chapter 3

Casting for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sure, let's go." Tao pulls me along. What is it with these guys? Do I look like a girl who likes getting pulled around? I yank my hand free and keep them at my sides. Tao just keeps walking, looking back from time to time to see if I am still there.


"How was I? I look good on photos, right?" Darn, that smirk. I grumble something and shake my head, a complete lie. Tao just grins and keeps walking, brushing my hand from time to time. We finally reach the bathroom and I rush in, after double checking that it was the woman restroom. I come back out, seeing Tao leaning on the wall, waiting.
"So, you like Chanyeol?" He asks. I roll my eyes and start walking.
"Hey! I asked you a question!" A hand pulls on my hand.


"I chose not to answer." I reply. Tao glares at me, annoyed.


"Kelsa!" I turn around. A boy is standing at the end of the hallway, waving like crazy. Everything about him is familiar. I remember the feeling of his arms around me. The way his laugh chimed.


"Kelsa! Please listen to me."


"Come on." I begin walking away, looking back to see if Tao noticed. He just stood there, looking back and forth between me and the boy.
"Come on!" I grab his hand and begin running. The footsteps behind us also quicken. Tao runs ahead of me, his long legs carry him further. But he does not let go of my hand and leads me through a maze of hallways. Finally the pursuing footsteps stop. Tao opens a door and the two of us hide in a little storage room full of buckets and mops.


"Who was that?" Tao asks. I hold up a finger, signaling to wait. My breaths were coming out in short gasps. I hate running.


"My ex boyfriend decided to give me a surprise visit." I finally say.


"Boyfriend?" Tao asks.


"Ex boyfriend." I reply, annoyed that I have to repeat myself.


"Why did you break up?" Why was he so nosy?


"He just wasn't the right one." I mutter.


"Ooooh, don't tell me that Kelsa is a hopeless romantic." Tao teases, and pinches my cheek. I slap his hands away and frown.


"I was just being realistic! Why continue when I already see the end, right?" Tao shakes his head, disagreeing with me.


"What if there is still hope? You shouldn't just throw a relationship in the sand." I roll my eyes, ending the discussion.


"Kelsa!" I tense up, hearing his voice outside. He passes us, running down the hallway.


"So why is he still following you?" Tao asks. I shrug.

 

"He didn't really take the break up very well. He was already talking about kids and marriage. Maybe that scared me a little. We were only 15 then!"


"You were 15? So he still isn't over you, after 2 years?" Tao is flabbergasted.


"How do you know how old I am?" I ask. He glances down at me.


"Your auditioning sheet." He replies.


"Of course." I grumble.


"If he still wants you after two years, then he must really love you." Tao states.


"Or he really wants to possess me. As a trophy, not a person." I remember the time he introduced me to his family. He bragged about my grades, money and title. No one there cared if I was nice or a , as long as I had money. That was when I started to realize that he never actually loved me.


"Oh." Tao says, looking at me in sympathy. I shrug.


"I think the coast is clear." I whisper. Tao peeks out and opens the door. He tip toes down the hallway, looking left and right before signaling me to follow. I giggle at his silliness. The two of us make it back to the casting room. Everyone had been waiting. We are  only 5 girls left, and the four glare at me.


"That took a long time. The bathroom is not that far away." Chanyeol grins. I glare at him, still feeling betrayed at what he did earlier.


"We ran into some trouble." Tao answers vaguely and grins back. I notice what this looks like, the two of us alone for a while, and blush while shooting Tao an evil look.


"To determine the female role for Exo's new music video, we will test one more thing. We have already tested your looks and on and off camera. Now we will take a look at your personality. We will ask you a set of questions about your background and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter