Chapter 12

A Chance of Fate

★Chapter 12★

When GuiGui reached home, she saw that her parents are having their dinner. She slowly walked up to her father before saying, "Dad, I'm home. I've already taken my dinner outside because I forgot bout dinner at home. I'm sorry."

Seeing that her father kept quiet bout the dinner, Guigui took out the script from her bag before saying again. "Dad, There's someone who asked me to act in a drama today. This is the script, you see it I should agree to it."

"With who?" her father asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Aaron Yan Ya Lun. Do you know him?" Guigui replied.

Guigui's mother laughed before saying, "Xiao Jie, do you think your father only knows about work? Of course he knows Aaron."

Guigui smiled back and say, "Dad, I've looked through the script and my part wouldn't be very long. And, I will be acting as Aaron's ex-girlfriend and she won't be a bad person."

Her dad remain silent for a few minutes before replying, "Okay, do as you please."
"Really?! Didn't you say that the showbiz isn't a good place?"Gui cried out excitedly.

"Well..take it as an experience to see it for yourself then." her dad smiled.
"Thanks dad! Dad, mum, enjoy your meal. I will go up to my room first!" Gui replied and hurried to her room.

As soon as Guigui is in her room, she signed in to her MSN account before seeing that Kelly had left her a message, "Guigui, how is it? Did your father agree to it?" Gui smiled again before typiing, "Don't worry Kelly. My dad is old-fashioned, but this time, he actually agreeed!"

"That's great! I will send you Aaron's msn account to you later. Though you two are in the same school, he will often miss a few days of school. So if there's anything you don't now, just send him a message to his account. Also, your role has been fixed now and the only thing to do now is to inform the reporters about it. Jiro will also be in this drama, and the reporters will surely ask questions about the two of you. Answer carefully but leave most of the questions to Jiro as he has more experience in handling them." Kelly replied.

"Okay!" Gui typed back.

"Then I won't disturb you anymore. This is Aaron's MSN (*********) Start practising your lines tonight! (: " Kelly typed again before signing off.

After Guigui have read through the script, she felt sad for the character she's playing. Just then, her mum came in and said, "Xiao Jie, you'e been in the room for so long, come have some fruit." Guigui nodded before getting out of her bed and walked to her table. "Hey! Xiao Jie, why are your eyes so red? Are crying? Is anyone bullying my precious little baby?"

"NO~ Mum, of course not. Its just that I'm sad for my role in this drama after reading through it." Guigui replied.

Gui's mum heaved a sigh of relief before letting out a chuckle, "Been into your character so fast, huh?"
 Guigui laughed, "Mom, stop teasing me!"

Her mum stopped laughed and turn serious, "Ying Jie ah, this is your first time acting and though mun doesn't know much about the showbiz, I just want to remind you that it isn't France in here. People aren't that open-minded and you should learn to get use to it. Also, the reporters here like to write things that they like, no matter what you might think. When you are acting, the director might be unpleased with something that you do and scold you, but you must learn to accept critics and improve. Do you understand?"

Guigui listened with wide eyes before saying, "Yes, I understand. Thanks mum."

After her mum left her room, Guigui started to looked up on the internet to find out more about the drama. The drama is call <>. Gui think that it is the weirdest title she has ever heard before for a drama. Also the character has exactly the same name as her, did the writers can't think of a name or something? In this drama, there are also a lot of characters! One moment the guy loves that girl, the other second falling in love with another one!

'Hmm, seems that this drama is very complicated. But I'm fine with my character though. Hey...wait! The script says that I will have to have a kiss scene with Aaron!' Gui thought to herself before grabbing the scripts to have a second look. 'Luckily its just a peck on the lips for 5 seconds. But... the fortune teller told me that I can't give away my first kiss before I'm 20 if not I will not be able to get married. But I'm going to be 20 soon..' Gui continued her thoughts.

As Guigui lied on her bed, she's suddenly reminded of the sunrise she watched with Aaron. She tossed and turned, trying to get some sleep but the more she tries, the more the scene of her and Aaron came to her mind.

====================================================================================

Author's Notes: HI~ I am sorry cos of this late update. Because I'm overseas and cannot have internet connection to this site. But there is now, though I'm still overseas but at a different location. I will be updating tmr morning. Sorry! (: