☠ TEASER I ☠

Freedom × Pirate AU × Adventure Starting
FREEDOM
home / guidelines / announcements / plotlines / reviews / form / ©
TEASER 001

   The seas were silent with the exception of the calming waves, the ship rocked from side to side gently like a cradle. The sun has fallen and the stars out to play, decorating the darkened skies with their glow.

   Most of the crew had fallen asleep below the deck; they were human too after all. The calmness of her surroundings brought a sense of tranquility to the girl’s heart. It was nice to have a change of atmosphere, for when sunshine breaks, the deck will always be loud and bustling with pirates. Adelia smiled to no one in particular, leaning on the railing to view the still ocean.

   She missed life in the castle. She missed getting everything with a wave of her hand, she missed being treated with the utmost courtesy and over all of that she missed her small collection of treasures. She threw her head back and laughed dryly. In her personal opinion, life with the pirates was awful. They reek of alcohol and salt water with the occasional mix of blood. But she was just like them. She too would do anything for treasure, which for her would be small antiques. She craved to be back at home on her fluffy mattress instead of being stuck in a dump fit for rats. Not to mention, they navigate the ship through the worst of weathers, triggering her seasickness. But this exact moment in particular, this is nice.

   “It’s nice, right?” The sudden voice of another man made her head snap to see him. Yongguk Jones, the young Captain had taken off his usual attire in exchange for a black wife beater. Heat traveled to her cheeks, not used to seeing him this way. “Yes,” She replied weakly, stiffening when he too leaned on the railing next to her. “I won’t do anything, don’t worry.” He said, noticing her tense up. “Historia’s on watch, I wouldn’t dare to.”

   She silently thanked her luck (and Historia). A pirate touching her was the last thing she needed in this situation.

   Weeks ago, she had been captured by pirates and put aboard Freedom. She was on her way to South Korea with her husband when a crew of pirates attacked, taking her in. Until this day, she had no clear idea why they would capture her and keep her alive however it might as well be for ransom.

   Adelia kept shut, unsure of what to say. Back at home; she had trouble keeping shut yet ever since she boarded Freedom, she had nothing to say.

   “Tell me, Princess, what do you think of us?” Yongguk asked, eyes still staring into the horizon. Adelia was dumbfounded, she had no idea what to think, let alone what to say. Pirates have always been ruthless, bloodthirsty monster who had no morals whatsoever but the crew had shown her something else.

   They were close, practically family. The ship has always been lively thanks to them; they shared laughs and irreplaceable moments that Adelia couldn’t help but envy. Life as a noble wasn’t like this at all. For her, all dirty business must be behind their backs and the only side she is allowed to show is the side that offers nothing but pure perfection. An erect posture, words that are difficult to understand, unnecessarily thick dresses that make it hard for her to breath, and a false smile to top it all off. Under the abundant layers of fabric, she wanted to scream at the lies that escape their glossy lips.

   “I—” Adelia trailed, looking at her feet, unsure of how to answer that question. Before she could say another word, the young Captain cut her off with a bitter laugh. “It’s okay.”

   The next few minutes went on in that silence. Adelia was at lost for words; she didn’t know what to say in this situation, he wasn’t making it easy for her. The silence was unbearably awkward. Adelia’s fingers were in a nervous knot. When she took a quick glimpse at the Captain, no clear emotion was visible on his features.

Words made an effort to form in her mind, trying to get her to open but before she could, a third party sneaked up behind them. “What are you doing?” The second-in-command had both hands on her hips, her stances strong and proud.

   A cold sweat dripped down her forehead, Adelia felt cornered with nowhere to go and nothing to say. On the other hand, Yongguk spun around casually to meet her with a smirk. “Don’t be jealous Tori, you’re still my number one lass.” Historia rolled her eyes at him. “Get going Princess.” Historia urged the other girl away, tilting her head as a sign.

   The kidnapped noble didn’t need to be told twice. Historia had always intimidated her thanks to her judgmental eyes. Without missing a beat, Adelia scurried off but not before mumbling curses at the strong second under her breath.

   Good riddance, Historia thought. She never liked the noble and she didn’t support bringing them on Freedom but nope, Yongguk just had to say otherwise. That day, Historia had screamed at her brother upon the privacy of their quarters. Yongguk just shrugged her off saying that he was, in fact, Captain of the ship and his orders were absolute. Oh how she hated losing to her brother when she knew he was right.

   “That’s not nice.” Yongguk frowned at his sister who now had her arms crossed in front of her chest. Historia shrugged, as if not caring about the younger girl’s well being before walking over to Yongguk side, leaning her back against the railing.

   “Oh come on Tori, you can’t just be like that.” He poked her cheek, teasing her the way he always does when they were younger. Historia swatted his hand away without a second thought. “She’s not supposed to be on the ship!” She argued, straightening her back. “She doesn’t belong here.”

   Yongguk sighed at his twin, ruffling her hair. “Tori, now’s not the time.” Historia frowned at him, feeling somewhat betrayed. “Do whatever.” She huffed before heading back to her station. She climbed up the stairs to the lookout station so she could resume admiring the stillness of the waves.



AUTHOR'S NOTE

So here's the teaser for ya'll! It's not much and it's pretty short but it's just a teaser so it will have to do. In case it isn't clear yet (in which case you clearly haven't been reading my updates thoroughly), Yongguk and Historia Jones are twins. Historia being my character and Yongguk being Adelia (co-author)'s love interest. But yeah, I'm really happy that people actually click on this fic and is excited over it, I'm really happy for that. It really makes my day whenever I see someone comment how the fic is interesting cause this thngs is my baby <3


CO-AUTHOR'S NOTE


Hello~ This is the co-author or just Lynn. Yeah just call me Lynn cuz co-author I find is just super awkward < x<. Anyway hope you enjoyed the teaser and sorry that it took so long to come TT^TT. But both me and Dika have been super busy with stuff cuz well. Summer started <3. Summer is a beautiful time of year (unless you're where I live cuz we just had like huge pouring rain) anyway. Ok I'm going off topic. Hope you enjoyed the teaser as much as we enjoyed writing it :3