☠ CHAPTER III ☠

Freedom × Pirate AU × Adventure Starting
FREEDOM
home / guidelines / announcements / plotlines / reviews / form / ©
CHAPTER 003

   “What should we do?” Siofra asked, an uncertain mix of emotions scribbled on her features. Upon their return to the ship, Don and Sehun announced the dreadful information they had just obtained. Sweat dripped down the sides of their faces, panting heavily due to their race.

   The news caused a massive stir amongst the crew, their voices overlapping each other as they struggled to express their thoughts in the midst of a disarrayed intensity.

   “Well we can’t just sit here!”

   “That’s bull!”

   “A load of crap, I say!”

   “And how the hell did you know that?” In spite of the uproar, Polaris’ voice overpowered all else. The crowd of conflicted pirates fell into a dead silence, letting common sense sink into their thoughts. Just like that, the tides have been turned and the two troublemakers are now cornered.

   Don tried his best to keep his cool but the air seemed to thin as Sehun found it even harder to breath. He felt truly guilty for hiding the truth from those he consider family. “We wanted to follow the Captain but we found the princess instead and she was—” The rainbow haired lad had managed to speak in a single breath but the lack of oxygen in his lungs resulted in a sharp intake of breath. “Talking to some people.”

   Murmurs were shared in the cloud of anxious pirates; panic slowly yet painfully piercing their bones as if a blade. The elder groaned, rolling his eyes before hitting the back of Sehun’s head. “Dip! Now we're really in trouble!” His voice, though harsh, was only loud enough for Sehun to hear although it seems that he wasn’t paying attention to Don in the first place.

   “Please, everyone settle down first.” Siofra tried. Ceasing the riots of pirates has never been easy, especially if one lacks the charisma and integrity that the Jones twins possess. She felt as if she was being trampled over by the worries of her so-called family. “Please,” She pleaded but to no avail. Siofra’s attempts succeeded in tugging upon one of Satine’s heartstrings, which caused her to explode. “Oi!” She yelled, successfully catching the attention of the crew. “Listen to the girl!” Siofra let out a breath she did not she was holding before nodding thankfully at Satine with a grateful smile on her lips.

   “Please, stay calm. Do you really think the Captain will let that happen to us?” For the meantime, her words were able to comfort the crew but she couldn't help but worry herself. Of course she has a tremendous amount of fate in the twins and truly, they wouldn’t let them die. Would they? 

× ☠ ×

   “Happy birthday, you two!” In the face of the twins, two pairs of rapiers have been presented to them. Though it looks rusty from the old age, they were sturdy and reliable in battle. When the two blades are united, they seem to form a single sword. “Papa, are you sure?” The teens’ eyes doubled in size. They were fully aware of how their father had treasured his weapon almost as much as his own children. “Take care of this for me, alright? I trust you.”

× ☠ ×

   Hundreds upon thousands of thousands of thoughts waltzed in and out of Yongguk’s mind with every step closer to the final laying place of one who was so dear. What should I do? Should I say something? I should have gotten some flowers. Argh, what am I doing with my life? Over and over again, he questions his own actions albeit having done the same thing for years now.

   At a time like this, he is highly envious of Historia’s cool demeanor. He craves to be able to assess to the situation they way she does. She’s always so collected, seemingly knows how to act in any given time. If only he were more like her. His crew had no problem at all listening to her every word.

   What an idiot.

   “Yongguk, is anything the matter?” Through the bare corner of her eyes she noticed her brother had been gazing upon the ground for quite some time now, a habit he has whenever he feels bothered. “Ah no—I was just thinking.” Yongguk assured, his dominant hand rested over his trusty rapier. Historia nodded in response although she still wasn’t convinced.

   The young captain had a tendency to keep things to himself. Not that Historia could blame him, she does the exact same thing and maybe that’s what makes them twins.

× ☠ ×

   Out of all the horrible experiences Adelia has had on board (and trust me, there has been a lot) not a single one of them seemed to be able to compete with this one. It was complete hell above deck; everyone was in a rush with the yelling and profanities, which honestly are not exactly her cup of tea. The subtle rocking of the ship isn’t helping her either. On the contrary, it practically threw her into a state of nausea.

   “So, are you dead yet?” The voice that came to senseless regarding her current situation was one that featured a glint of humor and sarcasm. “Shut the up before I knock you out.” Adelia complained, throwing the closest thing she could get her hands on: a small piece of wood. The male didn’t even need to step out of the way, seeing as her aim is so bad that she barely reached his toes. “Oh how you’ve hurt me so, milady.” He sighed; using grand gestures to over exaggerate his words. “You hurt me right here; right where it counts.” He mocked, placing a hand over his the left side of his chiseled chest. “Get out of my breathing space Jongin, why are you even here? You should be in Korea, taking a bath in gold coins or something.” The lost princess grumbled, her eyes glaring down upon the other.

   “Shut the up.” Jongin deadpanned, his voice dangerously low. “You and I are different. All you ing nobles are the same. All you care about is your own power and how much better you are just because you live a better life than most. Well, look around princess. Do you know where you are? A pirate ship, a ing pirate ship. And you want to know why? Because karma decided that it was about time she bit you in the . That’s right. So you better listen to me or else I will ing put a bullet through your head.” He yelled losing composure. Obviously it wasn’t very difficult to get Jongin riled up and Adelia knew which buttons to push. If she was going to suffer hell, you better bet your sorry that she’ll bring somebody down with her.

   “You’re such a hypocrite. You too are a noble, so why do you choose to live the life of filthy savages? Your parents miss you. That’s what Joongki said when he read his fathers letter. Your family misses you so much and you decide to forget their pains and sorrows and live on a place for rats?” Adelia asked keeping her composure the best she can between not puking and not jumping off the ship at the very second to just end her life. Maybe it would be better if he just put a bullet through her head, then she wouldn’t have to live another day on the ship.

   “My parents miss their only son who would be the only one to keep the family name. And I stay on this ship because I get the freedom that I deserve. All I get back home is daily lessons and complaints about how terrible I am. It’s better that I’m here.” He said finally calming down after throwing some empty barrels around.

   “You and I, as you said, we are different. You enjoy being here while I despise it. I know you hate me, you all hate me, so why keep me here if you despise me so much? Just let me go, you will never see me again.” Adelia said, trying to reason with her fellow noble.

   “That is not my decision to make.” He said turning to leave before stopping and looking back at her with a menacing glare. “And never repeat the fact that I was noble. That title is long gone.” He said as he left with a final glare, leaving the frail noble girl alone on her mattress.

It would be easier if I just died.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

This honestly took us 500000000 years no kidding. I am so sorry we're late but on the brightside, happy new year? I've been away December of last year and I didn't bring my laptop with me so that happened and my poor Lynnie! She has been working so hard for biology meanwhile I actually like biology. But I do pray you will all forgive me and enjoy the chapter! We plan to update every month, at least. Again, really sorry and thank you so much for sticking around (if you are sticking around, I mean, if you're chosen you better stick around or else I will kick you out. You have been warned) and enjoy! PS. I changed my username holla.


CO-AUTHOR'S NOTE

Ok so honestly, I apologize that this has taken so long but honestly me and Dika have just been hella busy
Like you'd think that "Oh woot woot, winter break. 50 chapters a day." Uhm no. We've had so much company and I had so much homework over the break like holy crap. I wanted to cry. And I had to study so much for Biology, ugh I just cannot
Anyway, so I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and that you'll continue to support us and our busy schedules. 
Oh and btw, we are not giving up on the story :)
Lynny out~