the casting

Casting for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my god, look! It's them! It's really them!" I rolled my eyes at the starstruck fangirls on my right. Of course it was them. Why wouldn't they come to the casting that would determine who they filmed their new music video with?

"1, 2, 3, we are one! Hello we are Exo." The twelve boys in front of us bow and wave. Some catcalls and love confessions were shouted from the mass of girls that wanted to compete for the starring siderole in Exo's new MV. I myself was pretty uninterested in this whole thing. Why was I here, you ask? The reason for that is the shrieking, bubbly mess next to me called Shawny. She could be so stubborn and persuasive at times. I was the living proof of that. Instead of snuggling myself in my nice comfy bed, I was here, risking becoming deaf by the loud girls screaming their hearts out. How do those poor boys get through this everyday?

"We will begin the casting now." An older man comes out of a small room with a microphone in his hand.

"One at a time, each one of you will come into this small room with me and Exo." At the mention of Exo squeals fill the giant gym. I groan. Earmuffs would be helpful right about now.

"We will ask you some questions, and ask that you answer honestly." An excited hum fills the air.

"Alone with Exo?"

"They will talk with us!"

"I hope Luhan will fall for me!"

"Can you believe it? Alone with those hotties!" Shawny tugs on my arm, jumping up and down in excitement.

"Technically, you are not alone with them. Their manager is there." I reply, unaffected.

"Oh, stop pouting and enjoy this! Please promise me you will at least try to get the spot." Shawny looks down to me with big puppy eyes. Shawny has the character of an overactive little girl, but she is actually very tall. She still stubbornly wears high heels, which make her tower over my already small height. I was the exact opposite. Small, unsocial, and lazy. Only if I really liked somebody, like Shawny, could I let myself go and have fun. We usually had loads of fun at parties.

"Kelsa! Promise me." Shawny yanked my arm painfully up and down.

"Alright, alright. I'll try to show them my captivating charm that no one can escape." Anything to stop the pain she was causing my arm. She let go, satisfied. I rubbed my arm, complaining loudly.

"Stop whining! It wasn't that strong." Shawny rolls her eyes.

"So how long will we have to stand in this mass of fangirls and wait for our little interview?" I ask.

"I have no clue. Hopefully only a few hours." Shawny had her eyes trained on the first contestant who just walked out of the little room with a smile on her face. She was greeted by her friends, who immediately started screaming and hopping up and down when they saw her.

"A few hours?" I repeat weakly, kissing my listening skills goodbye. No way was I making it out here with both my ears working. Girls kept on coming in and out of the small room, and gradually the gym became quieter, and the crowd smaller. Shawny was interacting with other girls somewhere, sharing her excitement with someone who could actually understand her. I was leaning against the cold stonewall, rubbing my temples. I think I was getting a headache.

"Kelsa! Come over here and meet Anna and Hanna!" Shawny waved to me. I pretended to not see her, but instead of giving up, she drags Anna and Hanna over. Oh joy.

"Anna already was inside, and talked with Exo. Can you believe it?" Shawny gushed. I nod my head, faking interest.

"They were so polite. And even laughed at my jokes! I couldn't stop staring at DO though. He looked so hot and mysterious, oh my god." Anna started fanning her face, starstruck. I flash a quick smile her way.

"What about the others? Do you think I am Luhan's type?" Shawny looked at Anna with big round eyes. That would be my signal to leave.

"I'm just going to get something to drink. Be right back." I mutter, and scurry away before Shawny can suggest for us all to go together. I walk down the quiet hall, leaving the hum of voices behind in the gym. It is so tempting to just leave. But I had promised Shawny to stay. She is my only friend, more or less, so I won't ditch her. That does not mean I won't take as long as possible to buy a drink. I listen to the soft echo of my feet touching the floor. Unlike the gym, which was pretty o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter