6

One Last Time


Chanyeol was getting fraustrated in confessing his love for Baekhyun since he can't find the right time to do so. There was once when he was about to give him the letter Baekhyun wrote to him but only to find out, he gave a brochure to a newly opened restaurant and ended up eating with Joonmyeon and paying everything they ordered.

Another time when Chanyeol took him for dinner so they could talk about his feelings for Baekhyun in the past till now. Chanyeol felt that this was the right time to do so only to be greeted by Joonmyeon when they pushed the door open. Joonmyeon has reserved the whole restaurant for a damn dinner date for the both of them which made Chanyeol  want to kill this bastard then and there. 

Another time when finally, Joonmyeon left for a business trip and finally Yeollie can be alone with Baekkie. They went to the playground, which is the perfect place for my confession, and hang out a bit. 

"Baek? I have something to tell you." Chanyeol said as he prepared the letter he took out from the bottle.

"yes?" Baekhyun answered. 

"I-" Chanyeol was cut off by Baekkie's loud scream.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" 

"What is it now?" Chanyeol said annoyed by how Imperfect the time Tao gave him.

"A bird poop landed on my head. EW EW EW EW EW!! I really need to wash up!" Baekhyun said. Chanyeol stood up and took his cap off and placed it on top of Baekhyun's head.

"I don't want others to laugh at you. I know you'll cry if that happens." Chanyeol said as Baekhyun smiled at him and walked towards Yeollie's apartment.

"I want you to be my best man." Baekkie said which took Chanyeol off gaurd. He wasn't expecting him to openly tell this to him.

"Why? are you getting married or something?" Chanyeol asked him only to remember that he said the same words when Baekhyun told him about being his best man.

"yup. In a month. I want you to be my wedding planner, photgrapher and videographer." Chanyeol smiled at him and nodded as they arrived at the apartment. 

Baekhyun went to the bathroom right away while Chanyeol hand-washed his cap on the sink. After placing his cap in the dryer, He went inside his room only to see Baekhyun reading the letter he made when he was still in Highschool.

"So you kept this huh." Baekhyun said, hair still damp, with only a towel covering his lower parts.

"No." Chanyeol said which made Baekhyun turn to face him.

"what do you mean?" Baekhyun said. Chanyeol's heart was beating faster and faster the moment he knew that he was going to tell him, plus Baekhyun's petite body.

"I just discovered that some weeks ago. I read it." Chanyeol said as Baekhyun started to pick his clothes and was ready to leave but Chanyeol blocked him.

"please hear me out." Chanyeol whispered that gave Baekhyun chills down to his spine. Baekhyun's heart started beating in a faster pace than before when he heard Chanyeol's serious voice. He stepped back and sat on Chanyeol's bed waiting for him to speak.

"I was a coward before. I thought you're not into this kind of relationship  I wanted us to have and I got scared of rejection so I decided not to tell you the truth." Chanyeol paused for a bit and kneeled in front of baekhyun.

"I love you Baek. I've always been In love with you." Chanyeol said. Baekhyun's heart sped up and his face turned red. Without a second thought, Chanyeol crashed his lips to Baekhyun and kissed him softly. Baekhyun's eyes slowly closed as he started running his hands from Chanyeol's neck, towards his hair and grabbing them slowly. Chanyeol stood up and slowly pushed the older to lie on the bed with him as he started giving love bites all over Baekhyun's chest. Baekhyun was indeed enjoying the moment he wanted to have with Chanyeol years ago. The moment when he realized that Chanyeol's on top of him, he slightly pushed the giant away from him.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked as Baekhyun started to put his boxers on.

"This is wrong. I'm getting married Chanyeol. We shouldn't have done this." Baekhyun said as he hurriedly put his clothes on.

"But.. I just told you.. I love you too Baekhyun. I know it's a bit sudden but-" Baekhyun interrupted him.

"You're too late to tell me that.  You should've found that years ago Yeolie but you didn't. I.. I moved on and I love Joonmyeon now." Baekhyun said but Chanyeol was to persistent to believe that.

"You're bluffing. I know you still love me Baek. I know you do. Quit it and just tell me the truth."  Chanyeol forcely pulled Baekhyun back to look him in the eyes.

"I told you. I don't love you like that anymore." Baekhyun said in a serious tone. Even though it came out from Baekhyun's mouth, Chanyeol still wants to make sure he doesn't love him anymore.

"Then I want you to look me in the eye and tell me.. Tell me that you don't love me the way you loved me back then anymore." Chanyeol said. Baekhyun breathed deeply before looking straight in Chanyeol's eyes and said the words Chanyeol wasn't expecting to hear after going back in time.

"I don't love you the way I loved you in the past. I've moved on and I love Joonmyeon now." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol was defeated. He could no longer change his fate. What's done has to be done. Tao's right. No matter what you do, you can't change what was bound to happen. Baekhyun marrying Joonmyeon is one of the things that's bound to happen. Chanyeol can't do anything about it but to accept it. Now that he knows he's bound to die Ten years from now, he can't also change that fact.

"I don't want to see you walking down that aisle again. I don't want to give your hand to that guy again. I don't want to see you kissing that guy again. So, better find someone else to do everything for you." Chanyeol said as he stormed out of his apartment, heading towards the place where he met Tao.

"Tao! Taaaaao! TAAAAAAAAAAAAO!!!!" Chanyeol shouted only to be poked by the person he wants to see right now.

"What's with all the noise?" Chanyeol grabbed his collar once again but he was still calm as ever.

"What now?" Tao asked.

"You told me you'd help me! You told me that if you could turn back time, I could be able to confess my feelings for him and I'll be the guy he'll marry right after! you told me-" Tao was getting impatient and pushed the giant away from him.

"yes. I told you I'd help you and yes! I already did. I gave you a chance to go back in time and confess to him. If his answer doesn't satisfy you, then you should've met cupid rather than me. I only hold the time in the world. Not people's feelings."  Tao explained. Chanyeol seemed to understand it that only made him sit on the ground and cry.

"but you also said you'd bring me to a perfect time where I could be able to tell him." Chanyeol was still at it and all Tao could do was to roll his eyes and flicked the giant's forehead.

"I did take you to a perfect time. You were able to confess right? see?" Tao said. Chanyeol was out of words so all he did was to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Tao asked but Chanyeol didn't respond.

"If commiting suicide is what you're going to do then you're just making my work easier. The earlier you die, the more people I get to play with." Tao said but Chanyeol wasn't really paying much attention to him. 

A month from now, they'll be married again and I can't do anything about it. 

A month from now, they'll be having the time of their lives again while here I am.. still being the same.. no.. I'm worst than before. I've been rejected. I've been dumped. He doesn't love me anymore. Should I move on? I think I can't. He's the only one that completes me. The only one that could make me happy for the rest of my life but here I am.. 

Come to think of it, not traveling back in time was far more better than this. At least I had a best friend but now, I have no one. He'll be married tomorrow without his bestfriend there to see him. I wish I had gone back when we were in Highschool or college. Maybe then we could be together. 

But I give up.. The more I try to change the past, the more screwed up I get. Maybe this is my real fate. Maybe I'm the bad guy in Baekhyun's life. Maybe that;s what I'm supposed to do, but I'm not doing it. Anything that makes Baekhyun happy.. makes me happy as well. 

I guess I'll just have to move on and forget all of this ever happened.. 

Might as wel write this down on the notebook he gave me..

Chanyeol said to himself while walking like a zombie back to his empty apartment. Good thing Baekhyun's gone, he said.