Encounter Three

Her Boyish Encounters

JIYONG

 

I was tapping my foot against the floor out of boredom. I had my eyes closed with my head thrown back.

 

“Sit properly, Kwon Jiyong,” a stern voice scolded me.

 

I grunted in response as I opened my eyes and straightened up. I lifted my eyes to meet Kim Janna’s eyes, the school’s head teacher. I gave her a wink and smirked at the dark look on her face.

 

“Can we just wrap this up?” I asked. “I’ve got lot of things to do.”

 

“You should have thought about that before letting yourself caught in this situation,” she replied.

 

“I’m the one who got punched into a pulp.”

 

“You shouldn’t have kissed me then!” Dee or should I say, Dara, snapped.

 

I turned my head towards her, smirking. “What can I do? I’m just a normal boy who can’t get hold of his hormones.”

 

She stood up angrily, fist in the air and was about to strike when she got told to sit down by the head teacher. “I won’t tolerate violence in my school, especially not from you, Sandara Park.” I saw the girl flinched, her wrists balled tightly in her lap. “And I’m also not going to tolerate this type of disrespect to girls, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

I was about to retort something stupid that might get me into deeper trouble when her words made their way into my brain. “You knew she was a girl?”

 

She raised her brows at me in response the same time the sound of the door creaking open was heard. I turned my head back and grimaced upon seeing two women staring at each of us with worry then with surprise.

 

“Sandara Park!” one woman said the same time I heard Yeri say “Kwon Jiyong!”

 

“Ugh, Mom, I told you not to call me by my full name!” the girl sighed.

 

“What happened to your handsome face?” Yeri asked. It made me want to shrivel up and get swallowed by the floor.  I turned away when she cupped my face.

 

“Snap out of it, Yeri. I’m no longer a baby.”

 

“But you’re still my cutesy little baby boy,” she said, pouting. Sometimes I wonder if I’m really the child here and if she’s really my mother. I can’t help but think that it’s the other way around sometimes.

 

Miss Janna cleared , bringing us back to the matter at hand. She went on to narrate what happened and after her monologue, silence greeted her. But of course, Yeri won’t be able to keep shut. “You let yourself get beaten?” she asked, sounding scandalized. “And you kissed a boy?!?”

 

I sighed, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose. She’s causing me more headache than the detention I know I’m likely to face on. “She’s not a boy, Yeri.”

 

“A gay?” she gasped.

 

“No,” I growled. “She’s a girl! Do you really think I wouldn’t have the guts to fight back if we’re in the same gender?”

 

Yeri clapped then patted my head. “Good boy.”

 

“Lee Yeri, although your son did not physically hurt Sandara, he kissed her with them not even being in a relationship.”

 

“Oh, just give him detention,” Yeri cheerfully answered.

 

I laughed. The look on the school’s head teacher’s face and the cheerfulness in Yeri’s voice just hit me so hard I can’t help but laugh my head off. “I told you it won’t do any good bringing her here,” I said to Kim Janna in between laughter. She looked as if she was on the verge of breaking down herself but she quickly composed herself, turning her attention to the other party.

 

“Miss. . . Ah Hanri, eventhough your daughter had a reason to react in such a way, I’m afraid it’s something that we – “

 

“Are you going to file charges for this?” Hanri asked, facing Yeri.

 

“Who? Me?” Yeri asked with a bewildered look on her face while pointing a finger at herself.

 

“I’m sorry for what my daughter did to your son,” she said, going down to her knees.

 

“Mom!”

 

Yeri panicked and ran to the other woman, apologizing as well. “Please stand up,” she said. She then turned to me. “We’re not going to file charges, are we?”

 

I looked at her then lifted my eyes to Sandara Park. She had her eyes on me as well and she looked as if she’s challenging me – for what, I don’t know.

 

“Jiyong?” Yeri called.

 

“No, we’re not,” I finally answered, keeping my eyes on the girl. She looked surprised for a moment but then she quickly looked away.

 

“See? We’re not going to file charges. Now, now, stand up.”

 

“Mom, please stand up,” the girl whispered.

 

The woman slowly stood up and bowed to me, to Yeri and to Janna. “I apologize on behalf of my daughter.”

 

“I believe you’re aware that this can be a reason for expulsion.”

 

“What?” Yeri and Sandara Park chorused.

 

I slumped on my seat as both Yeri and the girl tried arguing with the head teacher. She seemed to have lost it as she stood up and slammed her hands on her desk. I smirked while keeping my head bowed as she announced that the girl and I would be serving detention together for two weeks by cleaning all of the second year’s classrooms.

 

I stretched and yawned out loud when we were dismissed. I slung my arms on Yeri’s shoulders as we headed out. “I think that went well,” she said.

 

“You think?”

 

“Yes,” she nodded. “I like her.”

 

“You like everyone,” I said, chuckling.

 

“Kwon Jiyong, can I have a moment with you?” I paused and looked back. Dara’s mother was standing in front of me with the girl behind her.

 

I glanced down at Yeri and she just smiled at me and nodded encouragingly. I pulled my arm off of her shoulders and gave the other woman a shrug.

 

“Pretty girl, come here,” Yeri called out to Dara with her arm outstretched. The girl flinched and frowned a little.

 

“You go ahead, Dee,” Hanri told her.

 

Dara hesitantly walked towards Yeri and threw me a glare as she walked past by me. I winked at her and chuckled as she grimaced at me. I watched them head towards the gate, a small smile on my face. I could just hear Yeri’s nonstop ranting and I could just feel the awkwardness surrounding the girl.

 

“I admit at first, I found it disrespectful hearing you call your mother by her first name but seeing the look on your face when you look at her made me think otherwise,” Hanri started, pulling my attention away from the two figures headed towards the gate.

 

I stayed silent. I wasn’t really sure why she wanted to have a private talk with me. Is she planning to scold me for kissing her daughter or is she planning to thank me for not making further complaints?

 

“Sandara. . . is quite a handful, isn’t she?”

 

“Yes,” I answered.

 

“But I never thought she had it in her to physically hurt someone.”

 

“She didn’t really cause damage. They sting, but the wounds don’t hurt much.” I’m not really sure where this conversation is headed.

 

“Due to her beliefs, she’s always been guarded and careful to her surroundings to the people around her. She usually only shows her reckless side to people she’s comfortable with or to those she’s close with. She must have been comfortable with you for her to show the reckless side of her.”

 

“I doubt that,” I said, chuckling.

 

“It’s either that or she must have seen right through you. She must have seen you as a good person despite of your carelessness and attitude. My daughter isn’t that dumb to carelessly pick up a fight with someone if she knew the other person can easily jump on her.”

 

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think you know your daughter well. I don’t even see myself as a good person.”

 

She gently smiled and didn’t say anything. I waited for her to say more but when a few minutes passed and she was as silent as ever, I decided to break it. “Err, would that be all?”

 

“I actually have a favor to ask you,” she said and she looked serious this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I found Yeri and Dee in front of the gate. Yeri was all smiles while the other was blushing so hard she looked like a tomato. “You didn’t say or do anything weird, did you, Yeri?” I asked. Why do I have a bad feeling about her smile?

 

“Nothing important, I just slipped in to telling her the time when I caught you watching a movie, hahahaha.”

 

No wonder the girl was so red. “Yeri, that is something you shouldn’t be sharing to someone you just met.”

 

“But I like her! I think the two of you would make a great couple!”

 

“Do you think sharing things like that to a girl would make the girl like me?”

 

“Yes,” she answered.

 

I sighed and glanced at the girl who was still red. Hanri came and gave a soft pat on her daughter’s shoulder. “Let’s go, Sandara.”

 

“Don’t call me that,” she hissed with that blush still tainting her cheeks and I found it adorable. “What are you smiling at?” she suddenly snapped at me when our gazes met.

 

“You,” I answered. “I didn’t know you got this adorable side to you.”

 

She looked as if she was about to retaliate back but seemed to have thought otherwise. She closed her eyes tightly, as if praying. With a sigh, she slowly opened her eyes and said, “I’m going to let this slide this time, Kwon.”

 

“Oooh, scary.”

 

“Jiyong, don’t be a meanie,” Yeri pouted.

 

I placed my arm around Yeri and pulled her close to me. “Okay.”

 

“Good boy,” she said, patting my head. “I would love to talk to you more, Sandara but we’ll have to leave for now before my son starts sprouting unwanted words.”

 

“My name is Dee,” the girl said. “Call me Dee.”

 

“I think Sandara suits you more. It’s a pretty name, just like you,” Yeri said.

 

“My name is Dee,” she mumbled under her breath.

 

We bid our farewell, eventually. On the way home, Yeri was talking nonstop at how cute and adorable she finds Sandara was. “Don’t get too attached,” I told her. “I’m not planning to be serious with her. I just want to turn her into a girl.”

 

“Eh, you can never tell what the future holds, Ji. I have a very good feeling about her and besides, if you ever think of hurting her, I’ll hate you.”

 

“Like you can,” I murmured, shaking my head as I went to my room. I dropped myself to my bed with a sigh. My body hurts. Ugh, that girl can seriously punch. I was just drifting to sleep when I opened my eyes as Hanri’s words played inside my head.

 

I frowned. How can she ask such favor from me? It’s either she’s crazy or desperate. I didn’t say yes, anyways so I shouldn’t be bothered by this. I sighed. But then again, I didn’t say no as well.

 

“Baby Ji, what would you want to eat for dinner?” Yeri called out.

 

“I’m fine with anything!” I called back.

 

“Okay, steak it is!”

 

I smiled. She knows me too well. If there’s one thing Yeri’s really good at, that would be cooking. She won’t get accepted at the top restaurant she’s currently working for if she wasn’t. She applied to several other restaurants before joining Sky of Flavors but no one took her in. apparently, they think she was too cheerful and childish to take the job seriously. I know a lot of people think of her that way. They think she’s too cheerful that she didn’t have the ability to take anything seriously, to take life seriously. They think she’s too childish to suit being a mother. I know our neighbors love to talk about her, whisper about her and gossip about her. Her, being a mother at such a young age would surely get some attention and is gossip-worthy.

 

I tried asking her about how she ended up having me and she had always said, “I fell in love.” I asked her about my father several times but she would always start fake-bawling saying she seemed to be not enough because I was still looking for a father. I eventually stopped asking. She was pretty consistent with her answers.

 

I admit I’m not all too happy about her being a single parent and that yes, she’s too childish for her own good sometimes but Yeri never talks bad about someone else, never gossip about someone else, never hurt someone else. She’s honest and sincere and is a very great cook.

 

My phone beeped. I lazily grabbed it and opened the message. A smile curved my lips upon reading it. Just what I needed after getting punched - some hot chick who’s more than willing to do anything for me.

 

I stood up and had a quick shower and change of clothes. “I’m going out for a while, Yeri. I’ll try to be back in time for dinner,” I called out and ran at full speed to the bus stop.

 

The bus arrived a few minutes later. It was full but I didn’t mind. A few eyes were on me as I climbed the bus, some frowning, probably judging me as a delinquent person due to the cuts and minor bruises on my face while others simply looked. I reached out for the hand support when a familiar figure entered the bus and got squished in front of me.

 

“Why, hello there,” I greeted. “Going somewhere?”

 

She was so closed that I felt her froze. She looked up, frowning. “Mind your own business,” she snapped.

 

I clicked my tongue. “Touché.” There were no other hand supports available for her to hold on to and so, I smirked. “You can hold on to me, if you want.”

 

She didn’t say anything and just glared. I noticed she was holding a skateboard in one hand. I suddenly remembered her conversation a while ago at school. She must be on her way to meet her skater friends. The bus started moving and wobbled a little, making her sway that her instincts might have had let her reach out to me and grabbed on to my shirt. She pushed me herself away from me when she realized what she did but since the bus was too crowded, she just bounced back to me.

 

“Easy,” I told her.

 

The bus pulled over at another stop. A few people climbed out but more people came in and I knew she was going to get pushed over with that tiny body of hers. I wrapped my free arm around her waist and pulled her close to me, tucking her head under my chin. I felt her resistance but I’m one hell of a stubborn male as well so I tightened my hold on her and whispered something into her ear. With her head neatly tucked under my chin, her face buried in my chest, I knew the moment I felt heat in my chest that she just blushed. I chuckled a little as she stepped on my foot on purpose.

 

It turned out that we had the same stop. She quickly freed herself from my arms and climbed out of the bus, more like squeezed her way out without sparing me a glance.

 

“Hey,” I called out as soon as I was out from the bus as well. She stopped in her steps, her back all stiff. She slowly turned around, glaring at me. I frowned a little. “Don’t let anyone else get close to you like that,” I told her. “Despite your aftershave and manly cologne, your natural feminine scent is too strong up close. You’ll get discovered.”

 

“I don’t smell like a woman!”

 

I walked up to her and lowered my head to level my eyes with her. “No, you don’t smell like a woman yet. You smell like a girl who bathed on sweet candies and strawberries. It took an ounce of self control for me not to bite into the sweetness.”

 

“Nonsense!” she snapped.

 

I straightened up and smirked. “The way you answer back is becoming more of a girl’s.”

 

I saw her fist coming and thus, I was able to stop it. My hand circled around her balled fist and with another smile, I placed a kiss on it. Her eyes widened at me and I started stepping back when she started aiming a kick at me. “See you around,” I waved, chuckling as I started heading towards the opposite direction.

 

I stopped on my tracks as I remembered something. I turned around again to face her only to find her walking the other way as well. “Hey Dee!”I called out.

 

She stopped and looked back with a grim expression.  “What?!” she hissed.

 

“I’m serious,” I told her. “Don’t let anyone else get that close to you or else, you’ll get discovered.” With a smile, I added, “I don’t really like sharing.”

 

 

-----------------------

A/N: slow progress, just want to establish  some charac.. amajjang banner by princesscc01!!!