Well That Backfired

Love Square

At least we can't scream at each other in here, Chanyeol thought as he entered the library.

He and Baekhyun decided to meet up at the library to start working on their science project together. He knew that Baekhyun was already waiting for him because his phone went off every other minute with a text from the annoyed blonde boy.

From: Dwarf
To: Chanyeol

I swear if you're not here in the next 10 seconds, I'm leaving.

Chanyeol looked at the text and chuckled at himself then decided to slow down his pace a bit just so he would arrive even later.


Baekhyun looked up from the table he was sitting at when he saw a certain giant walking towards him. An irritated expression came upon Baekhyun's face immediately.

"What took you so long?!"

"Why? Miss me already?" Chanyeol replied smugly as he took a seat across from the angry male.

"Where were you?" The shorter snapped at him. "You're so lucky," he said while turning his head to the side sassily. "I was two seconds from leaving you here."

Chanyeol smirked teasingly. "But you stayed, so you must not hate me as much as you make it seem."

Baekhyun scoffed. "E-excuse me." He flipped his hair before continuing. "But I loathe you, okay? Which is the reason why Ms. Lee decided to group us together."

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" Chanyeol inquired. "You suggested the project to her, maybe you suggested grouping up with me too." Chanyeol didn't know why but he just wanted to see how far he could push Baekhyun's buttons. Seeing the shorter male all flustered and tripping over his words amused him.

"W-what are you talking about! You cocky narcissistic bastard. Why would I ever want to waste any of my time on you!" Baekhyun's face burned red at what the tall boy was suggesting. "And I did not suggest this project to Ms. Lee."

Before Chanyeol could reply, they were being hushed by a librarian in wire rim glasses and a grey bun. She even threatened to kick them out.

They quieted down and resettled themselves in their seats. A few moments passed before Chanyeol broke the silence.

"You should learn how to whisper."

Baekhyun's eyes snapped to the giant male. "Well if you weren't late maybe I would need to-"

He was cut off by the same elderly librarian sending an angry glare their way.

"Ugh whatever. I don't even feel like working on this stupid project anymore," Baekhyun grumbled to himself as he started packing up his things.

"Baekhyun, wait," he called out as the shorter began to walk away. He turned around his eyebrows raised, signaling he wanted to hear what Chanyeol had to say.

"I'm sorry. Just stay, please." He asked while looking up at him through his bangs, making him look even more pitiful. "We need to work on this. I swear, I won't fool around again."

Baekhyun relaxed his face as he contemplated the situation. After a long minute, he decided that he cared about his grades more than he hated Chanyeol, but only by a little. Baekhyun sighed before returning to his seat.

"Fine, but only because you begged."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "I was not begging you."

"Really? Because you looked like this." Baekhyun clasped his hands together and pouted. In a mocking voice he said, "Oh master Baekhyun please stay. I need you for this project. I'll never get it done without you."

Despite Baekhyun's teasing words, Chanyeol's attention dropped to Baekhyun's pink pouting lips and felt his heart flutter and his stomach flip.

His lips look so shiny and soft..

Wait what?

Chanyeol shook out of his thoughts, turning away from the pouting boy. He cleared his throat before murmuring a "whatever."

Baekhyun didn't expect that reaction from his taunting gesture but decided to ignore it. Eventually they began working on their project. The air was silent, like how it should be in a library, only broken by the occasional question or suggestion.

Although Chanyeol looked like he was concentrated on his work, his head was somewhere else.

His damn lips...

Stealing looks at the blonde haired boy across from him, he remembered how he had looked earlier when he was all flustered and speechless. He began to think about how good Baekhyun would look if he was all flustered and speechless for another reason that Chanyeol didn't want to admit to himself. It may or may not include the image of Baekhyun lying in Chanyeol's bedsheets at home.

Chanyeol crossed his legs and tried to stop his thoughts from going in that direction.

you, Byun Baekhyun. you.

 

 

A/N: So i wrote this chapter a long time ago, like a year ago and I just realized i never posted it so here it is. I really don't know if i'm abandoning this story or not but i just updated it bc some of you in the comments begged me to lol