Chapter 5

Love Hurts

  I was sitting outside with Sinn and Lihua.  Lihua was playing a beautiful Chinese melody on her flute as Sinn painted the rising sun.  After two weeks of school, this is the most relaxed I've been.

  "What time is it?" Sinn asked.

  Checking my watch, I realized it was thirty minutes befor our first class, "Time to get ready."

  "You go ahead.  I'm going to stay a little while longer." Sinn replied still fully focused on her painting.

  "I'll stay with you." Lihua said and Sinn smiled.

  "Okay.  I'll see you guys for lunch then." I decided to go through the school's garden for the more scenic route.  As I was walking I heard crying in the distance.  I'm not sure why, but I felt compelled to go toward it.

  "I-I don't understand..." I heard a female voice say in between sobs.

  "What's so hard to understand?  Are you stupid?"  I stopped behind a tree when I saw Kai talking to a girl.  The poor girl had tears pouring down her face.  Kai just stood there nonchalantly with a dog plushie in his hands"

  "B-bout K-Kai...you said we'd be to-together...f-forever." the girl almost choked on the word "forever".

  "I lied.  Plain and simple."  Kai answered.

  "How could you do this to me!" she cried.

  "It's not my fault you're naive."  Kai looked at the plushie.  Then he threw it in her face.  It fell to the ground, "Leave.  I don't ever want to see your face again."  He turned and walked away leaving her alone.

  She hung her head low as she held herself.  Her body began shaking violently, and her cries became louder and harsher.  I made my wayt to her.

  "Are you okay?"  She didn't hear my question.  I knelt down and grabbed the plushie, "It's okay-"

  "No it's not!  What do you know?!  You don't know-"

  "I get it."  I immediantly stopped her, "Trust me.  I.  Get.  It.  You love him.  You saw a future with him that you thought would last forever.  I know, because he did the same to me."  She looked up at me and I smiled looking down at the plushie then handing it to her.  "It's not the end.  Don't let this be your downfall.  Take it as a lesson learned."  She took the plushie from me.  "The pain will take some time, but with confidence and good friends, it'll fade.  If you need someone to talk to, I don't mind lending an ear."

  "Thank you.  What's your name?"

  "Hyoyeon.  Kim Hyoyeon."


  "Kai!  Where were you?" D.O. ran up to me asking.

  "Had to let another one loose." I replied.

  "Seriously, stop messing with girls like that Kai.  It's not nice."  He lectured.

  "Tsk.  I can't help it if I just don't care."

  "Then don't care to start then."  I stopped walking and turned to him.  He looked me dead in the eyes, "Karma goes around, and it goes a lot faster than you think."

  "With my looks and talent, Karma wouldn't dare touch me."  I grinned.

  He shook his head, "Karma is going to have one hell of a time kicking your , and I'll be there to watch."

  "Tsk.  Whatever."


  I just had to bring every color of the stupid rainbow with me.  Now I'm having trouble carring all my crap back inside.  Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so lazy.

  "Here let me help you."  I turned to see Lay with a smile on his face.  He reached for my stuff and I stepped back.

  "It's okay I got this."

  "I insist Sinn.  That's way to much for someone to carry."  He took a bunch of stuff from me.  "Where too?"  He asked sweetly. 

  I don't get it.  How can he be so....nice?  Everyone talks about how he's the school angel, how he's always bowing to everyone, and is just soooo caring.  "Lay, how can you be so nice?"

  "I just am I guess.  I mean, there's already so much hate in the world, why not spread some love?"  he said brightly.

  I turned my head slightly and squinted my eyes at him, "The world is naturally ugly with hate in it.  The bad always seems to out weigh the good, so why bother?"

  "Because I believe that little bit of good is worth fighting for."  He said with a deteremined face.

  "....I-I don't like this.  You're so optimistic.  I'm not use to all this....nice.  I don't like it."

  "It's okay.  I'm sure you have your reasons why and I understand."

  "Lay.  You're messing with my evil vibe here, and your kindness is starting to hurt me."

  His face immediantly began to panic, "Are you okay?!  Do I need to take you to the informatory?!  Here get on my back I'll carry you!"

  "No Lay, I just need you to be quite while we head to the Art Studio."

  "Are you sure?  I can buy you some medicine or-"

  "Shhhhh, Lay, shhhhhhhh."  I said with a finger to my lips.


  It was lunch time and I was in line with my tray to get my food.  Chen playfully bumped into me, and Tao stood next him waving, "Hey there my fair lady!"

  "Hey guys!"  I said brightly with a smile.

  Chen handed Tao his tray and took my tray, "Here!  I'll carry your tray for you!"

  "What about your tray?"

  He pointed to Tao, "Tao will hold mine."

  "Why do I have to hold your tray and mine!" Tao questioned.

  "Because it would be rude for us not too."  Chen answered.

  "Then I'll hold hers and you hold ours!"  Tao argued.

  "It's to late Tao, I'm already holding it."  Chen turned back to me with a smile as Tao pouted, "What would you like my fair lady?"

  Luhan was standing with Lihua as he watched her fill her tray with sweets.  "Um, Lihua, do you only eat sweets?" he asked.

  "Yes.  But Sinn forces me to eat what she calls 'real food' sometimes, because she doesn't think my eating habits are healthy."

  "Don't you think eating only sweets is a unheathly diet?"  Luhan asked.

  Lihua looked up at him cutely with her big cute eyes, "But sweets are a gift from the heavens that they graced us with."

  Luhan was confused so he just smiled and nodded.  We all then made our way to our table where the rest of the gang were.

  "Maki, how many times do I have to tell you that you can't go around selling your books."  Amber said messaging her temples.

  "It's just some mangas...." she argued.

  "What kind of manga?" I asked.

  "You don't want to know Hyoyeon."  Amber answered.

  "It's just stuff."

  " stuff?" I asked.

  "Yeah, like I write about forbidden love." Maki began digging in her bag.

  "What kind of forbidden love?"  I'm still confused.

  She pulled a manga out and handed it to me, "Here look."

  I read the title, Midlight Summer Love.  Sounds a bit cheesy, but whatever.  I opened it to look inside.

  "I wouldn't do that if I were you."  Amber warned.

  "OMIGOD!"  I shrieked closing the manga and my face was bright red.  The manga had a bunch of explicit stuff of....well....

  "What's the matter?"  Xiumin asked.  He then took the manga and looked through it.  His face had a very displeased look to it, "MAKI!  Are you writting gay stuff about EXO-M and K again?!"

  The manga was so......graphic.  I think I'm dramatized.

  "What?  I'm just writting about you guys' gay love is all.  I mean it's bound to happen."  Maki shrugged.

  All the boys choked on their food or spitted their water out.

  "NO MAKI!"  Tao yelled.

  "But Tao you always try and sneak in the shower with one them."  Maki argued back.

  Tao's face turned a crimson red, "I'm just scared of ghosts is all!"

  "Maki, I'm the manliest of us all.  There's no way I would like boys." Luhan said running a hand through his hair.

  "Tell that to your Hello Kitty stuff."  Maki retorted taking a sip of her drink.

  "Maki, if you are going to write it, keep it to yourself.  I can't have you selling it around school."  Amber told her.

  "Fine...I'll just stick it on Asianfanfics or something." she mumbled.

  "NO!  DON'T WRITE IT AT ALL!"  Chen yelled.

  "Why are you guys yelling?"  Baekhyun asked walking over with the rest of K.

  "Don't worry about Baekhyun, so why don't you guys leave."  Amber spat.

  "Awwww is that any way to talk to friends?"  Chanyeol asked leaning an arm on Baekhyun's shoulder.

  "I think they are still bitter that we beat them, again!" Sehun chimed in.

  "Why you little-"  Amber was about to go off, but Luhan stopped her.

  "What do you guys want?  If it's just to gloat, then do it somewhere else, because we don't have time for it."  Luhan said sternly.

  "It's okay, second best is nothing to be ashamed of, oh wait, you guys didn't even get second."  Kai said tilting his head to the side grinning. "Oh, and look, they picked up my left overs."  Kai said reffering to me.

  I've been keeping my head down to avoid any contact with him.  I notice Sinn clench her hand and was about to do something, but Lay laid a hand on her hand stopping her.

  "Kai.  That's very unkind of you to say to someone.  You should apologize."  Lay lectured.

  He leaned on the table and lowered his head close to my ear, "I'm sorry that your worthless, and won't amount to anything."

  Chen and Tao stood up ready to fight, and I heard Xiumin tell Kai that that was enough.  Kai just laughed.

  "Kai, really that's enough."  Suho said trying to end it.

  "What she's not going to do anything, hell she can't do anything."  Kai went on.

  Then I slammed my hand on the table and stood up.  Everyone was startled by this.  I turned to Kai with a pissed off face.

  "What are you going to do?"  Kai egged me on.

  I guess something inside me snapped, because the next thing I knew I swung a right hook straight into his jaw.  He stumbled backwards in shock holding his face.  "You're the worthless one who doesn't know how to do anything, but play stupid games with people hearts!"  I yelled.

  There were so many gasps, and Sinn stood up cheering "TALK GET HIT!".  Kai's eyes flashed red as he tried lunging at me.  EXO-M immediantly blocked him from me and Chanyeol and Sehun struggled to hold him back.

  "YOU'RE DEAD KIM HYOYEON!  YOU HEAR ME?!  YOU'RE DEAD!"  Kai yelled as Chanyeol and Sehun dragged him to the exit.  Baekhyun followed shocked and confused, and D.O. and Suho turned to me.

  "I'm sorry."  Suho said then following them.

  D.O. just gave me a smirk, "It's about time someone knocked him down a few notches," he then gave me a thumbs up, "Good job Kim Hyoyeon."  He then followed the rest of s.

  "Holy crap Hyoyeon!  That was awesome!"  Amber yelled punching the air in excitement.

  "Yeah, you laid his out!"  Tao added.

  Sinn made her way to me and laid a hand on my shoulder.  She had a concern look on her face, "Are you okay?"

  Am I okay?  I mean, after Kai broke my heart I told myself to move on, and to get revenge.  My feelings for Kai were still strong, but I guess watching him hurt another girl, and listening to his awful remarks opened my eyes.  I nodded my head with a smile.  I looked up at Sinn with bright yes, "I've never been better."

 


 

***Hey guys!  I just wanted to say thanks for subscribing and the comments!  You guys are absolutely daebak!!!  Lol, also I did draw pictures of Sinn and Lihua (it's not that great my drawing skills aren't the best XD) but I was wondering if you guys would like me to post it so you could get a better vision of them, if not then I wasn't even going to bother lol.  Anyways let me know in the comments cuz I have no clue how to do polls, and I'll try to post the next chapter as quickly as possible!  Thanks again!!***