I passed?

Casting for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"1,2,3. We are one! Hello we are Exo." I get greeted by 12 guys who stood up as soon as I entered. I stumbled with the grace of an elephant to the chair in the middle of the room. Before, I had actually been planning to just take a nap during my interview, but now I had to at least try. For Shawny.

"Hello. My name is Kelsa." I say, loud and clear. The manager comes in behind me after closing the door.

"You don't look like a fan." Tao smirks. I glare daggers at him. That little jerk. Be charming Kelsa.

"I spontaneously decided to become a fan." I flash a dazzling smile. Tao chokes on his water. That was so satisfying to watch.

"What happened for the sudden change of heart?" Kai asks. He is very handsome, in a sophisticated way. Not really my type, but still.

"I met this member." I say in a flat tone.

"He must have been very dashing." Tao says. I am sorry Shawny. I tried to be charming, for like a second, but this was just too tempting.

"He was as dashing as an ugly duck." I deadpan. That wipes the self-satisfying smile off his face.

"So if you only just decided to become a fan, then how are you here?" Kai asks, ignorant of the evil daggers being shot at me from Tao.

"My friend forced me to come. Shawny? You rejected her because of her height." Did that come over too accusingly? Kai nods his head, remembering.

"A sweet girl. Our manager was against it because she was taller then half of us." I turn my head and face the manager, making him a victim of my glare. Because of him, Shawny has to put her hope into me.

"She was not just too tall." The manager answers my unasked question. "I am looking for a strong character. Someone who is fierce but still ladylike. She was too sweet and girly." I look down to my feet. That explanation made more sense. But why not just say that to Shawny? She used to be very self conscious about her hight. The first time we met, I found her crying in a corner because some guys called her a giraffe. Once I started hanging out with her, the snarky comments stopped. Most people fear my piercing glares. Except for Shawny.

"So why should we let you go on to the next round? You obviously are not a fan, and you did not even come here willingly." Tao leans forward on his elbows, grinning.  How was I supposed to answer that? I sigh. I guess that Shawny will be a little disappointed that I did not make it. But when I tell her how mean Tao was, she will take my side for sure and also see them as jerks. Since I won't be winning anyway, I might as well tell them why I was wasting my time here.

"Shawny didn't make it. She begged me to win for both of us. That's why I'm here." I shrug.

"Well, that is honest." The manager comments.

"Isn't that what you asked of us?" I reply. The beeper goes off. Wow, that was already 10 minutes?

"Well then, nice chatting with you all." I stand up and make my way to the door.

"Wait, we need your contact information." Kai says. It takes a moment to sink in. They want me? I made it to the next round? I turn around and pretend to be unaffected.

"If you insist." I grumble and come forward. He pushes a sheet of paper towards me, expecting me to start writing.

"Need a pen?" Tao smirks, and hands me one. I take it, making a big show of wiping off his germs. That only earned a laugh. I scribble my cellphone number and name on the paper and drop the pen.

"Thank you. We will be in contact." Kai smiles. I smile back, because he was such a gentleman and it seems to annoy Tao when I am nice to Kai.
I open the door. The manager comes out with me. "289!" He yells. I walk over to Shawny, who was bouncing up and down.

"How was it? Did you make it? Aren't they so adorable and charming?!" I snort at the last comment.

"That Tao guy is so annoying." I try to set her straight.

"Are you kidding me? He is so hot!" She squeals. "It that I didn't make it because of my height."

"It wasn't your hight, I asked." I assure her.

"Don't tell me you spent half the time defending me and accusing them." Shawny whines. I shrug.

"Maybe?" I say. And the other half I was glaring at Tao.

"So you didn't make it? Why couldn't you have just sat there and smiled!" Shawny grumbles, and punches me on the shoulder.

"Hey! That hurt." I rub my shoulder. That will leave a bruise.

"And I did get in. Have a little faith." I tease. Shawny starts jumping up and down, a bubbly mess.

"We made it to the second round! You will so win this!" She gushes, and starts skipping to the exit. Finally! We are leaving this horrible place.

"Where are we going?" I ask. I was up for some pizza, or maybe bubbletea.

"I am going to give you a makeover. You are so winning this thing!" She drags me along, ignoring my protests. Why was she doing this to me?
The next day was worse, if that was even possible. First, I got a call from the manager stating the place and time I should show up. Then, Shawny dragged me through more stores then I can count and made me buy a whole new closet. Isn't just one outfit enough?! Then we had to get my hair cut, thank god only the splits, and not too much of it's length. Then she noticed that I was running late and made me run to catch the bus. Now we are in front of the SM entertainment building.

"Miss, you cannot come in. Only the people on this list may enter." A tall man blocks Shawny's way.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter