Chapter 4 - Maybe. Just Maybe.

One out of Two (On Hold)

Taehyung puffs his cheeks as he sits at a bench, waiting for a bus to get him home. Jungkook has left already 30 minutes ago after getting a call from his kind-of-angry mother; saying that he isn’t a good son for staying late and all that. They laugh about it before they parted ways and the president still snickers at that moment, even though the boy already left him.

He fists his hand though, to prevent hi m from laughing even more but he is actually surprised to find that he is holding the ‘problem notebook’. Taehyung can’t actually remember when he does put it out because all he remembers is them talking about Seokjin (the falling-in-love thing. Taehyung rolls his eyes at the thought) and of course, Jungkook’s mother.

The president stares at the notebook as he lets the wind turn the pages freely. He then raises one of his eyebrows as the notebook flips past more than half of it. This is not a big deal though, but seeing that more than half of the notebook is written with things makes Taehyung feel uneasy. He doesn’t recall any event that he has been writing past half of the page. Is he unconsciously writing stuff? Or is it that Seokjin has already done so much that it already makes it past half? Well, he can’t know unless he sees, so he starts reading from the middle where he remembers him writing stuff.

Just then, he hears a bicycle’s wheel rolling and a ring that only bicycles have. Taehyung, without reason, looks up from the notebook just to see the bicycle. He, however, covers his mouth as he lets out a surprised gasp when he saw the guy riding the bicycle; who, at that time, stops in front of him.

“Hey.”

Taehyung unconsciously squeaks as he hears the voice of the guy. He immediately turns his head to look away as the guy blinks at him.

“Seokjin,” he nods, still looking away. “What are you doing here during this time? It is already late. Go home.”

Seokjin’s lips quirks into a smile. However, he quickly alters his expression into blank when Taehyung turns his head to finally look at him, face a little bit flushed.

“I’m on my way home. What are you doing here?” Seokjin throws the question back at the president who bits his lip after hearing the thrown back question.

“I’m waiting for the bus. It’s supposed to—”

Seokjin, however, ignores his answer as the guy walks towards him, stopping as he reaches Taehyung.

“It is late,” Taehyung hears Seokjin chuckling which urges him pout. Seokjin who, perhaps, has seen his pouting face puts his hand at the president’s head, ruffling his hair. Taehyung, who seems surprised, looks up at Seokjin.

“Want me to take you home?”

Padum. Padum. Padum.

The two of them stare at each other as if the world stopped. Taehyung can’t hear the cars’ wheels zooming through the road, the cat’s meows (this one is beside him all along), and the sound of everything. All he hears is the loud thumping sound in his chest that resonates all throughout his entire body. Seokjin, on the other hand, looks the same with his blank expression and blinking eyes. Both of them could have stared at each other more but Taehyung’s ringtone wakes them up from their trance. Both look away from each other; Seokjin clearing his throat and Taehyung answering the phone.

“He—“

“Where the hell are you, Kim Taehyung?!”

Damn. It is his brother. He must have been frustrated at him for not coming home at this time of the day.

“Myungsoo-hyung, I’m just waiting for the bus to reach this stop. I’m—“

“What?! Don’t you know that all buses are on strike at this hour? Something about fare increase. Where on earth are you?”

He is about to answer but Myungsoo cuts him off before he could open his mouth. “And don’t freaking lie to me about this.”

Taehyung turns to Seokjin, but he can’t help to feel disappointed at the sight of the guy leaving him. Wait, wasn’t he supposed to give me a ride home?

 “I’m at…” he stops to look around, contemplating on where he is. He then becomes panicked as he can’t recognize where he is.

It is one of his problems. He walks and walks and walks until he gets to somewhere and when he observes his surroundings, crap he doesn’t know. This already occurred several times at the past and most of the time, he is being picked up by his brother. Probably now, that is what’s likely to happen. Hopefully.

“I’m…” Taehyung stops speaking as he notices his voice become shaky. He can also feel tears filling the brim of his eyes and makes an effort to wipe it before anything comes out. “I’m…”

He then hears a loud sigh of concern and worry from the other line. “Taehyung, okay calm down. I’ll go get you. Now, don’t cry okay?” a pause and some ruffling sounds echoes. “Okay, describe what you see at your left, right, front and everywhere. Just say something that helps me find you. Okay? Don’t… Aish. Stop crying. Please?”

“Y-yes, hyung,” Taehyung looks to his left and is about to tell what he sees, but he slightly squints his eyes to verify if what he sees is right. And after being verified, he fights the urge to drop his phone in surprise as Seokjin approaches him in blinding speed, riding a bicycle and grabbing his phone once the other reaches him.

“Hi. I’m Kim Seokjin, a friend of Taehyung. I found him here in front of the convenient store near my home. I am here to tell you to not worry. I’ll take Taehyung home myself.” And he ended the call.

That leaves Taehyung’s mouth wide open as he lets himself get dragged by Seokjin. They make their way past the honking cars to the other side of the road where Seokjin’s bicycle sits elegantly. He feels himself being hoisted up the passenger’s end of the bicycle and a second later, his world speeds up. He hugs Seokjin firmly to prevent him from falling. The other, who noticed the president trembling at his back, slows down his pedaling. Without Taehyung noticing, Seokjin’s lips slowly curve into an amused smile.

Taehyung’s grip on Seokjin tightens as they progress towards the younger’s house. The younger buries his face against the other’s back as Seokjin ignores how tired he is, keeping his pedaling steady. He tries his best not to let the president know that he is getting tired, even though he can feel his body giving up any moment later.

Taehyung is not oblivious that Seokjin is getting tired. He can feel the elder’s heavy breaths each time he pedals. He somewhat hints Seokjin earlier to stop for a while but it is clear to him that the other doesn’t want to. So, he tells Seokjin to stop for a while, telling him he is getting nauseous even if he really is not. Thankfully, Seokjin obliges as he considers the president’s state.

The younger climbs off the bicycle and takes out the water jug from earlier morning (the one he told Seokjin to put on his swollen cheek) and a roll of clean towel from his bag. He then hands them to Seokjin, who is panting covertly as to not let Taehyung know. The president nudges Seokjin by his elbow and smiles warmly as the other turns to him.

Seokjin, however, is about to say ‘no, thanks’ and maybe, just maybe, Taehyung can sense it because he puts a finger on the elder’s lips, cutting whatever he will say. The president opens the water jug and forces Seokjin’s hand to hold it.

“Who says I need to get there fast?” Taehyung chuckles as he wipes Seokjin’s face of sweat. “Take your pace, Jin. Myungsoo-hyung would not be angry.”

After maybe 5 minutes of rest, Seokjin insists Taehyung that they shall get going. And all throughout their ride, Taehyung buries his face again against Seokjin’s back and hugs him tightly.

Maybe, just maybe, I could like you, Jin. Maybe I could.

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo paces in front of their doorway, waiting for that Seokjin to bring Taehyung home. He knows he gave his trust easily but why doubt if his brother talks about the guy 24/7 every time? ‘Seokjin this and Seokjin that’, Myungsoo got tired one day, but he feigns interest just to let Taehyung pour out his bottled feelings.

Of course he knows about his brother’s mental illness. He knows what his bastard uncle did to Taehyung. He knows all about it and he feels nothing but remorse and apologetic for not being there when Taehyung needed him the most.

Myungsoo cried that time when he saw Taehyung shivering in fear. He couldn’t take it to see his beloved brother taken advantage of when he was weak. That’s why whenever he hears Taehyung cry, or even sob, his emotions will immediately be replaced with care and worry, even if he is awfully angry.

His phone rings a special ringtone for Taehyung and he immediately scoops his phone from his pocket to see the message. He is a bit relieved when his brother sent him a message saying that he is okay and that they just have to stop at a nearby fast food chain to grab dinner. Myungsoo looks up at the black-blue sky and sighs deeply. It’s cold; he thinks to himself and re-wraps his scarf around his neck. He then decides to go to a convenience store for dinner as he says to himself: “Dinner outside is not bad”.

Myungsoo enters the convenience store and the cute little sound of the bells rings once he takes step inside the store. He looks around for something to eat and his eyes catch sight of a burger and juice. After getting what he wants (he adds a strawberry-flavored ice cream gallon. Taehyung loves it), he starts to walk to the counter but immediately stops. The guy at the counter is feminine-looking and is rubbing his hands together before blowing air into them. He must have been cold, Myungsoo thinks.

He shakes his head and proceeds to the counter to pay. The cashier looks up to him and bows. “G-good evening, sir. Is this all?”

Myungsoo is shocked to hear an almost feminine voice too. Is he really a boy? Damn. Again, he shakes his head.

“Yes. How much is it?”

“It’s 5000₩ all in all.”

Myungsoo hands him the cash and when their hands brush, he felt the boy’s cold hands. He also saw that the boy is shaking as he bags Myungsoo’s items. Sighing, Myungsoo removes his scarf and proceeds to wrap it around the boy’s neck.

The boy, however, seems shocked by Myungsoo’s actions because he stops what he is doing. Myungsoo just gives him a smile and looks at his nameplate.

“Well, now you’re warm, Sungjong.” 

~*~*~

Kyaaaaa!

Okay. I just got inspired and started to think of updating. VOILA! 

Finally, Myungsoo and Singjong appeared. Even though it's a small part only XD

So.... tell me what you think? Thank you guysss >:)<

 

potatopuppy