Chapter 6 - The Way Home (MyungJong centered)

One out of Two (On Hold)

Sungjong widens his eyes after hearing what Myungsoo had said and waves his hand frantically in the air, as if dismissing the offer. He immediately takes a step back and takes hold of the knob.

“N-no,” He stutters, hands shuffling towards the door knob. “I’m f-fine on my own Myungsoo-ssi. Just take care of your b-brother and be safe on the way home.”

Sungjong flashes an apologetic smile and immediately closes the door as he saw the cold-eyed guy walk towards him. But as they say, the fates really want to play with people’s lives. Sungjong trips on his way down and is about to fall. He closes his eyes and readies himself for the painful encounter when he felt something or rather someone grip on his wrist, thus preventing him from falling. He feels himself being hoisted up and when he opened his eyes, they doubled in size as the sight of a worried Myungsoo greets him.

“Tsk. You’re clumsy,” Myungsoo says, his grip on Sungjong tightening. The latter, however, feels his heart beat faster as the hold on his wrist gets tighter. “Let’s just go home, okay?”

The younger doesn’t reply and Myungsoo just took it as a ‘yes’ as he carefully dragged Sungjong down the stairs. However, the expression on Sungjong’s face remained the same as they go down the stairs. He feels his cheeks heat up and can’t help but to bite his lips as they make their way to downstairs. Sungjong fights his urge to squeal. What the hell Lee Sungjong?! Get a grip of yourself.

Okay, so what if he has a teeny tiny crush on the guy? Myungsoo is kind, caring and dependable; not to mention handsome. Myungsoo is just way too handsome. But for Sungjong, looks are just bonus attributes. He is sure he admires Myungsoo’s face but what he admires more is that the older actually cared for him. Speaking of that, he is actually wearing the scarf Myungsoo (in the way of Taehyung, of course) gave him at the convenience store.

It is rather cold but Sungjong can feel himself sweating as he noticed his forehead become damp. Myungsoo must have noticed that Sungjong is getting uncomfortable so he decided to stop for a while. The older notices the damp forehead and so, swipes Sungjong’s face of the sweaty hair.

“Is he like this to everybody else?” Sungjong thinks to himself. But then he realizes one thing: of course Myungsoo is. The said guy is very handsome and must have been accustomed of taking care of things like this. Many girls must have been pretending to be in distress which Myungsoo must have encountered in the past. The thought makes Sungjong lose his spirits as he lets out a loud sigh, not noticing that Myungsoo have been staring at him for a while now.

The other chuckled as his eyes stay glued to Sungjong. The younger must not have noticed that he voiced out what he had been thinking, but Myungsoo can’t help to wonder about the reason behind Sungjong’s sigh.

“No, I’m not.” Myungsoo answers, which startled Sungjong. The older of the two smirks at the latter’s confused face and tries hard to prevent a chuckle from coming out his mouth. “I’m not like this to everybody else.”

“W-wha—H-how did you…”

“Silly,” Myungsoo smiles, effectively making Sungjong’s heart skip a beat. “Just take that as an answer.”

“O-okay?” Sungjong gulps, his face getting redder. But then, he suddenly remembers a thought of his when he is on his way trailing Myungsoo. “B-but, Myungsoo-ssi?”

“Hmm?” The elder hums, cocking his head a little as if to say: Yah, what’s wrong?

“You must really love your brother, no?” Sungjong says, a small smile forming on his lips. “From caring gestures to the immediate responses, I can definitely tell that you really love Taehyung-ssi.”

Myungsoo chuckles, his eyes finally catching sight of their car. “I guess I really do. He’s got nobody but me.”

Sungjong tilts his head in a way that he doesn’t appear to be questioning or more like, invading their privacy but whatever. “To strangers, you must look like a couple.”

Both of them stop on their tracks. The younger’s eyes widen and brings up his left hand to cover his mouth. Stupid Sungjong. What did you just say? Myungsoo just stands there, staring at the ground for the longest time ever while his hand still grips at Sungjong securely.

“I’m sorry. I never meant it to look that way.” Myungsoo says, his head still bowed down.

“U-uh… N-no!” Sungjong frees his hand from Myungsoo and waves his hands frantically in the air. “T-that’s not what I mean…”

The older of the two just chuckles and ruffles the hair of Sungjong. “Pabo.”

Sungjong can swear he feels his heart stop a beat for a while there. His eyes widen at the act of the other and then Sungjong lets out a forceful cough. It is obvious that it is a fake though, Myungsoo doesn’t mind. This must be the way for the other to relieve the awkwardness.

“Why don’t we hurry up and let you return back to work, hm?” Myungsoo suggests, his hands having securely grasped Sungjong’s. He dragged the younger out and near the car. That is when Sungjong started to fidget. Myungsoo, being the gentleman he is, asks Sungjong if there is something wrong but he what he gets is a Sungjong who is biting his loer lip adorably, probably ashamed of one thing.

“Uhm, the thing is…” Sungjong trails off, but decides to continue anyway. “I already told my boss that I would be leaving work early and that I would just make up for it tomorrow.”

“Why’d you do that? Aish, this kid.” Myungsoo flicks Sungjong’s forehead, the latter wincing in pain afterwards.

“It’s because I saw you speeding up like crazy, you older dimwit.” Sungjong says with a pout. Myungsoo, on the other hand, chuckles in disbelief over the fact that he had just been called a dimwit by someone younger. He then shakes his head and what he did completely shocks the younger. He pecked him on the cheeks.

“Well thank you then.” He says and goes up the building again to get his brother and Kim Seokjin, leaving a furiously blushing and confused Sungjong behind.

 

 

 

Seokjin stares at the sleeping president in his arms as he carries Taehyung bridal style. He kind of wanted to admit; he got scared by Myungsoo earlier. He seriously thought that it was going to be the end of him, him getting beaten up by Myungsoo. But everything that happened was the complete opposite. Myungsoo was just scary when he speaks but he really is gentle and kind enough to no jump into any hasty conclusions. Other brothers might have punched him in the face the moment they reached him but Myungsoo was just different. Totally different.

“What exactly did happened before Taehyung had his attack? I need it in full detail, Seokjin.” Myungsoo asks, startling Seokjin and putting him out of his deep thought.

“Honestly, I’m not there when it started Myungsoo—“

“Hyung. You can call me hyung.”

Seokjin stops and blinks at Myungsoo for 2 good seconds before resuming on his walk as he does not forget to clear his throat before he continued.

“The truth is I am really not there when Taehyung started to have the struggle, hyung. I got there because I saw people cramped up in a small space like the stairs and I thought that it must have been important for them to crowd in such a cramped space. Anyways, I just knew it was Taehyung when I caught one of the whispers of those gossiping es – sorry for my word – saying that it might have been connected to what happened yesterday. Then I just saw Taehyung there and he looked struggling that’s why I brought him up to the rooftop. I didn’t do anything, I swear.” Seokjin explains to Myungsoo as he shifted Taehyung from side to side.

“Thanks. It’s been a while since he had that attack.” The other mumbles, his hands on both pockets and eyes looking down the road. He sees a small rock and kicked it not too hard, careful not to hurt anyone in the process.

“Can you tell me exactly what’s this attack you are talking about, hyung?” Seokjin smiles to himself as he said ‘hyung’ in a not-too-awkward way.

“As much as I want to tell you, I believe it is Taehyung’s decision to make whether he will tell this matter to you or not.”

Seokjin then looks at the boy in his arms. Taehyung is resting there comfortably but Seokjin doesn’t miss the frown on Taehyung’s face. He tried to loosen it but when he moved his hand, he realizes he can’t because of the way he carries Taehyung.  

They finally reached Myungsoo’s car and what Seokjin sees is the feminine-looking boy looking shocked to see them as he blushed hard. Myungsoo, who was just beside him, chuckles at the sight and just goes straight to the driver’s seat. Sungjong, who was extremely flustered, fumbles at the knob of the car door. Myungsoo sees this and goes out of the car, opening the door for Sungjong and Seokjin but Seokjin can’t just miss how Sungjong blushed at the close proximity of Myungsoo. He chuckles from behind, earning a look from Myungsoo.

The ride home won’t be bad I think.

 

 

Sungjong is quiet the whole ride and he has no one to blame but the man beside him who just glanced at him. He sees Myungsoo smirk afterwards and Sungjong just can’t help the blush coming up his cheeks. Oh, if only he could see how red he was already.

He then looks at the back and saw the two boys sleeping adorably; Myungsoo’s brother resting his head on the shoulder of the other guy whose head is on top of Myungsoo’s brother. Aww, they look cute together, he says to himself.

After 5 minutes, they arrive at Sungjong’s workplace only to be greeted by the ‘closed’ sign and turned off lights.

“I guess this is where I have to go out of the car.” Sungjong says as he unbuckles his seatbelt, only to be pushed back by Myungsoo and get his seatbelt buckled again.

“No, you have to tell me where your house is. There’s no way I’m leaving you here alone.”

And that makes Sungjong flush red and speechless. That is also how they end up in front of his apartment.

“This is really the time I’m getting off. Bye and thank you, Myungsoo-ssi.” Sungjong says it quickly and unbuckles his seatbelt. He hurriedly opens the door and he goes for a run to his apartment door. But then, he hears the car door opening and that makes him rummage his bag for his key.

“Leaving without a ‘Good Night’, hm? You younger dimwit.”

That is when Sungjong feels himself being spun around and faces a poker-faced Myungsoo. “I—I… sorry. Good night Myungsoo-ssi.”

Myungsoo leans forward and Sungjong cannot do anything but close his eyes, anticipating deep inside. But his anticipation dies down as he feels chills on his spine when he hears Myungsoo’s voice that just dropped an octave lower. “Good night, Jongie.” He then pecks Sungjong’s cheeks again and turns to his car.

Sungjong just stands there, dumbfounded by what just happened.

It’s okay Sungjong. You got all the time tomorrow to think what just happened. No, you have the time today because work will be busier. Aish, I’m literally dying here, Kim Myungsoo.

And yes, he didn’t get any sleep that night.


Okay sorry for not updating in a long time and giving you this . I'm sorry I got sick for 2 weeks and being the school club president is hard. I'm sorry. I hope I can make it up to you next time.