "I am aware."

"Oh."

The tension between them is no joke, and it makes Kyungsoo feel guilty.

"I used your name." 

"I know."

Kyungsoo knows Baekhyun is smart enough to know why, considering that his ex-boyfriend who was the fathe of his child is now a famous idol rapper who is dating an idol. The small male was bound to know that since the other is covered up from almost head to toe, Kyungsoo was out to relax and not have people follow him around. 

Not quite sure on what to say next, Kyungsoo takes a deep breath and pretends to look at the time on his watch to give him an excuse to leave this awkward tension, but before he knows it, Baekhyun is taking a step forward and bowing in a 90 degree angle. It garners a bit of attention, making the doe eyed male panic a bit, but he panics more at the fact that Baekhyun was bowing to him.

"What are you doing, Baekhyun?" His cold persona still alive, he snaps a bit. 

"Thanking you." The other replies simply, looking up with a soft smile. "Thank you for taking care of Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo isn't sure on what he should say to that. 

"I do it best. Thanks." He replies coldly once more. He wants to stop his mouth from running this way, but he's scared that if he shows Baekhyun his real personality, the one people see on television, he'll see that he's nothing but a soft hearted idiot who is in love with Park Chanyeol. He needed to come off tough and high to show that he deserves Chanyeol. It was his defense mechanism. 

Not sure on why Kyungsoo kept on insisting on being this  way, Baekhyun purses his lips together as he looks at (what's left of) Kyungsoo's face and frowns. "Do you hate me or something?" He asks suddenly, throwing the other off. "I mean... I know that I've done a few things, but I really... I want to make this work." Baekhyun knows he's sounds crazy right now and that this is an insane idea because 'I am so sorry I slept with your boyfriend.

He tries not to let that bother him because they weren't together at the time, but the fact that the possibility that this is Chanyeol's child is huge, it puts a lot of weight on his shoulder. 

Maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe he should turn back and not try to make a friendship between Kyungsoo and him. Maybe he should walk away, but by the time he's about to walk away from the male, Kyungsoo tries to stop him with his words, unable to do so with his hands since there are two drinks in his hands right now, he blinks with wide eyes.

"Let's talk." Kyungsoo says, and Baekhyun thinks he's being sincre or something of that sort because when he looks into his eyes, they looks soft and gentle.

"Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To his surprise, Kyungsoo isn't much of a bad person and they get along quite well. They have many things in common and to Kyungsoo, it becomes inpossibly hard not to be nice to the guy. Baekhyun was kind hearted and wished him and Chayeol the best. He was nice and he didn't deserve his harsh words, Kyungsoo thinks at least. When they part ways, he is sure to give the male his phone number and a promise to meet up again soon. Baekhyun is in a bit of a shock that it was Kyungsoo who offered his number first, not himself. Either way, he was happy with it.

On his way home, he smiles the whole way. He's had a good day and he honestly couldn't wait to get home to tell Jongin all about it. He knows he'll be a little surprised that he had run into Kyungsoo, and that the latter had used his name and all that, but he knows the male will understand when he tells the whole story and what they had discussed. He's a little scared that Jongin might get upset, but he knows that Jongin isn't like that. It was a possibility though.

Pulling out his keys to open the front door, Baekhyun walks into his home to find the living room empty. Ususally when it's empty, that means something must be off.

"Jongin?" He calls out, locking the door before opting to check out the whole place. The living room, kitchen, and restroom were both empty, so that only left the bedroom. It was quiet in the house, so he knows that his boyfriend isn't doing something funky inside. Reaching out a hand to grab the door knob, opening the door slowly, he peeks his head in first before his eyes suddenly go wide.

Pushing the door open all the way, Baekhyun's jaw drops at the sight in front of him.

Rose petals are scattered everywhere, and there are candles surrounding Jongin in the shape of a heart as his lover smiles widely at him, dressed in a white suit, hands clasped together. Baekhyun could tell he was nervous, and that made it all the more better. Taking small steps towards Jongin with tears welling in his eyes, Baekhyun reaches to the end of the heart shaped candle around Jongin.

"W-What's all this for?" 

"For you." Jongin smiles, reaching into his pocket. "Byun Baekhyun..."

Oh no. 

"You know I love you. I have loved you for such a long time. You've been nothing but good to me." Jongin starts off, feeling like he'll cry himself soon. "We have been with each other for such a long time, and I know time doesn't define love so I'll stop there... But... I just want you to know that time doesn't define love, but I do want to spend the rest of my life time with you because... I love you so much. I want to be there with you for the rest of your life, tending to your every need. I will be the best man for you and try and provide all that I can." He speaks so fast, he has to pause to take a breath, slowly getting down on one knee, hands opening the tiny box he pulls out. 

"Byun Baekhyun," Jongin says. "Will you marry me?"

He stares down at the younger in shock, letting things sink in.

Kim Jongin, his boyfriend, was asking him to marry him.

"I..." Baekhyun manages to push out. Answer him, damn it. 

"I'm pregnant."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


a bit of a bonus:

 

"The media is responding quite well to eveything so far, Yeol." Junmyeon blinks at the papers in his hands, reading the latest news about Chanyeol's new album that drops in a week. "The paparazzi are snapping some good pictures of you and there aren't any rumors about you lately. I've got to hand it to you. You've been doing so well." He praises the idol with a wide eyed expression, setting the papers down to see the giant male grinning widely. "I try my best." Chanyeol laughs as he spins around in Junmyeon's office chair. "Ever since Kyungsoo and I started dating, the scandals that people try to get me into have died down. I'm a good man." He says somewhat sarcastically, stoppng the spinning to save himself from a head ache. 

"That's good." Junmyeon nods slowly, setting the papers aside. There is an awkward pause after that and it makes Chanyeol groan. 

"What is it, Junmyeon?" He asks the question even though he knows the answer, knowing his high school friend very well like the back of his hand or Baekhyun's tiny little body. He was a pretty dumb giant, making choices that weren't very wise. But excluding those things, he was observant at times when he wanted to be, learning people if he wanted to. Junmyeon was a person who cared for others, but wasn't a person who enjoyed butting into buisness. That was why he had paused awkwardly, Chanyeol thinks.

"Have you talked to Baekhyun?"

"No."

He's been asking that for the past month and Chanyeol can't figure that out.

He doesn't know that Junmyeon has been talking to Baekhyun and he knows that the latter is pregnant. Baekhyun didn't tell him that it was Chanyeol's of course, but Junmyeon was also observant and he knows to idiots when he sees them. He can't pave the way for them to try and make things right, so he decides on not spilling the beans to save their lives. Junmyeon may think they're both very stupid, but he knows that they're both smart enough to figure it out soon.

"Okay." Junmyeon smiles. He'll ask another day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

welp how was that. i am sorry. it's 3 am and i've been doing musical practice and performances. i hope you enjoy this 3k. lol ;; i will come back tomorrow and edit it. i am tired  and sleepy i need rest. i lvoe you all please leave comments and subscribe and UPVOTE PLs <3 ilysm. please look forward to the rest. sorry if its bad. i will give out better stuff <3 ;; please love me.

i will come back and edit the mistakes. me sleepy ;; <3