Part 1

HIS DEAL

Part 1

For ages, the Jung family has been the richest and most of them have the successful company. No wonder people always have their eyes set on this family. It seems like a good thing to happen. But, it’s not. Since then, people started to do something horrible to get this family’s money.

And for ages, rumor has it said that the next family member who become the inheritor, will be killed by other people who set their eyes on the family’s money.

It’s such a horrible fate. But, I chose to take the risk and become the next family inheritor.

My name is Krystal Jung, the daughter of the Jung family. After my sister was killed by those heartless people, I became the only daughter of the Jung family.

I’m still a college student and I still live my life normally. Nothing bad happened.

But, as the sayings, nothing will last forever.

One day, something unexpected happened. Really, UNEXPECTED.

“Soojung-ah”, Mom called me

(*Soojung is Krystal’s real name.)

“Grandfather called you”, Mom said.

“Grandfather ? ”, I asked, confused.

“Right. He’s waiting in his study room”

“’Kay”

Grandfather was the only one who survived from the killers when he became the inheritor. And, he did everything to safe his family’s life without thinking about himself. I really wanted to be like grandfather once.

I went towards my grandfather’s study room, thinking. What did grandfather want ?

 *KNOCK KNOCK*

“Come in”, Grandfther replied.

“Excuse me”, I said.

“Soojung-ah. Come in”

“What is it, Grandfather ?”

“Sit down first, and hear my explanation”

I sat down as what Grandfather has told me. That time, there’s this tense atmosphere that made my heart beats like crazy. Nervous. Calm down, calm down.

“Soojung-ah”, Grandfather called, “Can I trust you to be the next family’s inheritor ?”

“Inheritor ? Me ?”, I asked back, confusedly.

“You know my time’s not long. It’s only a short time until I left this family*. Then if I wasn’t here, who will have this family’s inheritance ? I can only trust you since I know you are the only family member who are suitable to be the inheritor. You can even protect yourself and this family, without even risking someone’s life. Please be the inheritor. I trusted you. And please survive until the end. Do something different than me”

(*Left this family also mean die)

“But, Grandfather, I can’t be like you !”

“You can. I know you can. That’s why I trusted you”

“But, Grandfa-“

“It’s okay if you don’t answer it now. You can think it for a while. I believe you will make the right decision”

Grandfather’s word kept me speechless. I kept thinking what should I do and what will happen if I do it. It’s confusing for me.

Since that day, I was always quiet even at the campus.

Life’s getting more complicated than it was.

What can I do right now ? Nothing. I can’t do nothing. Except for being the family’s inheritor.

“Krystal ya. What happened ? You’ve been dazing of for hours”, Victoria said.

“Huh, I didn’t”, I replied.

“As expected, the ice princess, huh”

“What ?”

“Nope. But you know, you’re really lucky to be the family member from the Jung family, huh. Money everywhere. Here and there”

I glared at Victoria, with my cold glare.

I hated people if they talk about the family status. She was none other than those people. She was also one of the people who set their eyes on money. The want of the money can be seen from her eyes.

Every people is your enemy, except for your family. You’ll never know who’s targeting your life. Be careful.

I can’t have any friends because of those words my Dad had said before.

Maybe they thought I was too cold and was too arrogant. But in reality, I was scared, just like my Grandfather once.

Can I be okay ? It’s still a question.

What I wanted was only one.

To save my family from danger.

Then one day…

“Krystal ya ! Are you okay ?”, Victoria asked.

“Why ? Am I looking not okay ?”, I asked back.

“I’m only worried”

Well, you looked happy if I’m not okay ? Such a jerk, a money-mania jerk.

I stood up from my seat and took my lunchbox.

As I walked, I felt that my feet were losing its energy and felt like I was about to fall down.

That moment, my head felt dizzy, and I couldn’t see anything in front.

I wondered that if Victoria was right.

And, suddenly…

*BAM*

---------------

Where am I ? Mom, Dad where are you ?

Mom ? Dad ? Is that you ?

Dad !!! Look out !!!

NOOO !!!!

Don’t kill him !!!

DAAAAAAAAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

“DAAAD !!!”, I screamed after woken up from my nightmare.

I sat on the bed, which I didn’t know why I ended up here, and held my head. It still hurts right now.

“I didn’t believe I just screamed”, I said, grumbling.

“Are you awake ?”

Someone seems to be here other than me. It’s a guy’s voice so it must be a guy.

I was surprised the moment I turned my head to the right. I didn’t realize he was by my side even though he was near.

“Who are you ?”, I asked.

“You didn’t remember me ?”, he asked back.

“I didn’t even know you”

“Wah… Soojung didn’t even remember me. Did you have an amnesia ?”

“And how the heck did you know my name ?”

“Well… I know you way before. Can’t you remember me ?”

“Who are you ?”

“Oh well… I’m Oh Sehun. You have a deal with me once”

“What ?!”

That was the start of my unpredictable fate.