07. Smiley Smiley!

Mistake Back Then

It's been two months or so since he's last seen Baekhyun and it's honestly gone back to normal. He knew it would be easy since he had such a huge fanbase. They wouldn't hate him too much over something that had happened in the past. It was done with and they couldn't do anything about it, even though he wish he could.

The only thing different now is that he isn't allowed to have with random people because his relationship status had changed from single to taken. It had exploded all over the news of course, having two of South Korea's most favorite idols get together. Not only that, but they were both male, so it was a bit of a shock. 

Baekhyun saw it coming and it did hurt quite a bit, but he was with Jongin and that was how it was supposed to be. He figures that he only feels like this because the memories had flooded back into his brain and his heart started to feel what it had when he was with chanyeol. It would go away, he tells himself when he sees a photo of Kyungsoo and Chanyeol while surfing the web. 

It will go away. 

 

 

 

 

 

To: Jong ♥ 
From : Me

Let's go and get some of your grandma's green pea soup! <3 please ? xoxo

To: Babe.
From: Me

But ... u hate it ://

To: Jong ♥
From: Me

I know, but im suddenly craving it. it has this unique taste! 
Pick some up for me on your way home okay? 
I'm gonna take a nap~ I'm tired.

To: Babe.
From: Me 

Okay ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

It was rather unusual for him to crave something like that. Baekhyun remembers the first time he had tried it. It was probably one of the worst things he's ever tasted. It was like a mix of rotten milk and green peas mashed together, but he had forced on a smile that day just to make Jongin's grandmother tolerate him a little bit more. She had been skeptical of their relationship, but since he seemed like a nice enough guy for her little Jongin, she now trusts him.

He wasn't so sure if he was happy about that now, since he doesn't even trust himself. He still hadn't forgetten what he had done two months ago, but he likes to push it to the back of his brain and pretend it never happened. He's pretty sure that Chanyeol does the same. That idiot that smiles so widely in front of the camera, wrapping an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder while showing off his couple ring with the other. 

If Chanyeol was happy, he was happy too. No wait, he should be happy on his own. There we go.

 

 

"Baby?" Jongin calls when he enters thier shared apartment after work, a tupperware of green pea soup in one hand while the house keys are in his other. Shutting the front door with his feet, he goes on ahead to set his things down before locking the front door secure. "Baek, are you home?" The tanned male calls out once more, a little worried now since Baekhyun would usually be perched up on the couch by the time he's home. 

Approaching the hallway that leads to their bedroom, he can hear a faint sound coming from the bathroom. He isn't sure if it was just him hearing things or if he was right, but he swore he could hear someone hurling in the bathroom. And that triggers him to quickly open the door to the bathroom, worried.

"Baek? Are you okay?" He asks, eyesight dropping down to see Baekhyun on his knees, bent over the lid of the toilet, emptying out whatever he had eaten. The smaller male just turns his attention towards the other with half lidded eyes, wiping his lower lip with the back of his hand. "I'm fine. Just feeling a little sick. But I'll be alright." The male grins, letting his boyfriend help him up to rinse his mouth in the restroom. 

"Did you bring that pea soup?" Baekhyun tries to distact Jongin from asking him repeatedly if he was okay, pretty much following behind him like a puppy everywhere he went. When they reached the kitchen, Jongin took a seat right across from Baekhyun and watched as he ate the bowl of soup he had brought earlier just for him. Meanwhile, Baekhyun tried not to look up because he knows that Jongin will start asking questions again and he doesn't want to keep having to try and assure him that he's perfectly fine. He knows that it's because he rarely gets sick so Jongin is just super worried, but it's nothing more than a little cold. 

Finishing the bowl of soup, they both decide on a movie before bed. Jongin insisted on Baekhyun picking the movie so he chose Sweet Home Alabama because it was one of his favorites. The younger  didn't complain each time he would force him to watch movies like this and Baekhyun was thankful because he just wanted to cuddle on the couch together silently with a bit of kissing, but more watching with eyes on the screen.

To Jongin's surprise, Baekhyun didn't do much of eitherbecause not even halfway through the movie, Baekhyun is already sleeping against his chest, snoring lightly. With the position they're in, he doesn't want to move and wake his boyfriend, so he insists on sleeping here for hte night. He's not too comfortable, but Baekhyun seemed to like sleeping on top of him so he didn't mind. 

Watching a bit of the movie while switching his vision over to the sleeping Baekhyun from time to time, Jongin couldn't help but think a little. He wouldn't mind living like this for the rest of his life. He wanted this for the rest of his life. 

Baekhyun falling a sleep on top of him, coming home to a little puppy like boy cooking in the kitchen, or him cooking for Baekhyun while the other is at work, and all of those things. He just wants Baekhyun as a whole, and just thinking about them living together for the rest of their lives has his heart fluttering like crazy. He had already had a taste of what it would be like for him and Baekhyun if they had a child together. Chansung was just like his own and when he lost that kid, they went through it together. 

He wanted a life with Baekhyun, but maybe Baekhyun wasn't ready. He just needed some time.

 

 

 

The next morning, Baekhyun finds himself sleeping alone in his bedroom and he feels totally bad that he had fallen asleep on Jongin and didn't even get up early to cook breakfast for him before he goes off to work. He makes a mental note in his head to make lunch for him  after his shower and walk to where Jongin works to drop off his lunch. Yeah, that would do it. 

Sliding out of bed, Baekhyun waddles on into the closet to find something to wear today. It's a little chilly out, but he doesn't mind wearing something a little showy today. He was going to Jongin's workplace where there's handsome men everywhere. Maybe a little v-neck sweater that Jongin likes so much because if he recalls correctly, it shows his 'ridiculously delicious collarbones' that Jongin loves. Taking that sweater and a pair of his good skinny jeans, he sets it on the bed for later when he's out of the shower.

After his shower, he walks into the bedroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, another towel being used to dry his mop of hair. When he approaches the mirror that stands in the corner of their bedroom, he can't help but notice how he's seemed to gain so much weight lately. "How in the world did Jongin even carry me into the room?" He wonders, frowning as he pokes at the apparent fat on his stomach, only noticing this now. Looking back up to see the mirror, he uses his delicate fingers to pinch at the skin on his cheek, noticing how fat he's gotten there too. 

Visuals were important to Baekhyun of course, him being young and in love with a very good looking man, he didn't want to be a fat potato for Jongin. He wanted to stay fit and slim for him, so he doesn't have to worry about the look Jongin gives him when they make love together. Just thinking about Jongin peeling off his clothes to see an ugly potato scares him to death. 

Tearing his eyes away from the mirror, Baekhyun settles on a different top instead of the one he picked before, not wanting to show too much skin now. Instead, he picks a loose sweater and some sweats to not only hide a lot, but to feel comfortable. 

After all of this, brain flooding with insecure thoughts, he finds himself to be too tired to cook and walk to Jongin's workplace that isn't too far down. He finds it odd how he's been seriously tired out not even half way though the day, but doesn't ponder about it for too long. Instead, he goes into the kitchen to make dinner for tonight. He would like to make it up to him like this instead of making lunch and making Jongin a fool of himself for dating a potato looking man.

Opening the fridge, Baekhyun looks for something he feels like eating tonight. Pasta sounds delicious, but when he thinks about the taste, it seems to upset his stomach, face scrunching up at the thought of it. It's weird because pasta happens to be his favorite kind of food. 

Feeling like he'd hurl anytime soon, Baekhyun is quickly running into the bathroom within the next ten seconds, bent over the toilet just like he had been doing yesterday. Puking into the toilet, tasting nothing but that nasty green pea soup from yesterday, Baekhyun wonders why he had even eaten it.

He wonders why he had even eaten it when he knows that he hates green pea soup. Jongin's grandmother's recipe specifically.

Then it clicks. 

The weight gain, double restroom trips, the cravings, the fatigue. The feeling is all too similar. 

Could he possibly-- no way. He tells himself that he's just freaking out, but his feet and hands tell him otherwise because he's already dashing out the door with a jacket quickly put on, waltzing right into the nearest convenience store.

Baekhyun doesn't miss the look the clerk gives him when he shamefully puts the boxes of pregnancy tests on the belt converyor. It seemed like a bit too much, but he just wanted to be sure. He needed to know. When he walks up to pay for his things, the clerk looks at him with a strained smile and doesn't forget to wish Baekhyun luck when the latter grabs his bag and is running back to his apartment. 

In the restroom, he finds himself urinating on more than five sticks just in case. After he does his thing, later lining the sticks beside each other ontop of the the toilet tank. He wants to bite on his fingers because he's nervous as hell, but that's completely unsanitary considering that he just pissed on a few sticks. Instead, he just taps his foot excessively while looking at the blank sticks stare right back at him. 

Scratch that. He can't even stand watching it. Instead he just looks forward to see the mirror hanging right in front of him. 

Why is he so worried is what people would ask if he told someone about the situation he was in right now. Everyone he knows, knows he loves Jongin. But they don't know that the night they last had was the night he also had with his past lover.

Jongin wore a , Chanyeol didn't. 

It's ironic how it's the other way, but Baekhyun doesn't laugh at how funny it is. He cries a little.

It could have been prevented. He could have stopped them both, but he was too distracted into the situation, clouded by thoughts, allowing himself to be taken into the past with Chanyeol, and wanting to find a way out to confess what he did with Jongin. 

If he's pregnant, there's most likely a chance that Chanyeol is the father. The chance of it being Jongin's is so slim, but it is still possible. 

With all of this poking at him, he forgets that he has  to check the sticks that probably have the results on them already. He closes his eyes to pray quickly, hoping to god that he would make these sticks negative just this time.

Opening his eyes, he holds his breath to see the result.

Smiley face, smiley face, smiley face, smiley face, smiley face.

They're all positive with stupid smiley faces and he wants nothing more than to shove his face into the toilet and flush. Yes, a child waas a good thing, but the situation is not a good thing. 

Not only does he not know who the father is, if it ends up being Jongin's, he still might end up losing him because he'll find out that he cheated on him. He cheated on Jongin with Chanyeol and that was something Jongin won't be able to let go, knowing him. 

Baekhyun grits his teeth, staring down at those damn smiley faces before slamming his fist on top of the toilet tank, having it wobble. A stick falls behind the toilet in the process, making Baekhyun groan in annoyance. Getting the other four sticks, he wraps them in toilet paper and tosses them in the trash. 

On his knees now, he tries to reach for that stubborn stick in the back, unable to reach for it right now. While trying to wiggle his fingers to get it, there's a knock on the bathroom door, startling him.

"Baekhyun, you uh... alright in there?" Jongin asks rather awkward. "Just making sure you're okay."

Of course, he has to be home. Baekhyun had lost track of time, worrying about all of this. 

"Uh, yeah. I'll be out, love." He tries to make himself seem all calm and natural. Getting off the floor, mentally putting a note in his head to come back and get this stupid stick, he rinses his hand real quick and opens the door with a small smile. 

"Hey, love." He greets the taller with a hug and a kiss on the lips. "Sorry I didn't wake up to cook you breakfast. And... dinner." He had forgotten to do that as well, cursing himself silently. Of course, Jongin shakes his head and chuckles. "That's fine, baby. Just go sit on the couch, I'll cook tonight." He offers. With the fatigue taking over his body, Baekhyun nods slowly and gives Jongin one more kiss before he sits himself on the couch.

Meanwhile, Jongin goes into the restroom to empty himself real quickly. While doing so, he notices a bright little smiley on the floor poking out from right behind the toilet. 

When he's done, shaking himself before tucking it in , Jongin reaches down to get the little stick. It took awhile, but it's finally in his grasp and in front of his face.

A pregnacy stick.

Baekhyun is pregnant.

With his kid.

It's one of the best things that could ever happen to him. He had just been thinking about this sort of thing the night before. It's like his wish had been heard and he can't stop himself from grinning ever so widely. 

It all makes so much sense now that he thinks about it, noticing how Baekhyun's stomach had grown a teeny tiny bump, and how he gets tired so easily, wanting naps at the most random times, and how he wanted that green pea soup last night. It was one of the most disgusting things they've ever tasted so now it click on how he would want that nasty thing. 

"I am having a child with Byun Baekhyun." He whispers to himself, looking at the smiley face with a similar one.

Figuring that Baekhyun had meant to toss it into the trash but missed it by accident, Jongin places it where it had been earlier in case his boyfriend had been trying to get it before he knocked on the door.

Even though he knows already, he wants to pretend like he doens't know anything. Baekhyun might not even be ready to tell him, so he decides to wait for Baekhyun to pop the news.

He can't wait.

 

 

 

 

 


 

a/n:

sOOOOOOO this is about a 3k update. thank u so much for reading. im sorry i havent updated lately, but school and stuff have been punching me in the face ;; haha. i miss writing so much and i have so many ideas rn so i hope you guys will check out my new chanbaek story im writing soon and my new kaisoo if you guys like that pairing too. thank you so much if you still read this story ok. i love all of u so pls pls pls dont give up on me ; n; im sorry this story seems so chansoo and baekai but WAIT IT OUT HEUHEU u already know u will knowing that u know the baby u know... yea.

ily all.

PLEASE PLEASE PEAS LEAVE COMMENTS, SUBSCRIBE, AND UPVOTE ;; ILY PLS LOVE ME

♥ ♥ ♥