3

One Last Time
 

Chanyeol opened the blue box he took from one of the drawers in Baekhyun's room and saw a Blue notebook, a pen and an envelope under it. Chanyeol scanned the notebook and found a message at the end of the page that says,

Record your everyday experiences using this and let me read it after.

Chanyeol laughed at his childishness since he's not the type to write something that would risk his secrets to be exposed the moment someone would find this and read it. Chanyeol took the envelope behind it and opened it only to see a piece of paper with Baekhyun's message for him.

 

Dear Yeollie,

Since you're reading this, it must mean that me and Joonmyeon got married already. I can't believe I got married first before you. I thought you said you're going to marry the most wonderful person before I could when we were in highschool? Where's your big talk now? huh? haha! Just kidding. Anyway,  the reason why I'm writing this to you is that... I want to say that......

Thank you. Thank you for everything that you did to me. For all those days that I was crying because of so many hurtful events, you stayed beside me to comfort me. For all the times where I would have an audition for a role in a musical play, you were there to support me, and also for helping me in so many ways. Thank you so much Yeollie. To me, you're my hero! You were the best thing that ever happened to me, also to the point where I even confessed my love for you. I know you didn't want us to feel awkward with each other so you didn't brought it up again-

wait.. What confession? He said to himself not reading the rest of the letter and shoved it in his pocket. He got up and ran towards the door, taking his shoes and slipped it on before running out. He also found Baekhyun's Ahjumma on the way and just bowed at her shouting, "I'M SORRY! I'LL EAT DINNER WITH YOU NEXT TIME!" 

While he was running, he took the letter again and read it wishing there would be any clue to what kind of confession he did. He wanted to fly over to where they were at the moment but he couldn't just do that. They were really happy a while ago. He don't want to ruin it just because he figured out Baekhyun's little crush on him when they were in highschool. 

I remember how nervous I am from writing that letter to leaving it to our secret post that only you and I would know. I didn't bother checking it again  the day you didn't brought it up since I also don't want to ruin our friendship because of my unrequited love for you.-

Once again, he didn't finish reading and thought of every place they always go to back when they were still students. He thought hard enough and thought of a possible place they would go. The swing on the park near his hosue. They would always talk non-stop with each other about randomly everything they could tink of until it was time for them to go home. Chanyeol ran towards the swing and dug the hole they made a long time ago with his bare hands not minding the dirt that would stick on his clothes. He saw a bottle after digging up the hole and forcely pulled it up. He opened the bottle and slowly took the old paper that's been buried here for atleast six years now. Chanyeol shakingly opened the paper and there it was, Baekhyun's feelings when they were in highschool.

Dear Yeollie,

I'm really afraid of telling you this in person so I thought of this. I know you'll find this letter since you were the one who dug this hole and made it our secret place. We would always hang out here when we don't know what to do. Well.. I'm writing this because.. I wanted to say...

I like you.

Well..  come and talk to me about it if you want to know why, how or when it happened. Just ignore this letter if you don't feel the same way.. I'll think of it as a rejection so we could be like how we used to be.

With love,

Baekhyun

 

It felt like heaven and earth suddenly crushed him in between. He shouted, cried and punched anything he could see. No matter how hard it is, he didn't care. He can feel the physical pain but he can bear with it. It's the pain he felt inside of him that makes him weak and hurt. He was angry at himself for not checking their secret spot everyday. He was angry at himself for not noticing his sudden movements in the past. He was angry at himself for not telling him that he loved me back. He was in the middle of crying and shouting when he noticed, he was holding the envelope he received from Baekhyun a while ago. He rubbed his eyes and continued reading the last part he missed.

 

I didn't write this for you to feel guilty, but I'm writing this to thank you for being the Park Chanyeol I've known even after I've confessed my feelings for you back then. Now that Joonmyeon is here with me, you don't need to worry. I have moved on and now I love him like how I loved you. Stay healthy and don't get awkward with me after this okay? We're back to being best friends. I love you Yeollie! You will forever stay in my heart!

 

With love,

Baekhyunnie

 

After reading the last words of the letter, Chanyeol once again shouted and cursed himself in the middle of the night. the only good thing that happened is that  good thing there were no other people around but him. His hands stung when he punched the steel bar beside him again, leaving blood stains on it. He didn't bother what time is it already when silence filled the air. He wanted to cry more but he thought..

Crying won't make Baekhyun come back to me.. no.. He wasn't even mine in the first place. How would he come back? 

He began standing up and sat on the swing where they spent most of their time every after class in the past. He looked at the swing where Baekhyun always sit and would happily swing back and forth in a normal height. He hates it when Chanyeol pushes him harder. He laughed at the memory but the smile faded after. He was about to go when a certain guy came out of nowhere and stood beside the monkey bars. Chanyeol ignored him and continued walking but this guy suddenly spoke that took Chanyeol's attention.

"Are you Yeollie?" He asked. It took Chanyeol's full attention and looked at the guy with "what the ?" look.

"How do you know my nickname? Are you one of those stalkers that tries to threaten me? well I'm not in the mood to talk about business matters so please leave me alone." Chanyeol was about to walk further when the guy suddenly threw a pen and a blue notebook at him. Chanyeol was wondering how the hell did he take that.

"Did you just barged into Baekhyun's house? Don't tell me... What did you do to sunsaengnim?!" Chanyeol grabbed him by the collar but this guy seems to be unaffected.

"I did barge into that house but.. your sunsaengnim didn't saw me.. I'm not a stalker but you can call me... Tao." He said. Chanyeol didn't trust this Tao guy and was about to punch him but Tao spoke soon before he could hurt him.

"Before you do that, I might as well give you an option.  I'll help you with your problem right now-" Chanyeol cuts him off by saying "no one can help me with my problem now."

"Don't underestimate me my friend. I can help you or should I say, I'm the only one who can help you." Tao said. Chanyeol was a bit interested on where will this conversation take him so he went further.

"How can you help me then?" Chanyeol asked releasing Tao from his tight grip.

"I can take you to the time where you could be able to confess your feelings, at the perfect time." Tao Said.