Encounter Seven

Her Boyish Encounters

JIYONG

 

“Dara?” I softly called the same time her weight started bearing down on me. I paused for a moment, waiting for her to respond but when she remained motionless, I chuckled. The girl fell asleep on me. If that wasn’t amusing, I don’t know what is. I wrapped my arms tighter around her and buried my face in the crown of her head, mentally swearing at how sweet she smelled. She can shower with men’s cologne but her natural scent is just plain sweet as candy.

 

I stood there with my arms around her, unsure of what to do. Should I carry her inside and let her sleep? Should I carry her back to her place? Should I wake her up? I was still trying to decide what to do what I started hearing a phone ringing. Although asleep, Dara managed to miraculously hold on to her phone. I took it from her and saw that it was her mother calling. I hesitated for a moment, torn between answering the call and waking her up. In the end, I decided to take the call since I’m really fond of having Dara in my arms.

 

“Hello?” I answered.

 

There was a pause on the other line. “Jiyong?”

 

“Yes,” I answered.

 

I heard a sigh of relief from her. “Thank goodness,” she whispered. She started ranting at how she woke up to pee and noticed the lights were on and so she went around the house to check if something was amiss and learned Dara’s bed was empty and went into full panic mode. “How did you find her?” she asked.

 

“Um. . .” I hesitated. “She called me and told me to come out. When I went out of the house, I saw her and. . . er, she kind of fell asleep on me.”

 

She fell asleep on you?”

 

“We’re still outside the house,” I explained as what I said earlier might have sounded inappropriate.

 

“Where’s your mother?” she asked.

 

“In her room, sleeping.” There was silence. “I’ll bring her home,” I informed her.

 

“It’s already late, Jiyong. It’s dangerous for both of you and Dara to be out on the street this late. If it’s not too much to ask, can you let her sleep there? I don’t what has gotten to her mind to walk straight in to your house at this time.”

 

I decided not to say anything about that. How am I going to tell her it was because her daughter was so freaking sweet and kind and can’t bear the guilt of knowing she offended someone? And that someone is me? A smile curved my lips as I hugged her tighter to me. “Okay, I’ll bring her in and let her sleep.”

 

“Um, Jiyong?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Just. . . um, be careful and use protection. And don’t force her if she’s not into diving into erm, adventurous stuff. . . you know?”

 

My eyes grew wide. “I’m not planning to do anything to her,” I said. I can feel my face going red from embarrassment. “And I don’t think she went here to get herself some of. . .” I stopped, clearing my throat. What on earth?

 

“Oh,” she mumbled. She mumbled more words that I couldn’t understand but I think I heard something that sounded like “what a shame”.

 

I swallowed hard. I wasn’t sure if I should laugh or be embarrassed. Surely, she knows I’m a teen age kid with lots of hormones? Surely, she might have heard a thing or two or maybe even more about my reputation? Surely, she knows just how amazingly sweet Dara smells or how cuddly she felt? I don’t need anyone to feed my mind with these thoughts

 

I held my breath when Dara buried her face further in my chest and mumbled something, softly moving against my chest. Right, exactly what I needed right now, to feel move against my chest. Greaaaaaat.

 

When the call ended, I immediately set into motion of adjusting my body to the side to grab the back of Dara’s knees to carry her into the house. I gently settled her down on my bed and straightened up when I realized I brought her straight to my room. I stared down at her sleeping face and wondered if it was such a wise decision to let her smell tangled with my sheets. Maybe I should wake my mother of a kid and. . . no, I’d rather not.

 

I stared down at Dara’s face. I don’t see a baby in my bed sleeping. I don’t see an angel in my bed sleeping. I’m just seeing Dara, just plain Dara and it made me smile. I felt something moved within me from the fact she was sleeping on my bed. It will freak her out tomorrow and that would be a sight to see. I went to sit on the floor and rested my arms on the side of the bed.

 

I reached out to run my hair through her short hair. But damn, she could be beautiful. She is beautiful. I pulled my hand back and grabbed one of her hands, a small smile playing at the corner of my lips as I kissed her palm. I settled in with her hand still enclosed between mine. I went back to staring at her. What have I gotten myself into?

 

I stared at her more with the question still hanging over my head. Eventually, I fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

My body jerked up as consciousness hit me like a boomerang – more of in the form of a very loud high pitched scream followed by a kick on the face. Yep, on the face. “Aww!” I moaned.

 

“Baby?! What’ going on? What. . . Oh!” a frantic Yeri came in. I looked up at Yeri and saw she was smiling – full blast. “Hi Dara.”

 

Silence.

 

“Erm, I’ll just leave you two be,” she said. “Enjoy!” she called out and ran out of my room. Yep, my kid of a mother just said enjoy before running out of my room and closing the door behind, giving us privacy, I presume.

 

I groaned. Who in their right mind would ask two teen aged kids to enjoy while they’re together in a room? Seriously, my mother is whacked. But even so, I love her just the way she is. “What am I doing here?!” I heard Dara whisper, breaking into my thoughts.

 

I looked up. I held my breath from what I saw. Her hair was all over the place but kill me, she’s so freaking adorable that I was seriously tempted to kiss her right then and there. My eyes travelled down to and I can’t help but dart my tongue out and run it along my lower lip. A grin started to curve my lips. I lifted my eyes and met hers. “Can’t you remember?” I staged whispered, letting my voice go husky on purpose.

 

She panicked. “W-wh. . . wh-what. . .?”

 

I stood up and went to climb the bed. She moved to the far end as I lay down on my side, popping my head on my hand. “Best night my life,” I told her, still smiling brightly at her. “I can remind you, if you want.” I wiggled my eyebrows at her suggestively. The girl paled and I had the urge to throw my head back and laugh out loud but I was trying to keep my seductive play on the roll so I swallowed the laughter down. “The way you jumped on me, though. Never expected that from you but I can’t say I wasn’t satisfied with it. But don’t worry baby, I’ll take responsibility, no matter what happens.”

 

The girl stared at me for I don’t know how long then she just burst out crying, putting two of her palms up to cover her face. Guilt washed over me. Damn, I was just joking! I sat up and before I could even process what I was doing, my arms shot out to her. I pulled her to me and was just about to wrap my arms around her when she raised her head up and glared at me. “Don’t even think about it,” she hissed and kicked me off the bed. “Did you really think I’ll believe something happened between us?”

 

She tricked me. I thought she really cried and all. And then it started coming – she started slapping me all over. “Not my handsome face!” I told her as I raised my arms to cover my face. But no, she won’t let it go. She started tugging my arms off of my face. Ah, I don’t really wanna get my face slapped, not after getting kicked.

 

I started moving and went to grab her wrists and pushed her down on the bed with me on top of her. I realized it wasn’t such a smart move as its making me feel weird things being this close to her face that I could feel the air coming out from . And nope, that a smart idea to think of as well with me this close because my eyes just darted down to hers and it suddenly made my mouth dry, as if thirsty for something.

 

She started struggling against me but I managed to keep her locked under my body with my eyes not leaving her slightly opened mouth. “Don’t you even dare!” she warned, probably guessing or maybe even reading what’s on my mind.

 

“What?”

 

“I know what you’re thinking, you ert! I’m warning you now not to do it!”

 

“Or else what?” he asked in a whisper, his eyes still fixated on . “Can you really stop me?”

 

“This is ual harassment!” she hissed.

 

I lifted my eyes to hers, stared for a second then burst out laughing. I rolled to the side and climbed out of bed. “ual harassment?” I repeated. “How on earth would this be ual harassment when it was you who came to me in the middle of the night, hugged me and then fell asleep on me? If I was any other guys and I’ve known you’re a girl, I’m telling you, you won’t be a right now already.”

 

Her cheeks flamed and damn it to hell, she looked like a girl right now. A very cute one, that is. I just have this urge to pinch her cheeks. “I knew I shouldn’t have. . .” she mumbled more to herself and then she finally jumped up, her eyes going round. “My mom!”

 

“She called last night,” I told her. “I almost had a mental breakdown when she told me to use protection.” If it was even possible, her face went redder than before. “You’re blushing.”

 

She looked away. “I need to go home.”

 

“Eat breakfast with us first,” I said.

 

“No, I’ll be fine.”

 

“Yeri won’t be so. . .” I informed her with a shrug which was pretty useless as she was still avoiding looking straight back at me. I frowned at this. I didn’t like it. I like having her eyes on me. “Why are you keeping your eyes away from me?”

 

That caught her attention because she looked up. Relief washed through me and this shocked and scared the hell out of me but I didn’t let it show to the surface because I don’t know why I felt that way. I will have to figure it out later. At the moment, I’m a bit distracted with the way was opening and closing. She was either unsure of how to answer my question or she’s still trying to form a passable lie for it. She went on for a while like that and before I could stop myself, I found myself closing in on her and giving her a quick peck on the lips.

 

She breathed in, her face going blank. I took it as my cue to run away before it dawned on her what just happened. And when it did, I was already out of the room. “KWON JIYONG!”

 

I started hearing her footsteps behind me and I can’t help but chuckle as she chased me towards the dining area. I immediately went behind Yeri who was preparing the table. “What. . ?” she started but stopped when she saw Dara running in. “Good morning, Dara!”

 

The girl stopped in her tracks. “Good morning,” she greeted back. “Um, but you can call me Dee.”

 

“I prefer Dara, it sounds sweet.”

 

Dara looked lost as she stared at Yeri but then her eyes went to me and it turned to glare. She was just about to march towards me when my mother went to her, hugged her and then pushed her down a chair. “I’m. . .”

 

“Breakfast,” Yeri said then turned to me. “Baby, can you help me finish setting the table up?”

 

“I’ll help,” Dara immediately volunteered.

 

“That’s sweet dear, but you’re a guest, for now.”

 

“For now?” she repeated blankly.

 

“Yes,” Yeri nodded. “I’m guessing you’ll pretty much become a part of this household soon seeing as my son has marked you as his.”

 

“M-marked me as h-his?”

 

Yeri giggled. “Dear, I’ve been a teen age girl once so I know that this is the era of raging and uncontrollable hormones and –“

 

“Nothing happened!”

 

Yeri blinked and then her smile slowly faded. She then turned to me and glared at me. “Nothing happened?” she asked.

 

I just shrugged in response.

 

“But I like her!” she exclaimed. “You better make your move now before she gets stolen by someone else!”

 

“Yeri, you’re scaring her.”

 

“B-but. . . nothing happened?” she asked again, disbelief written all over her face and she was staring at me like I just committed a crime. I love my mother. Yep, I do. “Kwon Jiyong, what’s gotten into you? You better get her pregnant soon. I want pretty and handsome grandkids already.”

 

I turned to Dara and laughed out loud upon seeing her face. I could clearly tell what’s on her mind:  what have I gotten myself into?