Chapter 8 - Earth to Kim Seokjin!!

One out of Two (On Hold)

First of all, sorry for being a lazy bum. Not updating for long lol. Sorry. I have a reason tho. My laptop is busted. I have actually finished writing 4 chapters lol. I typed this on an ipad so please bear with wrong spelling if there are any 

/sobs


The bell signalling dismissal resonates along the hallways of the campus, making the students and teachers alike more than happy. Two out of thousands of students however, have mixed feelings about the sound they hear. One of them is Kim Taehyung, who purposely organizes his things in an awfully slow manner. He intentionally pulls out everything inside his bag (he actually even spreads out the contents of his pencil case) before putting them again inside his bag neatly. His classmates throw confused looks at him whenever they pass along his seat.

"Hyung!"

Taehyung's head jerked up as a familiar voice seem like to call for him.

"Oh, Jungkook-ah"

The said boy rushes to him, effectively knocking down the books left on his table, weirdly to Taehyung's delight.

"Want to go have fun with me?" The vice president asks enthusiastically . Taehyung hesitates to answer not because he does not want to be with the younger, but because he cannot really have fun when other things are bugging him and will just spoil the fun of his friend.

"Sorry Kookie,but I can't go with you. I'm kind of not feeling well. Sorry." 

Jungkook's expression changes from excited to worried as he tells Taehyung to quickly and safely go home and rest. The younger even insists on taking him home but the latter, again, turns down the offer for he doesn't want the other's fun to be ruined because of his lie.

This doesn't go unnoticed by a certain someone though, who also dreads the sound of the bell earlier.

 

 

It takes thirty minutes for Taehyung to thouroughly organize his things and thus, he is left alone in their room. As his eyes wander around the room, Taehyung then sees someone sleeping on his desk and Taehyung freezes because everything from the male is familiar. The way the hair is styled neatly feels familiar. The broad shoulders are familiar. Jinnie?

The president covers his mouth with his palm. I did not just call him that, right?

Taehyung then scribbles something on a sticky pad and puts it on a space on the desk unoccupied by the sleeping Seokjin before he heads out of the classroom.

I'm heading home now. You should go home soon too! Sorry I did not wake you up. Take care. -KTH

 

As he heads home, Taehyung feels that indeed, he is sick. He curses himself for jinxing it earlier and mumbles to himself about something like "be careful on what I wish for ". He then grips his bag tighter and struggles to reach his house.

He is just a few meters away from the school when he suddenly felt weak. The gentle blow of the wind feels terribly cold to him and mumbles again to himself abut bringing a jacket next time. The bag becomes heavy for him even though he has already put the majority of his things into his locker.

He is about to place his backpack in front when he loses his grip on his bag, causing it to fall on the floor. The boy is about to pick it up when a hand shoots from his side, taking the bag.

"I'll bring this." Seokjin says as he stands up and slings the said backpack on his shoulder, resuming on his way with his bike in tow.

"Y-Yah Kim Seokjin! Where are you going? Give me back my bag!" Taehyung shouts, his voice cracking because of his condition.

The said male stops on his tracks and turns around to face him. Taehyung immediately looks at the ground the moment Seokjin's eyes met his. He then looks up when he hears footsteps coming near him.

"Tae, I'm taking you home." 

The younger's  heart leaps as he stared at the handsome male in front of him. How could the other say that cooly, as if it is just nothing? He looks at Seokjin and as usual, his blank and okay, handsome face welcomes him. 

"You are sick, Tae. Just be a good boy and ride the bike."

The younger reluctantly obeys and carefully hops on the bike. Seokjin smiles inwardly, careful to hide his smile from Taehyung. How can he be so cute by just doing simple things?

The duo then head to the younger's home with Taehyung on the bike and Seokjin pushing the vehicle from the side with his left arm slung around Taehyung's waist but with both of his hands pushing the vehicle. They are silent all through the trip, both of them avoiding each other's eyes. 

Taehyung shivers when the wind blows slightly just as when they are halfway there. Seokjin halts, takes off his blazer and puts it around Taehyung's shoulder, protecting him from the wind. The latter buries his face on the blazer to conceal his blush only to blush even more as the piece of clothing smells like the older. The fact that Seokjin is nearly hugging him while pushing the vehicle is not helping either. 

Just then, Taehyung hears soft pants from Seokjin, maybe to hide from Taehyung the fact that he is getting tired. He puffs his cheeks and decides that they can use a break for a while.

"Jin~, we could stop for a while... Please take a rest." 

The other indeed stops but then looks at him with wide eyes. "Could you repeat the name you called me?"

That is when the president realizes that he has used the nickname he used to call the older way, way back then. He bites his lower lip and avoids the older's gaze. 

"Tae," Seokjin calls and the younger stiffens. "Please look at me." 

Taehyung slowly turns his head and the elder's hopeful eyes greeted his.

"Please call me that again."

The younger does his infamous squeak which, to Seokjin, is very adorable he might squeak as well. Taehyung nervously looks at Seokjin when the wind blows again. The air feels surprisingly heavy for Taehyung but snaps out of his trance when his eyes met Seokjin's again.

"Jin.."

Seokjin's gaze softens which makes Taehyung feel light headed. The younger suddenly feels a rush of emotions inside him; the rush too sudden that he cannot tell which is which. He feels a hand ruffle his hair as Seokjin laughs.

"You're still as adorable as ever TaeTae." Seokjin smiles at him softly. "Shall we get going?"

The president gives a shy nod and hurriedly buries his face on the older's blazer. Seokjin gives out a soft chuckle and gives Taehyung's hair a ruffle before he pushes the bicycle again.

 

The two finally arrived in front of the younger's home as soon as the dark blue sky turns black. Myungsoo appears on the front door the moment both of them reach the house.

"Yah Kim Taehyung." His older brother hurries to the said boy when he sees Taehyung looking pale.  He touches his brother's forehead then proceeds to wiping his brother's sweat as a frown slowly etches on his face. Myungsoo turns to give Seokjin a what-the-hell-happened look but the boy just answers with a shrug then shifts his attention back to Taehyung. However, Myungsoo doesn't miss the look of concern Seokjin is giving to his brother just now. "What happened to you?" 

"Hyung, I just felt sick all of a sudden. I really don't know why. Please don't be angry." Taehyung says, looking down while fiddling on the hem of his uniform.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry Taehyungie." Myungsoo then turns to Seokjin after he ruffles his brother's hair. "I'm leaving Taehyungie here with you for five minutes. Just five." He goes back to Taehyung again, giving him a smile. "I'll be going in now.

Taehyung replies with a soft nod as he carefully slides down the bike, Seokjin assisting him. His eyes follows Myungsoo, making sure that his brother is already inside the house before turning to face Seokjin. He lets out a soft gasp when he catches the older already looking at him, staring even. The chestnut-haired male looks like he is in a trance and fortunately snaps out of it after Taehyung blows air on his face.

For Seokjin, it is not just a blow on the face. In fact, what made him return back to Earth was not the sudden gush of wind nor the barrage of spit that landed on his face, but the younger's puckered lips.

Those irresistible and adorable lips that brought me back to Earth. The redness, plumpness and the way it puckered... makes me want to kiss him.

And that is when Seokjin arrives back on Earth, stays with his Taehyungie for five minutes, parts with a kiss on the cheeks from the younger, and comes home hurriedly with little Seokjin, standing high and proud, wanting to be noticed.